Spooky happenings are afoot as Halloween is upon us, and Fortnite players can get involved by taking part in the ongoing Fortnitemares limited time event, with its own set of challenges to clear for ghoulish rewards. All 4 parts of the Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges have now been revealed, featuring at total of 18 challenges to beat for bonus XP and fresh customisation items to complete your haunted appearance. Read on, and we'll show you how to get through all of the Fortnitemares Challenges - but act fast, as they'll be going away sometime around Friday November 2.
- Fortnite Battle Pass Challenges - how to beat the weekly challenges
- Fortnite Tier 100 Challenges - how to complete the Dire challenges
- Fortnite Hunting Party Challenges - find the hidden stars and banners
Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges Part 4
Reward: Dark Engine glider
- Destroy Elite Cube Monsters (10)
- Damage Cube Fragments (2,500)
- Deal damage to Cube Monsters in a single match (1,000)
- Visit different Corrupted Areas in a single match (4)
- Destroy Cube Fragments (3)
- Complete Fortnitemares challenges (14)
Destroy Elite Cube Monsters
Elite Cube Monsters are brightly glowing versions of the regular monsters, which will spawn more frequently as matches progress. However, you should be able to find glowing purple Cube Fiends early on in games, meaning you can start working on taking down a total of 10 straight away.
Visit different Corrupted Areas in a single match
Getting to four different Fortnite Corrupted Areas in a single match can be a bit of a struggle, especially as they're now heavily populated by players trying to complete the Fortnitemare Challenges. We tried consuming a Shadow Stone at the first corrupted area then phasing as much as possible towards the next one, but still ran into difficulties with other players. The method that worked first time for us was grabbing one of the Fortnite Quadcrashers, then racing from one corrupted area to the next using as much rocket boost as possible.
Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges Part 3
Reward: Virulent Flames contrail
- Destroy Cube Brutes (25)
- Deal damage with Explosive Weapons to Cube Monsters (2,000)
- Search Chests in Corrupted Areas (7)
- Stage 1: Visit Wailing Woods (1)
- Stage 2: Visit Fatal Fields (1)
- Final Stage: Visit Haunted Hills (1)
Destroy Cube Brutes / Deal damage with Explosive Weapons to Cube Monsters
Cube Brutes are the bigger, lumbering monsters that spawn near Cube Fragments - they can soak up much more damage than the Fiends, so thankfully you only need to destroy 25 of them to beat this challenge. If you can find some grenades or rockets to blast them with, you'll soon rack up the required total for the explosive damage challenge as well.
Stage 1: Visit Wailing Woods
This is a nice simple challenge, which involves visiting Wailing Woods, Fatal Fields, then Haunted Hills in subsequent matches. We mention it here as, due to a glitch when it first launched, players originally received a huge number of Battle Stars instead of XP for completing the stages of this challenge. You might get excited when you see the Battle Star logo next to the second and final stages, but sadly this has now been patched so your only reward is XP.
Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges Part 2
Reward: Deadfire spray
- Destroy Cube Fiends (150)
- Deal damage with Shotguns or SMGs to Cube Monsters (5,000)
- Eliminate opponents at Corrupted Areas (3)
- Destroy a Ghost Decoration in different Named Locations (7)
Destroy Cube Fiends / Deal damage with Shotguns or SMGs to Cube Monsters
Cube Fiends are the more slender, faster monsters that spawn near Cube Fragments, and you need to destroy 150 of them for this challenge. Grab a shotgun or SMG to attack them with and you'll be working towards the other damage challenge too.
Destroy a Ghost Decoration in different Named Locations
You may have spotted some spooky ghost decorations hanging up in various places around the map, adding to the general Halloween ambience. These can be destroyed by shooting them, hitting them, blowing them up - however you choose! Ghost decorations can be found hanging in 14 different named locations, though you only have to destroy them in seven locations to complete this challenge. Find them here:
- Dusty Divot
- Fatal Fields
- Flush Factory
- Greasy Grove
- Lazy Links
- Lonely Lodge
- Lucky Landings
- Paradise Palms
- Pleasant Park
- Retail Row
- Risky Reels
- Salty Springs
- Snobby Shores
- Tilted Towers
Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges Part 1
Reward: Fiery emoticon
- Destroy Cube Monsters (200)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters (5,000)
- Visit a Corrupted Area in Different Matches (7)
- Dance in front of different Gargoyles (5)
Destroy Cube Monsters / Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters
With the Fortnitemares update, Large Cube Fragments now appear in the corrupted areas, with Small Cube Fragments randomly spawning through each match. Both of these fragments spawn Cube Fiends and Cube Brutes - AI enemies you can take down to earn a small amount of shield boost and a chance to drop loot. For these challenges you need to defeat 200 of the Cube Monsters, and if you use assault rifles and/or pistols then it won't take you long to rack up the 5,000 damage required.
Visit a Corrupted Area in Different Matches
By now you should be aware of where the Corrupted Areas are on the map, especially as the Fortnitemares update has accentuated them somewhat. Visit one of the seven corrupted areas to tick off this challenge for that match, and you can visit the same corrupted area in multiple different matches to get this one wrapped up.
Dance in front of different Gargoyles
Part 1 of the Fortnite Fortnitemares Challenges wraps up with a dancing challenge, which we all know and love by now. There are Fortnite Gargoyles hidden in various locations around the map, and when you get near one you'll hear the sound of a creepy music box playing - perform a dance emote in front of it to mark the statue off your list. We've found nine of them in total, though you only need to dance in front of five to complete the challenge:
- B2 - Haunted Hills Castle basement
- E3 - In the umbrella-shaped mine west of Lazy Links behind a wall and rocks
- I2 - Between Risky Reels and Wailing Woods at the circle of chairs
- G4 - Tomato Temple lower area to the west
- H6 - Retail Row inside Hey Boo! Halloween shop between some shelves
- J9 - On the cliffside of Paradise Palms, directly south of the Racetrack
- E6 - On the middle mountain east of Tilted Tower in a semicircle of rocks
- B6 - In the main hall in the Viking Village above Snobby Shores
- D9 - On the mountain north of Flush Factory between the triangle of trees
Looking for the best places to find loot? The check out our complete Fortnite chest locations guide for all the information you need.