We Recommend

• Millikin - August 28, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Medieval II: Total War taught me oh so much geography.
  • rob619 - August 28, 2012 2:10 p.m.

Great article, I really think gaming is under rated. People seem to think it is a "sad" thing to do. However some games require a lot of skill and logical thinking with alot of trail and error involved to progress forward. Which when applied can be used in daily "real world" life.
  • CUFCfan616 - August 28, 2012 2:07 p.m.

I would've chosen history to be either a Total War game or Civilization (I know you've used Civ for diplomacy). On another note, San Andreas for the effects of diet and exercise?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - August 28, 2012 12:54 p.m.

I got a Jeopardy question right once because of Assassin's Creed II. It was a painting and the question was what the city was in the background. It was Venice, the buildings looked exactly like they did in AC. Also, how is sabotage a life skill? lol
  • shawksta - August 28, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Great list, Layton Should be there for Various Puzzle solving and mind fucks but every new game make us mind fucked anyway. I went back to college Yesterday!
  • DarthPunk - August 28, 2012 12:36 p.m.

I genuinely learnt a fair amount about japanese mythology from Okami and the Shin Megami Tensei games
  • Tyrande - August 28, 2012 2:42 p.m.

me too!!
  • ObliqueZombie - August 28, 2012 11:58 a.m.

Hehe, I laughed at the "History?" remark with Assassin's Creed. Also, you could add Parenting, and maybe add a photo of Halo, or Call of Duty, or Battlefield. Seriously, they shouldn't be playing those games.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - August 28, 2012 11:49 a.m.

I demand comments so that I may update this article with your rad suggestions
  • Cyberninja - August 28, 2012 1:19 p.m.

Navigation from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
  • shadowshaq - August 28, 2012 11:08 a.m.

why is there a picture of I want to be the guy for super meat boy?
  • GR_LucasSullivan - August 28, 2012 11:15 a.m.

It was actually a shot of a hidden level from SMB - but the slide's been changed to accommodate those who might not recognize it :)
  • birdro - August 28, 2012 11:15 a.m.

Actually kind of a trick going on there, that's the bonus world you play in super meat boy to unlock the kid as a character. Not super intuitive using it as the image but it was probably the hardest bonus world in the the spirit of iwtbtg so fitting i guess.