Topics

WTF

• Ironarm - July 8, 2010 7:45 p.m.

Simply put...yes.
  • Rhymenocerous - July 8, 2010 6:46 p.m.

Wow, I thought of everything here except for the gang wars. I remember I got Prisoner of War on PS2 because I wanted a prison game...yeah it's not great. Nathan, just print this out and call it a design document. Publishers will snap it up, lol.
  • Ccm731 - July 8, 2010 6:26 p.m.

i was thinking about the suffering when i read this.
  • CandiedJester - July 8, 2010 6:19 p.m.

I would definitely buy it! Awesome idea. I would rather it not be made by R* though, I can never get into/attached to their games. Actually I think I'd like it best if it was made by the people who made Batman Arkham Asylum. That would be quite awesome actually.
  • Alfredhitchshot23 - July 8, 2010 6:07 p.m.

Let's hope SOME developer is looking at this right now.
  • Vercatron - July 8, 2010 6:04 p.m.

I think taking Batman Arkhum Ayslum and building on that with certain changes could end with a great game.
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - July 8, 2010 5:59 p.m.

Arkham Asylum jumps to mind
  • TheLefty - July 8, 2010 5:58 p.m.

I think if Rockstar and Bioware (or similar RPG makers, Bethesda also comes to mind) combined to make this it would be pretty great. Rockstar for their open worlds, Bioware for their RPG elements. The only thing I don't like a R* games is that they don't have any kind of convincing story. To save us all some time, simply put, this would be great if we could change the story, something along the lines of Mass Effect, but with a world like Red Dead Redemption, where we can go off the path for a little and do some minigames (which would change based on what you've done in the game prior). Simply put, this could be great, but only if done right.
  • asspills - July 8, 2010 5:58 p.m.

THANK YOU!!!!! I've been thinking this for YEARS!! But I just can't find a game that does it!! I absolutely loved the Riddick game, and every time a game has a bit where i get imprisoned, it's my favorite part, but you always escape so quick!! I even thought about... *shudder*.. getting the Prison Break game.. to satisfy my hunger..
  • arturus1000 - July 8, 2010 5:57 p.m.

I shall make this game! I assume that it'd be perfect for the source engine? If so: It shall be mine! (Sargon2334 on steam) Recaptcha: "Gauzy Negotiating"
  • kyle94 - July 8, 2010 5:53 p.m.

There's already a prison game, Hard Time, look it up. My avatar is a picture from it. It sucks big time. :P
  • crumbdunky - July 8, 2010 5:39 p.m.

AA, Escape from Butcher bay and Manhunt among others have already touched on much of what you talk about here(I won't talk about the PB game, mind!)so I doubt it's that developers haven't yet considered a prison based game at all. More likely is they don't know how to pitch the game without getting in a bit of a moral tea cup storm with the media. They'd be seen to be glamourising, not just violence, but criminals and criminality themselves and how the moral majority who go to church and don't play games would gnash and wail about THAT! Seriously, R* could make a GTA:The Big House and make it amazing with a lot of the same ideas you have put in here but somethings; stopping it as I think they'll have talked at great length about it many, many times. It's a good idea and everything but it's a bit too good and a bit too obvious not to have a reason behind it failing to exists. I don't think for one minute that there haven't been a lot of prison based games pitched in the past and we have to assume that there's some reason none has been(not fully) set in a jail in the modern age yet and the moral outrage angle is the best I can imagine off the top f my admittedly thick head.
  • DustyRooster - July 8, 2010 5:19 p.m.

Nice one!! Now get started on it, so we can play it!!!
  • sgloomy - July 8, 2010 5:09 p.m.

I think Rockstar should make this game
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - July 8, 2010 4:37 p.m.

Isn't Batman sort of like a prison game?
  • lucklesswonder - July 8, 2010 4:34 p.m.

Technically, a prison game has been made. Escape from Butcher Bay. The sequel, Assault on Dark Athena also struck me as something of a prison game. Both were lots of fun. May not be exactly what you are talking about, but Butcher Bay fits a few of the topics mentioned.
  • FunkSoulBrother - July 8, 2010 4:32 p.m.

If it was done wel it could be good
  • myguyfromthe80s - July 8, 2010 4:27 p.m.

I hope you have forwarded this on to every developer/publisher in your little black book. A grand idea, with the emphasis on conquering as much as you can, The time based element could be 'days till your release' Create more havoc, get given more time inside. Although Stir Crazy comes to mind... "Takin no sh..."
  • jimsmells - July 8, 2010 4:23 p.m.

Quick someone ring a developer, any devoloper, this game needs to be made.
  • nuno004 - July 8, 2010 4:20 p.m.

I think that would be an awesome game