• sleepy92ismypsn - July 30, 2010 7:08 p.m.

This article is so sad for me. My step dad was an alcoholic who loved absolut vodka and playing video games with hangovers. Sadly he killed himself by drinking a huge bottle of it earlier this year. R.I.P. Ken Bruce. He would have loved Red Dead Redemption.
  • JPorFavor - July 30, 2010 5:28 p.m.

That's why Dynasty Warriors keep selling!
  • revrock - July 30, 2010 5:24 p.m.

how's 'bout 30 credits worth of "plank" on Wii Fit to punish oneself for the debauchery?
  • Gameguy94 - July 30, 2010 4:54 p.m.

@ GodofPS314 Because seven is the most important number in the history of ever. Think about it, theres seven continents, seven deadly sins, seven wonder of the world, the seventh Final Fantasy is considered the best, James bond's number is 007 (aka 7). Seven just makes sennse.
  • lozarian - July 30, 2010 4:53 p.m.

This made me chuckle heartily. Especially the mashymashymsmashmashsmashy bit. Rapidly becoming my fave GR writer - almost pratchettesque.
  • WickedSid - July 30, 2010 4:33 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus, for the same reasons as Red Dead.
  • joshin69 - July 30, 2010 4:21 p.m.

Has anyone tried Aquanaut's holiday or Afrika on a hangover? They both look the perfect gaming tonic.
  • GodofPS314 - July 30, 2010 4:17 p.m.

Great article, I was just wondering why do you guys do top 7 countdowns? What is the signifigance of 7?
  • Silvermech - July 30, 2010 4:02 p.m.

I'll remember this in three years when I can legaly drink.
  • JosefMotley - July 30, 2010 3 p.m.

i don't understand why people are still hyping that ridiculous flower game. great idea but it controls like a drunkard... being hungover and playing with that fiddly, irritating motion control nonsense would make me want to kill myself
  • joshin69 - July 30, 2010 3 p.m.

reverandglass: Flow is a no no for me, inverted motion control just does my head in on a hangover. Thanks for the "VERY" Mr Houghton, made lol in the office. Heads turned, Thank god its Friday.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - July 30, 2010 2:48 p.m.

good to see someone defendign PoP, i love that game as well
  • reverandglass - July 30, 2010 2:42 p.m.

any you missed?! how about Ico, Flow, Little Big Planet (earlier stages). Lego Star Wars on co-op was a favourite of the ex and I but only after we switched on all the cheats! PoP is still one of my go to hangover games though.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - July 30, 2010 2:41 p.m.

Josh: Red Dead VERY nearly made this list for those very reasons. Pottering around the wilderness just exploring stuff and watching sunsets can absolutely sort your head out.
  • joshin69 - July 30, 2010 2:35 p.m.

Oddly anough ive found Red Dead Redmption THE best game on a major hangover. No flashing colours, the music is quite chilled and the game lets you play at your own pace while still sucking you in without you realizing it. LocoRoco is also not bat but the music does start to burn the mind after a while
  • TheHolyHandGrenade - July 30, 2010 2:27 p.m.

well in Red Dead, you can use a cheat that will turn you drunk until you turn it off. I don't know if see John collasp every second will help your hangover though. Very funny article!!
  • Crimsonkingx - July 30, 2010 2:23 p.m.

PoP still has a couple basic puzzles! I know one thing...drunks HATE puzzles! Hell! I hate them sober!
  • Tomsta666 - July 30, 2010 2:23 p.m.

I still don't understand all the hate for PoP '08? Even your compliment then were backhanded. I loved that game man!
  • Ninjadmin - July 30, 2010 2:22 p.m.

"Still too drunk to aim the right way" Love it!