• BladedFalcon - January 23, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Lost interest immediately upon reading "online action shooter".
  • Fiirestorm21 - January 23, 2012 5:35 p.m.

Cue predictable developer response: "But this one's different and better! Really! This is going to make everyone play our game instead of the big heavy-hitters for longer than two weeks, we swear!" Sane developers are becoming more and more rare. It's like Ken Levine said, unless you have something deeply and truly profound and new to bring to the genre, shove it and focus on single player. Even Santa Monica studios are going multiplayer with the next God of War, if the ever-persistent rumors are to be believed. I'll hold off on completely dismissing it until I see it -- they do have a decent pedigree after all -- but damn, you're right, how they have killed my interest.
  • BladedFalcon - January 23, 2012 6:45 p.m.

well, I simply just don't like or play multiplayer or online, period XD So anything focused or relying too much on it will naturally hold no interest on me. EVEN if it did bring new things on the table, or was made by a good studio. And it's not because I don't give online a chance. I have, several times, and with great games like L4D, but it's just not for me I guess.
  • RipgutReaper - January 23, 2012 9:53 p.m.

I know how you feel, multiplayer got old a long time ago for me. I liked the original Halo at an occasional LAN party but that was it. Single player is where it's at. Not to mention if you're not an avid multiplayer person you will get destroyed moret han half the time when you decide you wajnt to play a match or two for fun. Most people who play online do it religiously to where it isn't fun unless you play it all the time. I refuse to play just one game all the time.
  • RipgutReaper - January 23, 2012 9:55 p.m.

Sorry for the occasional typo. Anyways, I am excited to see what this is just because I absolutely love Dead Space.
  • elppa284 - January 23, 2012 4:02 p.m.

a "bold new franchise". Hmmm *reads on* .........a "thrilling online action shooter game"? That's bold??? Isn't battlefield 3 or COD a "thrilling online action shooter" games? What? How is that bold!? I must have missed something here :/
  • Kuro - January 23, 2012 3:43 p.m.

Hey, I'm game. Almost done with Dead Space 2 and I like it. :D Also enjoyed Dante's Inferno. I'll try anything a developing team with an enjoyable track-record makes until they give me reason to search elsewhere for games.