Ninja Gaiden II FAQs
Ninja Gaiden II Hints
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Dylan BoismierArchfiend Boss Part One
chapter 14 last boss pt 1
On the walkthrough it says just to shoot the arch fiend in the head however if you shoot him in the head the orb in his stomach will glow. Once the orb is glowing shoot it and it will take a huge chunk of his life as too the tiny amount that is taken by shooting him in the head. You still have to charge the arrows twice though.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by TVC613Easy Money
Chapter 9- In the tunnels before and during the worm boss.
In these tunnels, there are a ton of small crab-like monsters. Using the kusari-gama, try to get large combos on a single one or groups. With a one hundred hit combo, you should be able to get at least 3500 points, depending on how many you kill with the combo.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by xXToothPasteXxEasy 100 Hit Combo
This 100 Hit Combo is so easy all you have to do is have the Gatling gun with you, in Chapter 10 when you get to the pond where all these stupid big red fish are go over to the dead body, and you'll see what's next to that dead body. Jump in now: they cannot get you, but you can get them. Equip your Gatling gun and start shooting away, if done right you could get a 100 Hit Combo.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by HaZeEasy Way To Get 100 Slash Achievement
Chapter 6: Before Skull Boss (The Giant Mound of Bones)
When you enter the room where there is a giant mound of bones, start to walk around and a bunch of little bone-scorpion fiends should pop up. At this time equip normal suriken. Keep running around, jumping and throwing the shuriken. Keep this up and, in no time, you'll have a 100+ combo!
Xbox 360 | Submitted by SkidGenshin Strategy
When battling Genshin use the Lunar Staff. Keep blocking with "LT" and when he finishes is attacking, counter attack with "Y". Keep doing that and you will kill him, it will take a couple of minutes. But if you don't want it to take long, upgrade the Lunar Staff to level 2 at the shop, that way when you counter attack it will do more damage. One more thing... if you start jumping he'll kill you!
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Chaos93Quick way to kill the 2 dragon bosses in chapter 9
When you come to the mountain peak in chapter 9, Elizabeth sends 2 dragons afer you to fight you. You can take these annoying bosses down in 2 shots each in a very simple way. if you haven't done it already, level the shadow of the piercing void move to the max level. When one of the bosses goes to charge up a fire ball simply use the move and manualy aim at its chest. This will take a little more than half it's health away. Make sure to have healing items ready because a lot of the time you will get hit by the fire ball when you are done using the Ninpo spell. Simply repeat this and you just took down one of the most annoying bosses in the game.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by ITS ME HORGiant Skull
OK, for all those who collected all the skulls on a run through, at the beginning of chapter 13, there will be chambers where you fight multiple monsters. In the last chamber, with the centaurs will be a Giant Crystal Skull. Don't grab it! It increases the difficulty by increasing the amount of damage done by foes, and it cannot be erased.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by beet it in a dayEarn More Yellow Essence
Well some of you may not know this, but using ultimate technique gives you WAY more essences for each enemy you kill.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by VampireHordeManual Save
The game allows you to make automatic or manual saves. In order to
makes manual saves (in case you have a favorite chapter or boss), you
MUST choose it in the OPTIONS MENU. Once that option is chosen, you can
then manually choose a slot to save by accessing the Save Statue TWICE.
Access the statue to replenish health and then access it again to bring
up the Manual Save menu. Trust me, it took awhile to figure that out.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Marc PollittTrouble Defeating Volf?
Volf's attacks inflict major damage and can kill you off fairly quickly. Unless you know what you're doing, Volf can seem as hard as coffin nails.
With the right strategy Volf is one of the easiest bosses in the game. All you need to do is use the flying swallow technique (jump toward enemy and press "strong attack" usually the Y button. You must also have the Dragon Sword equipped)
By using this method you can dispatch Volf in less than 30 seconds and because he's fairly cumbersome, most of his attacks will miss you. He's pushing up daisies so fast you kinda keel a bit sorry for him.
Don't forget to pick up his scythe for the following multi werewolf onslaught which follows
Xbox 360 | Submitted by xS1LENTSC0PExEasy Unlimited Yellow Orbs
Ch 6 after Bone Boss
In Ch 6 after you kill the Bone King mini-boss, u have to climb through a cave. On the way up you will kill a bunch of monsters. When you get to the top you will have to ninja jump up a well to get out. Except don't do that. Just jump down the pit back to the bottom and go up again, the little bone scorpions will respawn every time you go up, fight the monsters, and jump back down. I got about 2k yellow essence on every run on acolyte. And you can get even more if you use obliterations, and Ultimate Technique. This also works towards your achievements for getting killing 1,000 enemies with obliterations and UT.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Marc PollittExtra Health Boosts
This may be quite an obvious one to some of you. Whenever you find a Life of a Thousand Gods, its quite tempting to use it right away to boost your overall health as soon as possible.
