The Division 2 is gearing up for its biggest free addition yet with Invasion - Battle for D.C., a three-part story that starts tomorrow, April 5. The new Tidal Basin Stronghold is the centerpiece of the incoming Title Update 2, but there's plenty more to dig into, including the addition of Heroic difficulty and a new Gear Score cap of 500. Later this month, we'll get the chance to take on The Division 2's first raid, Operation Dark Hours, so you can bet that there'll be plenty of preparations to make. These are all the big highlights in the Tidal Basin update, and we'll be sure to add the complete patch notes when they're posted on The Division 2's official forums.
Take on the Tidal Basin Stronghold
As the first Stronghold kicking off World Tier 5, Tidal Basin will be the toughest endgame challenge yet, as you fight your way across a Black Tusk outpost sitting on the water. This outdoor dungeon looks like it'll require tight coordination with your squad - and if you need to gear up for it, you should look for missions on the newly added Heroic difficulty, which doesn't have exclusive loot drops but will give better drops on average. You'll need to conquer the Tidal Basin in order to access three new gear sets - Hard Wired, Ongoing Directive, and True Patriot - with set bonuses that reward different playstyles.
Skill and Weapon Mods are getting reworked
Though the Tidal Basin update does add a new PvP map called Fort McNair, PvP balancing is scheduled for a later patch, as Title Update 2 focused on rebalancing PvE. Chief among those balance changes is a suite of adjustments to Skill Mods and Weapon Mods, in an effort to promote more build diversity. Skill Mods have been tweaked to line up with the Skill Power needed to unlock them, while most Weapon Mods are getting toned down but won't have drawbacks to counteract their benefits. The only way a Weapon Mod will have a negative effect is if it's offering a substantial positive compared to other mods available for that slot.
Apparel Event offers collectible cosmetics
From April 5 (as soon as the patch goes live) until May 2, The Division 2 will be hosting its first ever Apparel Event, with unique weapon skins and masks available in special event caches. You can get one of these caches for free simply by logging in before April 11, and Year 1 Pass holders will get three more as an added bonus. If you're all about making a fashion statement with your operative, these cosmetics will make you the envy of your fellow squadmates, so be sure to collect them while you can.
Below, we've outlined the latest patch notes in full:
- Rifles: Damage on the MK17 rifle reduced by 14%, also corrected this weapon not having a damage falloff over distance. LW M4 damage increased by 5%, RPM increased from 240 to 360. LVOA-C RPM increased from 240 to 380.
- Marksman Rifles: Model 700 damage reduced by 13%.
- Shotguns: AA12 damage increased by 16%.
- LMGs: MG5 damage increased by 12% and fixed reversed falloff, causing the weapon to do more damage over a longer range.
- Fixed a wrong long-range damage value for M4 (super 90) and P416. Previously, they could sometimes increase damage over longer ranges instead of the other way around.
- Updated initial accuracy on the Sig Sniper MCmillan T1. It should now be much more reliable to shoot as soon as it’s shouldered and the transition to scoped view is over.
- Reduced the amount of Critical Damage and Headshot Damage that can roll on Gear, including the amount on existing Gear. The actual values will differ depending on the level and quality of the gear it occurs on.
- A closer equivalence between required skill power and the bonuses granted. Changed the amount of skill power on gear to not increase exponentially with level, but instead more linearly. This results in most skill power values on gear being lower, but in accordance with the lowered requirements.
- Tweaked the ranges of bonuses to be within acceptable bounds where they had extreme values before due to scaling errors. Most notably radius and ammo/charges values.
- Players will see both the bonuses and the requirements of almost all skill mods change as a result of this overhaul. In end game, both Superior and High-End skill mods exist to cover the different needs of different builds. They can overlap in power, but High-End mods have a higher maximum roll potential.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Bombardier Drone to get destroyed while climbing up/down a ladder or rope.
- Improved feedback of Bombardier Drone crashing into obstacles during the bombing phase.
- Fixed an issue with Firefly payload sometimes failing to activate when reaching its target.
- Fixed an issue where Revive hive would not self-deploy if the agent was busy performing a different action such as using different skill when it triggered.
- Revamped the Sniper Turret version of the turret skill. It now will automatically target the hostile nearest to the players’ center-of-screen (the same method it uses to pick other turret targets) and will fire at that target when the button is pressed, without a lock-on order needed. If a player aims at a hostile, the sniper turret will attempt to match their aim, allowing precision shots using the sniper turret. An issue where the sniper turret wasn’t correctly getting bonus damage when hitting headshots has been fixed.
- Revamped the Chem launcher skill platform. Pressing the skill button will now equip the chem launcher similar to swapping to a weapon. The player can aim and shoot with normal weapon controls, as well as run with the skill and blindfire it. Quick deploy at the agents own position is still available for the repair version of the chem launcher, using the same controls as before. Unequipping the Chem launcher can be done using the skill button, the B (XBOX) / Circle (PS4) button or just using the weapon swap controls.
Loot and Rewards
- Control Point reward containers are giving the correct number of items for the corresponding Control Point's defense level. Defense level 4 now awards 5 items instead of 3.
- Reduced DZ XP gain from Landmarks in Dark Zones.
- Reduced the quality and power for items dropped in Propaganda Broadcast and one drop of Settlement Blockade activities to be more in line with other open world enemies and activities.
- Updated XP rewards for low-level player playing in World Tiers to scale with player level.
- Supply Drop activity loot container items now scale with every consecutive container you open. This includes lowering the reward of the first crate, but results in similar rewards for the activity as a whole.
- Added 5 Specialized Apparel Cache Keys, awarded with levels 2 – 4.
