Marvel debating a standalone Hulk movie, Colin Trevorrow hints at Jurassic World ’s first dinosaur, Scooby-Doo reboot in the works and much more!
• We finally have a sneak peek of what the dinosaurs in Jurassic World will look like! Well, sort of. Director Colin Trevorrow posted a teasing image to Twitter , which features the shadow of a huge pair of jaws filled with very sharp teeth. Given last week’s pictures of Chris Pratt and the other human stars, we’re hoping it now won’t be long till we see what the dinosaurs really look like.
• Mark Ruffalo says Marvel Studios is debating a Hulk standalone adventure . After the The Incredible Hulk didn’t live up to expectations, star Edward Norton was jettisoned and Ruffalo was brought in to play the green smasher in Avengers Assemble . But given Ruffalo’s popularity in the role, we’re cautiously optimistic that he might get a movie all to himself – even if there’s currently “not even a skeletal version of what it would be”.
• It looks like Jared Leto is set to take over the Brilliance lead role that Will Smith recently vacated. The film is based on the Marcus Sakey novel, and set in a world where people with superpowers are called “brilliants”, focusing on a federal agent tasked with bringing down a brilliant terrorist. Noomi Rapace is slated to play the female lead, and Julius Onah will direct.
• Seth Green ( Robot Chicken , Buffy The Vampire Slayer ) has joined the cast of Nickelodeon’s CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. He’ll be taking over the voice of Leonardo from Jason Biggs from the third season, set to air this autumn in the US. The network has also renewed the series for a fourth season starting 2015.
• Warner Bros are rebooting Scooby-Doo , starting again from scratch for a new live action film. Original producer Charles Roven is attached, and Randall Green is writing the new mystery, but that’s all we know. Presumably Scooby’s going to be recreated in CGI rather than played by a real Great Dane again, and it’ll be interesting to see how far special effects have come in the decade since the 2002 outing and its 2004 sequel.
• The first trailer for Video Games: The Movie has been released. It’s a documentary that takes an inside look at the story of the video games industry, and how it developed from 8-bit arcade games into the franchise-dominated industry it is today. There’s interviews with everyone from video games designers to celebrity gamers, as well as considerations of what the future of gaming is going to look like. It’ll be out in the States in July, as well as being available via video-on-demand services.