The best time to use it is when you are really low on health as it not only increases your health bar but also replenishes it completely! Very useful when fighting bosses or doing the Tests of Valor. Will also save you loads of money at the shop as you wont have to buy as many Grains of Spiritual Life.
This tactic can also be employed if you have found eight Life of the Gods. When you find the ninth one (i.e the one that will increase your life bar) refrain from using it til you really need to replenish your health
Xbox 360 | Submitted by swimmercga25Easier Way To Get 100 Slash Achievement
Chapter 6: After Giant Skeleton Boss Battle
After you defeat the boss, you have to run uphill through the caves. Eventually you'll come up to a gap where you have to wall jump to get to the other side. If you don't jump across, you'll see two skeleton scorpions that don't come over to where you are. Just switch to your throwing stars, and it takes about 80 hits to kill just one scorpion, and they don't have any throwing weapons so they can't hurt you.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by yoshileefluffCrystal Skull Locations
The Crystal Skulls are found at the following locations:
1. After getting the Fire Ninpo, you will come outside to a ledge where you are supposed to jump off and land below to fight more enemies. If timed correctly, you can jump across to the roof on the other side to get the Skull you can see from where you are standing. If you fall short, use the ladder to climb up and try again.
2. The Skull is found next to the first flaming archers you encounter. Run up and jump off the tree halfway down the stairs as you walk towards the bridge they are firing from.
3. Go to the river bed shortly after learning the Water-Run technique. The Skull is resting on the bottom near the end of the river before the bridge. Hold A to dive down and collect it.
4. Defeat the sub-Boss in the room with the giant golden dragon winding around. Go to the second floor, and jump to the platform on the left-hand side. Smash through the wall to find a hidden room with the Skull on one of the shelves.
5. Near the beginning of the sewer area, after learning the Wind Blades technique, there should be a short path to the right with a metal staircase. Ascend the stairs to reach the Skull near the top.
6. After you learn how to perform the Invisible Path technique, go the opposite way of the main path. There is a small crevice in the wall you can run back and forth on to reach a rock platform with the Skull.
7. Go to the streets shortly after exiting the subway. After running for a little while and turning a few corners, you will find an open area and some crowded apartment buildings to your right. There is a Skull on one of the steel apartment exterior staircases/balconies near a ninja corpse. Use Wall Run to reach it.
8. Near the middle of the level when jumping from the broken overpass to a ladder, you should see a ledge with a Skull on it in front of you. Either use a correctly timed jump to reach it, or wait until after you get above that area and climb back down a ladder to collect it.
9. The Skull is on the girders inside the Statue Of Liberty. When you are climbing up the stairs to the saved game point, jump on the girders in the middle of the room. You should see the Skull resting on one of them.
10. Located on a boat in the second body of water you can access. Instead of crossing the bridge, hang left and go around the corner to where you obtain the Kusarigama. Run across the river. The Skull is on one of the boats.
11. Shortly afterwards, you will walk into a marketplace with some tables and chairs with a single exit on the right-hand side. The Skull is immediately to your right outside the doorway you exit.
12. After collecting the Spear Gun and swimming through about two areas, there will be groups of exploding jellyfish creatures. Reach the second group of such creatures on your right in a small passageway. They will respawn for awhile. Keep killing them and collect Essence. After they are all dead, swim over there to find a Skull at the bottom of the floor to your left.
13. At the very start of the level, immediately turn around and jump on the section of roof behind you that slopes down into the water. Cross over to the other side of the roof. Walk down a few step to find the Skull tucked away very close to where you were originally standing when the level began.
14. When you reach the guillotine, cut the rope for the Skull.
15. In the library with a fireplace inside the castle where you fight a lot of ninjas, there is a Skull on one of the bookshelves. It will appear after you make the books fall out by hitting the bookshelves.
16. When you first reach the controls at the front of the ship and start destroying them, a Skull will be uncovered slightly to the left of the main control panel.
17. The Skull is hidden in an alcove on your right after you start walking into a new hallway around the time that you find the Tonfas off a dead ninja. It is near some debris.
18. The Skull is in the snow when you are crossing the minefield. It is found after the first section of mines where everyone was shooting at you through the windows of the three story building.
19. Once you get back inside again and leave the bell tower, you will begin descending a winding square staircase. The Skull is in one of the holes on the wall with candles in it.
20. After you enter the subway, in the room before where you find the dignitary's ID card is a Skull on the right-hand side of the room.
21. The Skull is on one of the gears about halfway up the area where you are jumping from one to another. It is on one of the medium-sized horizontal gears.