- As a thank you for playing, all players that played before April 4 get 5 Specialized Apparel Keys, regardless of their level.
- Faction Key loot drops from Bounties are now guaranteed and are displayed in the loot preview.
- Adjusted bounty credit rewards to use scaling values in World Tiers instead of flat values so if a lower level player is playing with a higher-level player, they will receive an amount of credits more appropriate for their level.
- Changed Skill Unlock rewards to be non-invaded only so that players who co-op with a higher-level friend to play invaded before playing on story won't receive the rewards.
- Added Apparel cache key fragments to the PvP reward caches.
- Adjusted the rewards for the street execution activity to give slightly lower quality/source level gear so the rewards are more in line with the difficulty of the activity.
- Reduced the quality and source level charts used for item drops from the living world activities settlement blockade and Propaganda broadcast to be more in line with other open world drops and the difficulty of the activities.
- Updated Collectibles set XP reward to scale with player level.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Drone Helicopter to not use the correct loot table.
- Increased Material cap for Standard and Specialized crafting materials to 400 (with all perks).
- Increased Material cap for High-End crafting materials to 50.
- Materials required for crafting weapon mods does not scale as aggressively and has much lower values in endgame.
- Removed a small increase on materials required for crafting weapon mods after upgrading the crafting bench quality.
- Changed the upgrade blueprints for exotic weapons Lullaby and Ruthless to not show up on the vendor until you are level 30.
- Increased the power for the wandering vendor so her inventory has a narrower Gear Score range closer to the top of the World Tier Gear Score Range.
- Set all exotic upgrade blueprints to award you the upgraded weapon on the max gear score of the current tier.
- Removed a tiny increase on materials required for crafting weapon mods after upgrading the crafting bench quality.
- Exotic weapons are now pre-equipped with lore text mods. These mods do not have stats and cannot be equipped elsewhere.
- Blind Justice - Modified the Buff that increases damage to your next shot now expires at end of combat and when out of combat
- First Blood - Updated Normalized MMR Talent First Blood Text to correctly explain that the first shot after reloading from empty is the enhanced bullet.
- Decreased damage of all NPC Automatic Shotguns
- Decreased damage of all NPC SMGs
- Staff in the Base of Operation will now shout at the player less frequently than before.
Main Missions difficulty
- World Bank – Invaded – Server Room: Increased the time which the Black Tusks needs to complete the download in the Server Room from 200 seconds to 250 seconds.
- Reduced the difficulty in the Server Room by setting the Enemy group composition to light, light, medium - Instead of medium, heavy, medium.
- DCD Headquarters: Mission level has been changed from 17 to 18.
- Roosevelt Island – Invaded – Quarantine Docks: Reduced the difficulty of the first wave of enemies encountered in the last beat of the mission by lowering the amount of Elite and Veteran enemies. Enemies in this part of the mission can only use mounted weapons if there are 2 players or more. This should make it less punishing for solo-players attempting this mission.
- Removed death of civilian squad as a failure condition for Control Point takeover. The Officer will now remain in downed state until players complete the takeover or wipe.
- Black Tusk presence has been increased in invaded Open World zones.
- New Ambusher NPCs now roam the streets of DC.
- Added a "Friends & Clan" option for Call for Backup that only shows calls from friends and clan members.
- Added a "Do Not Disturb" group privacy option that blocks all incoming invites.
- Added a Field of View slider
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be stuck in the Specialization tutorial
- Fixed an issue that could cause undesired appearance changes to agents after login in or using the barber.
- Players that have been permanently affected by an appearance change will unfortunately not be changed back with this fix. We want to apologize for any inconvenienced caused by this and we’re looking into options to allow players to fully customize their agent in the future, but we do not have a timeline for this feature.
- Fixed an issue where the Cluster Seeker Mine could split up more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the Defender Drone could have unlimited uptime.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from finishing the Unite cypher riddle.
- We're confident this is not bugged anymore.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Stronghold activation animation to always play when entering the Base of Operations.
- Fixed several instances of Audio logs not playing automatically when picked up.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players being unable to finish the Side Mission Worksite Community.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to update their crafting bench after reaching a new World Tier.
- Fixed an issue with NPCs sometimes not reacting properly to cooked grenades
- Fixed an issue with Hunters not always appropriately despawning if a player flees a combat space
- Fixed rare issue where NPCs could get stuck when attempting to melee a player in cover
- Fixed issue with the Explosive Seeker Mine occasionally failing to path to its target
- Fixed bug where players could fast travel to non-friendly Control Points
- Fixed bug that made encounters with friendly NPCs requesting resources too rare
- Fixed bug where underground enemies would come to the surface during the day
- Fixed an issue where players were able to obtain gear with a higher gear score than intended
- Any owned High-End items will be lowered to Gear Score 500.
- Any owned Superior items will be lowered to Gear Score 490.
- Clan caches no longer award items higher than the maximum loot Gear Score.
- Recalibration still allows Gear Score to increase slightly past the maximum loot Gear Score.
- Fixed a bunch of weird stairs and invisible walls.
Division 2 tips | Best Division 2 skills | Best Division 2 perks | Division 2 Hyena Key locations | Division 2 Dark Zone Keys | How to level up fast in The Division 2 | Division 2 masks | Division 2 Ivory Keys | Division 2 Dark Zone guide | How to unlock the Dark Zone in The Division 2 | Division 2 crafting guide | Division 2 specializations | How to unlock specializations in The Division 2 | Division 2 dyes | Division 2 mods | Division 2 map | Division 2 printer filament | Division 2 bounties | Division 2 builds | Division 2 Snitch Cards | Division 2 hidden side missions | Division 2 Exotics | Division 2 endgame