Topics

Fable

We Recommend

• FierceDeity - May 18, 2012 3:06 a.m.

Fable 1 and lost chapters were the best, they should bring back the humour and magic etc.
  • nemesisuprising - May 18, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Jack of blades...I mish youz T_T
  • shawksta - May 18, 2012 2:30 p.m.

I played all three games,it seems that fable 2 did the best with exploration.One thing that i hated fable 3 was that there is barely any weapons.The main thing that fable 1 had better was magic and being able to be stealthy.
  • El_Chiwawa_Loco - May 18, 2012 8:25 p.m.

Fable 3 was my first experience with the Fable series, and it'll definitely be my last. Though it did have some good moments, and was a legitamitely funny game, the experience just burned me out. The combat became tedious after the first couple battles (roll around and jam on the X, B, or Y button for ten hours) and there was really no reason to explore or collect. But what really gets me mad is it's story. Not because it has a bad story (C- at best), but because it could have been amazing if they had gone all out on the part of it that takes place after the revolution. Seriously, the story they had touched on a great theme: in the first part you go around the land making promises full of sunshine and rainbows (or something) to get people on your side for a war. And then the second half come along (where you become the ruler) and your forced to question yourself and decide whether or not to keep your promises, or break them for what seems like the greater good. Thats a great idea! And if they had just expanded on it (especially the second half) it could have been a wonderful A+ story that would have made up for all the games problems.
  • El_Chiwawa_Loco - May 18, 2012 8:28 p.m.

Sorry for bitching so much about Fable 3 (I don't blame you if you actually did like it). It just it makes me so much more mad to buy a bad game that COULD have been great then to buy a regular bad game.
  • MrClimatize - May 18, 2012 8:43 p.m.

I think that Fable needs to go back to what it was in the first game. The decisions you made didnt completely screw up the game no matter what you chose (remember 3? you had an optionof killing everyone and getting money or being poor and having a crappy city while everyone hated you? what was that?). and we need skills that you can upgrade instead of having to charge them. along with MORE skills! and actual armor would be nice too. again, like Fable 1 one story line thing that i really want is to go back to before jack of blades, to the time of the Heros. bring back the guild, all those people with the same skills you had, it was a much better world. oh and the world in fable 1 was much more dynamic. there were many more biomes/terrains/cities call it what you will. but anyway i just think they should go back to the simplicity and slight ridiculousness of Fable 1. nothing is better than that
  • Tulkastaldo - May 19, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Just take the evolving weapons from 3, the emotional wrenching and perfect humor level of fable 2, and everything else from 1 except the ridiculously hard to use bows, but add in randomly generated worlds and thousands of weapons and armor pieces and make the greatest ARPG of all time, complete with black and white/ fable character morphing for good and evil choices except for choices of how you morph: whether you want horns or vampire teeth, a halo or one of those crazy extra limbs like a Hindu diety, with killer perks according to the morph you choose. Set it before the fall of the Empire, call it Fable:Song of Blades or something and give it a Celtic/ancient Brythonic feel except with a super advanced atlantean feel. That is what I want to see but I don't ble fable1 purists because the endings of the other two made me vomit puddly angry.
  • Justtopost - July 12, 2012 7:14 a.m.

Holy shit you said it. Thank you so much. I hope lionhead reads this right here.
  • RadgarLaser2 - May 19, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Here we go again. Fable has not gotten better at all. Talk about tedious and linear. It makes Final Fantasy X13 and 13-2 look like masterpieces. All I did was mash buttons, talk/dance/sing to the same people over and over, and pray that the game doesn't freeze.
  • zombi3grim - May 19, 2012 10:09 p.m.

I think people just need to stop expecting so much from the series. Just play it for what it is instead of picking at it the whole time your playing it. You can do that with any game and it'll ruin the entire experience. I had fun with all the Fable games. Because I didnt go in expecting a fucking Final Fantasy experience. I just played it.
  • samsneeze - May 20, 2012 2:41 p.m.

No one expects much from the series, they just want it to be good again. Which wouldn't be hard to do if they just went back to the basics of the first game. How is it that someone is picking a game, simply because they didn't like? Or rather, because they want their money's worth? I think it's fair to judge games in how they present themselves and not just accept any shit thrown at us from the developers. I agree that you can pick apart any game and sort all of it flaws to ruin the experience, but if the game is genuinely fun, that doesn't matter or the Fable III was not a fun game. This is where the problem is for most people who played. Nobody Final Fantasy from the series. Heck, I don't think people want Final Fantasy anymore.(I stopped caring after VI) They just want a fun game with all of its unique features back in place without the abysmal sanctuary menu system.
  • zombi3grim - May 24, 2012 6:32 a.m.

But see, thats the thing. "Good" is very subjective. "Good" for you isnt the same for everyone else. Fable 3 is "good" to me. I also have friends who think its "good." Also, how do you speak for "most people?" You think opinions on the internet are "most people?" No. "Most people" dont get on the internet and bitch about the game they just spent 35 - 40 hours playing. "Most people" just play it and enjoy it for what it is.
  • james-hall - June 7, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Damn, the only thing you've succeeded at doing is contradicting yourself. You bash samsneeze for the exact same thing that he done. So how exactly do you know that "most people" dont sit on the internet and bitch about a game and they just enjoy it for what it is? If you're too much of a fable nut hugger to admit it is going down hill, then why in the hell even bother reading the article? Oh yeah, kinda ironic seeing how literally everyone commenting is basically saying the same thing samsneeze said. So stop bitching on the internet you damn hypocrite and go play your wonderful fable.
  • james-hall - June 7, 2012 11:19 a.m.

for the exact same thing YOU done******
  • zombi3grim - June 7, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Okay...you know, I could say alot about this. But since I posted this, hmmm what 2 fucking weeks ago, I kinda dont give a shit anymore.
  • Shjonzo - May 20, 2012 1:40 p.m.

I think instead of trying to be innovative they should focus on making a good game
  • juicemixes - May 21, 2012 10:17 p.m.

Someone should definitely send this to Lionhead ASAP.
  • samantha-herman - June 5, 2012 3:10 p.m.

I don't think Peter Molyneux should depart from Fable. He was the mastermind behind the only Fable in the series we the fans liked, Fable 1/TLC. He needs to listen to what us fans want. If he did Fable might still have a chance.
  • pajamagirl93 - June 20, 2012 1:21 a.m.

I dislike most of the stuff mentioned in this article. First of all, I love my dog! I always make such a strong bond with him. I also like the current fighting style. If they make all of these changes, I think it won't be as much fun.
  • Zenwind4 - July 2, 2012 2:07 a.m.

honestly fable isn't shouldnt be following a strict time line that is similar to ours i mean this is albion not Earth i think what would be cool is if they set a prequel to number one for number 4 also it would be nice since theresa is humpin the walls in her lil tower she makes a wish to give much people the abilities of heroes to many people and many get corrupt with that power so the main character ends up either joining them in corruption or saving the day or doing something else it doesnt always have to come down to morality and for GOD SAKES MAKE THE BOSS BATTLES DIFFICULT when i fight bosses in fable its like as easy as eating a sandwhich with NO spicy mustard o and the dog was nice in fable 2 but was pretty annoying in three we dont have to have a pet