It was a fairly quiet weekend at the box office across the bond, capped by The Day The Earth Stood Still, which beat out two other wide releases to take the top spot with $31 million.
The other releases – Nothing Like The Holidays and Delgo arrived in seventh and an abysmal 16th (the latter despite opening on 2,600 screens).
Meanwhile, the top five stayed pretty similar to last week, with Four Christmases dropping to second place with $13.2 million and Twilight at third with $8 million.
Bolt, meanwhile, went down fourth with $7.5 million, while Australia sank to fifth with $4.3 million.
See the full chart below:
- The Day The Earth Stood Still ($30 million)
- Four Christmases ($13.2 million)
- Twilight ($8 million)
- Bolt ($7.5 million)
- Australia ($4.3 million)
- Quantum Of Solace ($3.8 million)
- Nothing Like The Holidays ($3.5 million)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa ($3.2 million)
- Milk ($2.6 million)
- Transporter 3 ($2.2 million)
[Source: Box Office Mojo ]