• SillyPigeon - December 21, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Love that stranger in moscow mix
  • philipshaw - December 21, 2010 2:43 p.m.

Ice Cap Zone has to be my favorite 16 bit song ever, thanks for posting this Brett
  • wladodragovic - December 21, 2010 9:04 a.m.

Heheheheh, I spent one summer listening to Sonic soundtracks, and I wasn't in the best of moods at that time... It feels very trippy for me now when I hear'em again. I liked Chrome Gadget, Desert Palace(?),Select Screen and the special stage best, too bad you didn't put 'em here. :) Happy holidays!!(?)
  • elpurplemonkey - December 21, 2010 6:55 a.m.

Great, great songs. And as a big fan of Sonic 1 & 2, I've never played 3. That's so weird. Only $5 on XBLA I believe. I really need to get on that.
  • TruckThunders - December 21, 2010 6:29 a.m.

Had to comment because of my love for the Sonic 3 music. Thanks for the article, Brett.
  • NanoElite666 - December 21, 2010 5:45 a.m.

Ooh yeah, good picks there. Gotta love me some Ice Cap Zone.
  • CancerMan - December 21, 2010 5:06 a.m.

My favorite VGM of all time! Sonic the Hedgehog made me the gamer I am today. The soundtrack to Sonic 3 is particularly amazing. I feel a little ashamed I hadn't noticed the Zone themes were remixed in the next act, although I always had a suspicion.
  • goochbiscuit - December 21, 2010 3:48 a.m.

That Ice Cap Zone jingle was my ringtone for a while. Always did love it!
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 21, 2010 2:11 a.m.

It seems it was only Sonic games and perhaps Streets of Rage games that maximized on the music and sound designed for the Genesis/Megadrive.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - December 21, 2010 1:38 a.m.

^ True, but those allegations came AFTER Sonic 3 was finished.
  • Imgema - December 21, 2010 12:57 a.m.

"it seems strange that Sega would continously deny involvement with one of the most popular humans who's ever walked the Earth" Not so strange... Maybe having any relationship with someone accused for child molesting wasn't a good publicity, regardless if the accusations were true or not.
  • Memph - December 20, 2010 10:33 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Wacko did not do the Sonic 3 music as we know it. Youtube is just swimming with fanboi morons. http://www.nowgamer.com/news/761/the-truth-michael-jacksons-sonic-3-soundtrack Hydrocity Zone's are the best tunes in Sonic 3 i reckon. It suited the stage perfectly. The Walk on Water remix is freakin' awsome too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDYXjwNpqI
  • batmanboy11 - December 20, 2010 10:02 p.m.

Egg-cellent!
  • enlargedhousecats - December 20, 2010 9:53 p.m.

Mr.Elston, you never run out of fantastic music.
  • SuperStingray - December 20, 2010 9:46 p.m.

It's not even just the developers who remixed it- this is by far the most popular Sonic song to remix- I've seen countless variations- even more than Chemical Plant or Green Hill.
  • sternparez - December 20, 2010 9:43 p.m.

yes! Final boss is one of the best VG songs ever, I personally like Hydrocity act 1 and 2 as well.
  • Tenfey - December 20, 2010 9:43 p.m.

I could never decide if I like the vanilla Sonic 3 mini-boss music with the "come on!" or the more intense Sonic 3 & Knuckles one.
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 20, 2010 9:40 p.m.

This takes me back all the way to Talkradar 57 and 58, the Sonic and Micheal Jackson podcasts. Great music, and even greater when it's discussed by my favorite podcast personalities. That "Stranger in Moscow"/"Credits" mix is especially awesome. I love both songs, and their combination is almost too much. Also, I just noticed Sonic (and Tails) have 5 fingers per hand. I've always assumed all cartoon characters had 4 or less.
  • BodyDamage - December 20, 2010 9:37 p.m.

just listened to this entire soundtrack the other day while doing a paper. its one of my favorites.
  • KrEid - December 20, 2010 9:18 p.m.

'bout time this was up :D