Topics

Top 7

• michaelmcc827 - June 29, 2010 2:13 a.m.

It kinda seems like Bayonetta was only there to defend the 10 you guys gave it...I dunno, it just doesn't seem that fantastic.
  • Zeipher - June 29, 2010 2:02 a.m.

Agree with bedelicious. I agree with the entire list, except for Bioshock 2. The game was pretty anticlimatic. "Eh" character development, "eh" plot development, the exact same shooter mechanics as the last game and "eh" graphics. Plus, no "holy balls" moments.
  • Cleanser247 - June 29, 2010 1:58 a.m.

I am really enjoying Red Dead Redemption right now. It's a really great game, and a beautiful environment, filled with nice scenery. I also really liked Just Cause 2 because it is the kind of game that I like playing. The stunts, and adrenaline make it a unique experience. Good Top 7 guys.
  • bedelicious - June 29, 2010 1:21 a.m.

Pretty good list. Out of the games I've played, Mass Effect is definitely the best in my book. However, I can't understand what's the deal with Bioshock 2. I will admit it, I still haven't had the chance to play through the entire game, but I played quite a bit and I was really disappointed. Yes, almost everything about the gameplay was improved (which, surprisingly, was not always a plus), but the story didn't hold any of the fascination of original Bioshock's story. The missions and some of the meetings with characters were almost identical to those of the first game. Only, none of them could even come near. Also, I found carrying the little sister around and protecting her very repetitive and annoying. Not to mention a certain enemy, which seemed better suited for BloodRayne 2. Overall, I didn't find any of the things that made the first Bioshock so great, nor any other great things for that matter. I know I it's not very right to pass judgment on a game I'm yet to play to the end, but that's how I felt about it. Maybe when I get to finish it, I'll find out that I was wrong. Maybe.
  • mgkyo666 - June 29, 2010 1:03 a.m.

I agree with this completely.
  • Kapwan - June 29, 2010 12:59 a.m.

First time in a while I've seen a top 7 list I can't really disagree with. I agree with the selections in the order. I just wish it was top 10 this week so Super Street Fighter IV could be in there.
  • Teh_Ty - June 29, 2010 12:56 a.m.

I'm glad to see bayonetta make the list, I loved that game, and I'm not surprised at all about Red Dead making number 1, even though I haven;t played it.
  • Starplatinum - June 29, 2010 12:42 a.m.

I like the list and agree with Red Dead, though I never played ME2 and waiting like 2 years after ME to play that (which was great) so I'll take everyone's word for it that it is up there with red dead. I'm just on the fence with FFXIII because for the first 20 hours I was excited to play it and still think it is one of the most beautiful games i seen, but after finally reaching pulse i dont feel like playing anymore. I'll have to push myself to finish it because it is a FF title. Can't wait for this week's Tdar!
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - June 29, 2010 12:40 a.m.

@ihopethisisnotantistasblood What browser are you using?
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - June 29, 2010 12:37 a.m.

Wow i forgot Bioshock 2 came out this year and mass effect 2 too wow
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - June 29, 2010 12:33 a.m.

i can only see the first page :(
  • Vagrant - June 29, 2010 12:29 a.m.

1. Mass Effect 2. 2. Red Dead Redemption. 3. Heavy Rain. 4. Alan Wake. The idea of messing with this order in any way is ridiculous. And don't even try and pretend it's down to opinion, goddamn it.
  • Fiirestorm21 - June 29, 2010 12:27 a.m.

Still having issues viewing articles in Chrome. This time I switched to Firefox and I was able to see all four pages, so apparently it is a browser issue. But anyway, no major issues with the list. God of War III was my personal favorite, but otherwise yeah, good stuff.
  • garnsr - June 29, 2010 12:26 a.m.

Red Dead has absolutely been the game I've enjoyed most this year. Like Batman, it came with no great expectations, and completely blew me away. If you did a best of the fiscal year, from last July to this, you'd have a terrific list, especially for PS3 owners. It's been a fantastic year since last summer.
  • wrapdump - June 29, 2010 12:24 a.m.

For me the multiplayer in RDR has been a huge missed opportunity so far. I was hoping for teams of deputies on a train holding off a gang of bandits on horseback, players in co-op busting banks and escaping, team-based cattle-rustling, whatever, ANY interesting game mode based off Western themes. Instead, there's just shitty gunfights. The DLC better be stellar.
  • Cyberninja - June 29, 2010 12:24 a.m.

i agree with list 100%
  • Tronto13 - June 29, 2010 12:23 a.m.

Good lord! i'd forgotten ME2 and Bayonetta came out this year, feel like ive had them for years! great list guys :)
  • Hydrohs - June 29, 2010 12:22 a.m.

I think the glitches in RDR are awesome. I'm really hoping they somehow don't get patched out for the PC version.
  • Fishow753 - June 29, 2010 12:21 a.m.

I think I'm the only one here who did not like ME 2.
  • StrayGator - June 29, 2010 12:17 a.m.

Oh, right, it's Monday. I felt something was missing.