Ain’t It Cool News extracts lots of new info out of producer Bryan Singer
Ain’t It Cool News has revealed lots of new info about X-Men: First Class , thanks to an informal phone call from producer Bryan Singer who, apparently, “wanted to clarify some of what it is they're doing” before the film starts shooting later this month.
- The film is set in the early ’60s
- Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr will be in their late twenties
- Xavier does no start the film in a wheel chair; we will witness how he becomes wheelchair-bound during the course of the film
- Xavier will not be bald
- This is not the conventional First Class comic - but rather a new beginning for X-Men .
- The costumes will be far more comic bookish
- Cyclops and Jean Grey are not in the film, but Cyclops’ brother Alex Summers, Havoc, will be (played by Lucas Till)
- The film will feature The Hellfire Club
- Filming will begin with Xavier at Oxford University in the ’60s
- The film is going to have a much more international feel than the prior X-Men movies