Meatballs were clearly to America's taste this weekend as CG 'toon Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs stayed at the top of the box office with $24.6 million.
That meant that new arrivals Surrogates had to make do with second place and $15 million, while fellow fresh face (well, remake) Fame launched in third with $10 million.
Steven Soderbergh's The Informant! meanwhile, slipped down to fourth place, making $6.9 million in its second week, and Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself dropped to fifth with $4.7 million.
One other new film - sci-fi horror thriller Pandorum - could only manage to arrive in sixth place, making $4.4 million.
The full top 10:
- Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs ($24.6 million)
- Surrogates ($15 million)
- Fame ($10 million)
- The Informant! ($6.9 million)
- Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself ($4.7 million)
- Pandorum ($4.4 million)
- Love Happens ($4.3 million)
- Jennifer's Body ($3.5 million)
- 9 (2.8 million)
- Inglourious Basterds ($2.7 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo]