Topics

E3

• Turtman - May 31, 2012 5:56 p.m.

I've got a backlog that will last me 2 years
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 31, 2012 5:51 p.m.

Yeah I really don't want this generation to end, just the thought of spending hundreds of dollars for a console I don't need makes me kinda sick.
  • LordZarlon - May 31, 2012 5:49 p.m.

It's time. I've been doing some heavy PC Gaming the last several years and graphics tech has advanced significantly. We're not seeing it because many games are made for consoles and PC and they need to run on the lesser powered console tech. Typically the first year or so of new systems doesn't mean we stop seeing new games on the old systems. Look at God Of War and Final Fantasy 12.
  • kachigop - May 31, 2012 5:23 p.m.

I'M NOT READY! I just haven't finished all of the games that I've wanted to on these consoles. If the world moves up to the next gen I'll fall farther behind than I already am! I still haven't touched Assassin's Creed: Revelations... *sob*
  • BMXROCKS93 - May 31, 2012 5:23 p.m.

To be honest with the amount of cash being spent on games that come out just before the next gen release, it would put me off until the games coming out are less this gen and more next gen. when there is a decent sized collection of games to choose from then i would consider upgrading!
  • chad-munn - May 31, 2012 5:13 p.m.

I won't be jumping any time soon. I was a day one with the Xbox and I easily could have waited a year. I was a year two PS3 adopter and I EASILY could have waited until year 5.
  • BladedFalcon - May 31, 2012 5:11 p.m.

Agreed, specially with reason number 7. I honestly feel comfortable with the graphical capability we are currently, and I don't really want to think about having to save 500+ dollars for a console that won't even be really good until 1 or 2 years in.
  • lamarkelley - May 31, 2012 5:06 p.m.

Great article, I feel as though even though I'm excited about the next-generation of consoles, that this generation hasn't reached its full pennacle yet. Also I've basically spent the last few years playing the xbox 360 and I haven't experienced the ps3 yet. Just sayin
  • chrisda - May 31, 2012 4:56 p.m.

#1 reason why we need need gen: So PC's can stop being help back
  • chrisda - May 31, 2012 4:57 p.m.

held*
  • BladedFalcon - May 31, 2012 5:08 p.m.

Screw that, I don't want to spend extra money on a new console just because a bunch of PC elitists are whining about it. That, and no matter with what specs the new consoles release with, PC whiners will immediately bitch that those specs are outdaded already anyway.
  • Tjwoods18 - May 31, 2012 6:05 p.m.

No!, Pc's are too proned to viruses and they brake down easily.
  • StuntzMcKenzy - May 31, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Are they? I've never had that problem. And Bladed don't get mad at us because we're running circles around your console and want more from gaming. 99% of PC Elitist are also Gaming Enthusiast. Meaning we're to pay more because want the BEST! And you're damn lie if you think the current consoles offer anything close to what is possible for a peak gaming experience.
  • StuntzMcKenzy - May 31, 2012 7:51 p.m.

willing* a*
  • BladedFalcon - June 1, 2012 1:37 a.m.

*laughs* Me? getting mad? Not at all, if anything, it is you guys that keep getting mad at us console users and blame us of all your woes. The thing is, if PC is so peak tech, why not go all out? If anything, breaking out games in the PC that look so damn good they could never possibly run on current consoles would make PCs even more desirable. Fact is, it is not consoles that are holding PC gaming back, it's the own PC developers that are.
  • Thedigitalg - June 2, 2012 11:13 a.m.

And why are the developers holding PC gaming back? It's because most developers make games for consoles too. Consoles, because gamers must be incredibly cheap, are what most people game on. Why build a game at top-tier PC specs, when you can build at console specs and probably save yourself a lot of money. If people only gamed on a PC (and I don't know why people don't) then we'd all win. Why is that so hard to get?
  • BladedFalcon - June 2, 2012 11:39 a.m.

"Why is that so hard to get?" You just answered yourself: "Why build a game at top-tier PC specs, when you can build at console specs and probably save yourself a lot of money."
  • Net_Bastard - May 31, 2012 4:53 p.m.

FUCK YOU GUYS. IT'S BEEN 7 FUCKING YEARS.
  • Evanesco - May 31, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Disagree.
  • kevin-mercado - May 31, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Screw fearing the future , am ready for that MF . bring it on