Topics

Fable

• MrClimatize - May 18, 2012 8:43 p.m.

I think that Fable needs to go back to what it was in the first game. The decisions you made didnt completely screw up the game no matter what you chose (remember 3? you had an optionof killing everyone and getting money or being poor and having a crappy city while everyone hated you? what was that?). and we need skills that you can upgrade instead of having to charge them. along with MORE skills! and actual armor would be nice too. again, like Fable 1 one story line thing that i really want is to go back to before jack of blades, to the time of the Heros. bring back the guild, all those people with the same skills you had, it was a much better world. oh and the world in fable 1 was much more dynamic. there were many more biomes/terrains/cities call it what you will. but anyway i just think they should go back to the simplicity and slight ridiculousness of Fable 1. nothing is better than that
  • Tulkastaldo - May 19, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Just take the evolving weapons from 3, the emotional wrenching and perfect humor level of fable 2, and everything else from 1 except the ridiculously hard to use bows, but add in randomly generated worlds and thousands of weapons and armor pieces and make the greatest ARPG of all time, complete with black and white/ fable character morphing for good and evil choices except for choices of how you morph: whether you want horns or vampire teeth, a halo or one of those crazy extra limbs like a Hindu diety, with killer perks according to the morph you choose. Set it before the fall of the Empire, call it Fable:Song of Blades or something and give it a Celtic/ancient Brythonic feel except with a super advanced atlantean feel. That is what I want to see but I don't ble fable1 purists because the endings of the other two made me vomit puddly angry.
  • Justtopost - July 12, 2012 7:14 a.m.

Holy shit you said it. Thank you so much. I hope lionhead reads this right here.
  • RadgarLaser2 - May 19, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Here we go again. Fable has not gotten better at all. Talk about tedious and linear. It makes Final Fantasy X13 and 13-2 look like masterpieces. All I did was mash buttons, talk/dance/sing to the same people over and over, and pray that the game doesn't freeze.
  • zombi3grim - May 19, 2012 10:09 p.m.

I think people just need to stop expecting so much from the series. Just play it for what it is instead of picking at it the whole time your playing it. You can do that with any game and it'll ruin the entire experience. I had fun with all the Fable games. Because I didnt go in expecting a fucking Final Fantasy experience. I just played it.
  • samsneeze - May 20, 2012 2:41 p.m.

No one expects much from the series, they just want it to be good again. Which wouldn't be hard to do if they just went back to the basics of the first game. How is it that someone is picking a game, simply because they didn't like? Or rather, because they want their money's worth? I think it's fair to judge games in how they present themselves and not just accept any shit thrown at us from the developers. I agree that you can pick apart any game and sort all of it flaws to ruin the experience, but if the game is genuinely fun, that doesn't matter or the Fable III was not a fun game. This is where the problem is for most people who played. Nobody Final Fantasy from the series. Heck, I don't think people want Final Fantasy anymore.(I stopped caring after VI) They just want a fun game with all of its unique features back in place without the abysmal sanctuary menu system.
  • zombi3grim - May 24, 2012 6:32 a.m.

But see, thats the thing. "Good" is very subjective. "Good" for you isnt the same for everyone else. Fable 3 is "good" to me. I also have friends who think its "good." Also, how do you speak for "most people?" You think opinions on the internet are "most people?" No. "Most people" dont get on the internet and bitch about the game they just spent 35 - 40 hours playing. "Most people" just play it and enjoy it for what it is.
  • james-hall - June 7, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Damn, the only thing you've succeeded at doing is contradicting yourself. You bash samsneeze for the exact same thing that he done. So how exactly do you know that "most people" dont sit on the internet and bitch about a game and they just enjoy it for what it is? If you're too much of a fable nut hugger to admit it is going down hill, then why in the hell even bother reading the article? Oh yeah, kinda ironic seeing how literally everyone commenting is basically saying the same thing samsneeze said. So stop bitching on the internet you damn hypocrite and go play your wonderful fable.
  • james-hall - June 7, 2012 11:19 a.m.

for the exact same thing YOU done******
  • zombi3grim - June 7, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Okay...you know, I could say alot about this. But since I posted this, hmmm what 2 fucking weeks ago, I kinda dont give a shit anymore.
  • Shjonzo - May 20, 2012 1:40 p.m.

I think instead of trying to be innovative they should focus on making a good game
  • juicemixes - May 21, 2012 10:17 p.m.

Someone should definitely send this to Lionhead ASAP.
  • samantha-herman - June 5, 2012 3:10 p.m.

I don't think Peter Molyneux should depart from Fable. He was the mastermind behind the only Fable in the series we the fans liked, Fable 1/TLC. He needs to listen to what us fans want. If he did Fable might still have a chance.
  • pajamagirl93 - June 20, 2012 1:21 a.m.

