It's the first Monday in June, and here's today's news digest: Guardians Of The Galaxy , Game Of Thrones , Starship Troopers , Doctor Who and more!
• Alas, Marvel won't make a one-shot short film for Captain America: The Winter Soldier 's Blu-ray release, according to EW . The studio has put a hold on its popular series of short films, and won’t be including one next time. "Executives there have told EW in the past that they might bring a temporary halt to the one-shots if they didn’t have a strong story idea or their full focus was needed on the feature film pipeline."(opens in new tab)
• In case you missed it: it was announced this weekend that Josh Brolin will voice Thanos in Guardians Of The Galaxy .
• There's been more chatter about remaking Starship Troopers . Megan Ellison (currently working on the Terminator reboot) tweeted "Would you like to know more?" and when sent a picture of the 1997 film in reply, she responded with a simple "Yes" causing plenty of speculation about her next project.
• Actor Simon Armstrong, who plays Qhorin Halfhand in Game Of Thrones has been cast in US director Ayoub Qanir’s forthcoming project Artificio Conceal . It's the story of a man who awakens in an Interpol interrogation room to find his mind and memories have been hacked. For a view of Ayoub Qanir’s previous work visit: https://vimeo.com/ayoubqanir
• The next Friday The 13th Movie has been pushed back eight months to 13 November 2015.
• The brilliant "alternative" 50th Anniversary special for Doctor Who , The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot , will receive an official release on DVD , its co-star Colin Baker revealed at the convention Myth Makers.
• Remember that Wednesday 25 June will see the unveiling of our 250th issue and to celebrate there's a most bargainous subscription offer running online now...