Twitter loves SGU , more Neveldine/Taylor lunacy and news of some welcome returning characters to Torchwood in this week’s [belated] tweets
Short of possessing a TARDIS/crystal ball, Twitter is about as good as it gets if it’s breaking news you’re after. In fact when news broke last night that Syfy had chosen to cancel Stargate Universe it seems the internet knew before the cast and crew if this tweet from one of the show’s leads David Blue (Eli) is anything to go by:
- @ DavidBlue Crap. Just heard the news as well. Apparently, nobody decided to tell us ahead of time. My rep heard it online. Seems they cancelled #SGU
Despicable behaviour if true so in honour of SGU and a franchise which hasn’t been off air for more than a decade here’s how the Twitterverse reacted to the news:
- @ LouDPhillips Much Love & Many Thanks to #SGU faithful! So grateful for your appreciation of the show and all who worked so hard on it. C U down the road!
- @ dhewlett I thought the DMV was about as bad as it was going to get for me today...but I return to find out SyFy cancelled SGU!?
- @ cpbinder Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. And to the cast and crew of #SGU , thanks for making this the best job I've ever had.
- @ Juliemcniven Sadly #SGU has been canceled. I had such a wonderful time working on the show and wish everyone the best:)
- @ colinferg SGU was a great show and was filled with talented people. They will be missed. We had a nice little family going on up there...
- @ allisonscag Many condolences to @ DavidBlue and the whole #SGU family. That news is never easy to take.
- @ DavidBlue It was an honor to work with one of the most talented casts in my experience, & the hardest working & loving crew. Thank you all. #SGU
- @ sasharoiz @ DavidBlue I'm sorry my friend. Come to my support group - CapriGate.
The SFX Twitter Stream
@ mrmarkmillar Man, I wish all you Smallville fans had one neck and I had my hands around it :) .
@ neveldinetaylor NIC CAGE JUST KILLED A HUMAN BEING USING ONLY HIS EYEBALLS .
@ JewelStaite Went out with Morena last night. Couldn't figure out why people kept giving her the peace sign and saying, "Don't eat me"
@ simonpegg I am basically Fox's go to guy for rodents. Mice, weasels, if you need something small, furry, impulsive and heroic, call me on 555-RATBOY.
@ pricetom doing a little bit of Torching Wood in America next year. Already trying out my Welsh/LA accent.... The PC Andy spinoff is still in the pipeline. It's a very long pipeline.
@ KaiKaiOwen In about one month from today I'm gonna be putting on my 'Rhys' costume once more!! .
@ steven_moffat I have an 11th Doctor action figure WITH A FEZ!!!!! .
@ daraobriain A million thank you's for kind words about Live at the Apollo tonight. Yes! metal Gear Solid jokes on BBC One! Take that, Panorama!
@ DAVID_A_SLADE How do you know Twi isn't my cup of tea? I actually got completely lost in the historical backstories of Eclipse... and suggested directing an R Rated film based on "The Short 2nd Life Of Bree Tanner" to Stephenie Meyer.
@ grumpygamer Dear TV/Movie industry: The only thing I ever want rebooted is my computer. .
@ ADaniels3PO Why didn't they ask me to model the C-3PO swimwear, rather than a rather attractive brunette? Look on the web and decide.