I dislike most of the stuff mentioned in this article. First of all, I love my dog! I always make such a strong bond with him. I also like the current fighting style. If they make all of these changes, I think it won't be as much fun.
  • Zenwind4 - July 2, 2012 2:07 a.m.

honestly fable isn't shouldnt be following a strict time line that is similar to ours i mean this is albion not Earth i think what would be cool is if they set a prequel to number one for number 4 also it would be nice since theresa is humpin the walls in her lil tower she makes a wish to give much people the abilities of heroes to many people and many get corrupt with that power so the main character ends up either joining them in corruption or saving the day or doing something else it doesnt always have to come down to morality and for GOD SAKES MAKE THE BOSS BATTLES DIFFICULT when i fight bosses in fable its like as easy as eating a sandwhich with NO spicy mustard o and the dog was nice in fable 2 but was pretty annoying in three we dont have to have a pet
  • xBlackJack219x - July 13, 2012 10:22 p.m.

I think there are a lot of good ideas and opinions being expressed in this discussion, and I would like to express my own. I would like to see old stories and lore brought to life with improved graphics and systems. Old characters who we have seen before or heard of; Scythe, Briar Rose, Weaver,etc. have been out of the games and replaced with new supporting characters. While I enjoy the new ones, I equally enjoyed the old who are not lost to us as we all know that no one in Fable can never really stay dead forever. Jack of blades came back several times and Theresa is still alive and well. Ghosts and zombies have been featured in every game, maybe its time they took a larger role in the series as supporting characters and mix with the new ones so we don't have to exclude either. For instance, wouldn't it be great to have the witty and narsisistic Reaver mingle with the level headed and mentor like personality of the Guildmaster?
  • RosscoGameFace - July 23, 2012 2:39 a.m.

I think they should abandon this whole industrial revolution they're going for and take it back to the older days of Fable, making it more fantasy again. I also want to see a return of the Heroes Guild and magical stuff, assassins and legendary monsters to fight. Also more character customisation is a must one element to it I think would be really cool is; take all the trophies you get from bosses, quest etc and adapt them to your look. For example, if you killed some kind of monster boss and got it's skull for a trophy, you could mount it on a shoulderpad or something. Maybe if you got a dragons tooth or something similar you could hang it on a chain from the handle of your weapon. Or even if you got something like Dash's goggles you could wear them yourself or again mount them on your armour somewhere. Also I want to be able to start my own factions and take over territories as my own. I always wanted to go rogue in Fable 1 and start my own bandit gang and take over Twinblades camp, recruiting any of his old members I left alive. I think having this ability would be amazing and add a new level of depth and narrative to the series. In addition to the trophies and mounting them at home, and hopefully armour and weapons etc, I would also like to display them publicly. If I just finished a quest where a bandit was raiding a town, I want to put his head on a pike just outside, or hang whatever trophy you get from him in the town square. Just killed a Jack Of Blades style menace who threatened the very planet? Hang his body from the castle balcony to the cheering of the crowds. (A bit morbid perhaps but cool all the same.) I would also like to see proper weapon and armour creation and enchanting. I want broken down parts and elements I can put together to make my own looks and weapons, for example various hilts, pommels, blades etc to put together as I want to make whatever I feel like. For armour different materials, parts, patches etc and add chains, spikes, hoods, glowing sigils or just whatever takes your fancy. All these things and more please!
  • djbeast - July 31, 2012 10:08 a.m.

THESE ARE IMPORTANT THINGS THAT NEED TO BE IN FABLE 4 IN ORDER TO SUCCEED. 1.Make a minimap like fable 1. 2.add fishing. 3.add more shops and minigames and character customization. 4.Have really fun co op (i would like to explore the game with friends i would suggest up to 4 players online and offline) 5.If guns are included level them out similar or lower than melee weapons. 6.Make it a fun open world with a lot of quests. 7.Have a inventory like fable 1 not a sancuary. (sanctuaries are too complicated) 8.Have lots of cool weapons for different styles of gameplay like run and gun or stealth ect. 9.A guild must be in the game. 10.Big storyline that is fun to play but also keep it to where you dont have to do the main quests and can instead choose to roam around and play freely. 11.Make a pet shop so that players can choose a pet. (make it to where you can customize the pet for attacking or digging holes ect.) 12.Make it original and also new.But dont go to big or it will go downhill again.I suggest that Lionhead tells the players what they suggest to be in the game and see what the players like.
  • peter-fraser-bodenham - August 8, 2012 12:28 p.m.

I dont mind some changes and some added things, but there are two things I do not care for what so ever. 1) Turn based fighting- it's just awful and boring 2) on-line co-op- hate how much effort is being put in to this these days. I don't mind playing with friends you actually know in real life, but playing with people you dont know is just stupid. What happened to gaming being a personal experience, getting lost in your own adventure. Sadly these days, single game quality is suffering massively in favour of online multiplayer rubbish. If it continues down this path, it will be the death of actual decent games.
  • rob-berenato - August 15, 2012 5:10 p.m.

BRING BACK THE BOWS, BRING BACK THE BOWS, BOWSSSS