Topics

Wii U

• RonnyLive19881 - August 24, 2012 9:58 a.m.

I think yall seem to fail to acknowledge that the Wii U is new hard ware, of course the PS3 version is going to look best at this point. For all we know they created the game for the PS3 from the ground up. Once Nintendo bust out their best looking games and Capcom shows a Wii U version of RE6(Capcom/Resi and Nintendo have a great history) I think yall will be rethinking future similar articles. The thought of the consoles over heating is scary though, I hope this is ironed out. The controller thing isn't even a worry for me, that is the fist thing they make sure is perfect before release. Nintendo would postpone the release of Wii U if they felt the controllers weren't working perfectly.
  • mbavalo - August 24, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Hmm.. RE, That game has a nature which is, have good looks and sacrifice gameplay, or the converse. RE5 looked so good but the gameplay was shit, cosidering dumbass AI. I would not have much faith in the Wii U... yet
  • RonnyLive19881 - August 24, 2012 1:26 p.m.

RE5 is also the only Resi that hasn't been on a Nintendo console.(not counting the original RE1 but the remake more than made up for that and it and RE0 are still Nintendo exclusive. The crappy games like Outbreak, Survivor, Operation Raccoon City don't really count imo Lol) I kind of hope to see a RE5 port to Wii U with new features and updated graphics and controls!
  • Galgomite - August 24, 2012 12:08 p.m.

When I think of these Nintendo consoles with last-gen internals, I picture everything running ice-cold. I'm excited for this console (well, the Nintendo games it will run, really), but I hope they'll delay if it isn't ready.
  • robotdickens - August 24, 2012 12:16 p.m.

Thanks for the information, though I wish we could have seen the comparison of the Wii U version v. the PS3. I would really like this to come out soon. I can't tell you how many times I've been kicked off the tv because someone else wanted to use it. Even if it's just like the Gamecube's extra screen attached to the console, I have high hopes for this.
  • dispatcher_83 - August 24, 2012 2:43 p.m.

I don't mind reasonable comparison between the WiiU and the existing consoles, but bare in mind they were developing a game on a console they have years and years of experience with compared to probably porting it on a new one. Porting it, okay some issues sure. Designing it fully for the WiiU? Then I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of minor differences. Time and experience both play a factor and I may have missed it, but were these final products being played? Usually demo's that aren't final products aren't the build reflected at the time of playing, which is really a shame you seemed to bash on the WiiU version for differences that could be very minor to glaring - since we aren't there who knows, but there also wasn't a mention of the 360 version of AC3 compared to the WiiU. Was it not shown? Just because the tech is newer doesn't mean it is going to look 10x times better than the 360/ps3, at most just more polished or less glitchy. Why on earth do people think this means the console is going to suck when right out of the bat it is on par with everything else?
  • MangaAddict - August 25, 2012 9:24 a.m.

You need to also realize that by the time Nintendo's graphics catch up to PS3's and 360's, their respective new consoles would be out, eclipsing and effectively making WiiU outdated within 2years....
  • dispatcher_83 - August 26, 2012 5:01 a.m.

Nintendo has never been about being the beefiest, prettiest or most advanced when it comes to tech, they have been about fun games, innovation and reliability. If your argument is about "graphics" then you don't even know Nintendo.
  • Fuzunga - August 24, 2012 4:04 p.m.

You know, I went to a "Wii U Experience" even back in July and had ZERO issues with anything. Played a few games, watched some being played... no issues. There were no pro controllers, but the pads they had were fully wireless and working beautifully. This thing had games from everywhere, too, ranging from Zombi U to P-100 to Pikmin.
  • komicturtle - August 24, 2012 5:08 p.m.

What if the WiiU just doesn't like YOU, the person who wrote this article?
  • Hobogonigal - August 24, 2012 9:38 p.m.

On all occasions with different developers and different games and different times. I say that would be the coincidence of the year.
  • scottyD - August 24, 2012 7:27 p.m.

Thank You Justin for a informative article, lots of good info in there to consider. I know i won't be a day one customer, normally I would but I'm gona wait this one out for a year and see where this console is at then. I lost a lot of confidence with Nintendo and the severe lack of third party ( and i mean top selling games, not shovel wear) titles, good online, the choice to use a normal controller if i wanted. Yes I'm a little jaded so We'll wait and see. PS for the haters, I do want Nintendo to do good, so talk shit about my little comment if u want IDC! GR u just got a new follower :)
  • LordZarlon - August 24, 2012 8:10 p.m.

Nintendo is my favorite gaming company period. Unfortunately it may be time to admit that maybe the Big N is not as technically savvy as it used to be. I'll reserve judgement for the final product but I agree with Justin, this is the time that we should be blown away with incoming hardware from Nintendo. And don't say, "That's not what Nintendo does!", because I remember being blown away by the Gamecube demos before it launched. The Metroid demo alone made me pre-order a Gamecube and that wasn't even a confirmed title at the time. We should be getting totally psyched, not worried, at this point.
  • Smash_Bro - August 24, 2012 8:33 p.m.

This is a bit worrying, but I have faith in Nintendo, as I always have. I'm positive that polishing the Wii U is #1 on their current priority list. Having said that, I'm quite impressed that this unfinished, buggy version still looks up to par with current 360 titles. And that's just from third-party graphics! It can only get better from there. But what's most worrying...is that I still don't know what colour(s?) will be available at launch!
  • newarkd - August 27, 2012 2:20 p.m.

It's on Par with everything else? The current Gen has been out for 7 years... Nintendo's brand new technology will be comparable with 7 year old tech. When the next gen does arrive it will be faster, prettier AND will have gimmicky interactive gaming as well. Magbey Sega and Nintendo should team up and corner their part of the market and then let Sony and Microsoft tear it up for the big leagues..
  • RedOutlive. - August 27, 2012 3:38 p.m.

Terrible, terrible news. If what you said is completely on point, the Wii U is the Wii 1.5, not as powerful hardware compared to other consoles and with a gimmick.