22. Go to the big open body of water you reach with the two searchlights. Go all the way to the right-hand corner. The Skull is behind one of the big wooden towers.
23. After using the Jade Mask and entering a new area, you will eventually reach a rope you must use to climb across to reach the other side. About midway through this climb (just past the giant tree), is a branch you can turn and swing towards on your right. Swing to this and then to one more branch for the Skull.
24. After defeating the worm Boss, immediately after the game save is another area with smaller worm enemies. The Skull is on the far right-hand side of this room on the ground.
25. After watching the short intermission sequence with the dead ninjas floating down the river, jump into the water. The Skull is in a small alcove on the left near the bottom, midway to the other shore.
26. After the fight with the worm enemies in the acid pit, use a Flying Bird Flip to reach the area above you. Wall Run on the wall to your immediate left, then jump to the one on the right. Once back on solid ground, turn around and Wall Run one more time from the wall on the left, and jump to the ledge in front of you to reach the Skull.
27. Once you enter the area with many flying dragon enemies, you will quickly reach a path descending to the area below. Once it levels out, follow it around to the left instead of where you normally go. The Skull is on the ground in a small open area.
28. After you pass the second shop, you will climb up a ladder and jump out a window into a familiar village setting from the original Ninja Gaiden. Go to the right of the village, and turn right into a narrow alley near the exit. There is a Skull in the far back right corner of this alley.
29. Pass through an underwater tunnel into a new area. The Skull is in a clearing inside a small wooden structure on the right.
30. Immediately after leaving the ninja fortress, instead of climbing across the rope in front of you, go to your left, and drop down into the opening in the floor. Follow this area back to the beginning of the original game, and jump down all the ramps to the far bottom left to find the Skull.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Bigguy007Easy Way To Beat The Water Dragon
When you first start make sure you have the bow and arrows equipped. Don't move from the platform your standing on. Use the 1st person aiming ability and charge up your arrows to the max (hold down the b button) Make sure you hit him in the head as hitting him anywhere else only takes away a little bit of health; head shots take away a lot of his health. Yes you will take some damage but this is the best way I found to deal with him.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Ninja-Man JordanEasy 100 Slash Achievement
Chapter 11: A Tempered Gravestone
After you cross the bridge before you get the head of the statue, you will be attacked by some wolves and two archers. Kill the wolves and leave the archers alive. Equip ninja stars and run around doing flips while you throw ninja stars at them. Switch off between archers and you will eventually get it.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by grant hayabusaDragon Sword
this is for you rather newbie people who are looking up cheats to make the game seem less hard. You want the best tip you can ever find? Use the dragon sword! Most people think of it as just the default weapon when its actually (if used properly) the best weapon in the game. I beat the game with only the dragon sword and its so easy if you just try it!
-plus you also get an achievement for it
Ninja Gaiden II Unlockables
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Sally ForthMission Mode Achievements
Acolyte of Missions (20) - Complete all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Acolyte
All Bronze (30) - Obtain all Bronze Medallions in the Survival Missions
All Gold (30) - Obtain all Gold Medallions in the Survival Missions
All Silver (30) - Obtain all Silver Medallions in the Survival Missions
Eight Missions Completed (30) - Complete 8 Missions
First Medallion (20) - Obtain a Medallion in a Survival Mission
Four Missions Completed (30) - Complete 4 Missions
Master Ninja of Missions (20) - Complete all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Master Ninja
Mentor of Missions (20) - Complete all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Mentor
Warrior of Missions (20) - Complete all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Warrior
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Whiffle Bat WhalloperUnlockable Stuff
Black Jaguar Costume - Complete Path of Mentor
Camoflauge Ninja Outfit - Complete the game on Warrior
Gamerpic of Ryu - Complete the game on Path of the Master Ninja
Gamerpic. - Collect all 30 crystal skulls
Golden Ninja Costume - Complete the game on Path of The Master Ninja
Music Test - Clear the game on any difficulty
Old Film Filter - Beat the game.
Path of the Master Ninja - Beat Path of the Mentor
Path of the Mentor - Beat Path of the Warrior
Red Ninja Outfit - Complete the game on Acolyte
Xbox 360 | Submitted by yoshileefluffCrystal Skull Gamerpic
Collect all 30 Crystal Skulls to unlock the Crystal Skull Gamerpic. Alternately, select "Leaderboards" at the main menu, and scroll to a player's name that has already unlocked the Gamerpic (looks like a reddish-brown Crystal Skull). Click the Right Analog-stick and press A to play that player's video to unlock the Gamerpic for your own account.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Ninja NedNew Game +
New Game + - Beat the game and start a new game with the same data to play through on the same difficulty with all your items, ninpon and other stuff still intact.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Lil'ninjaAchievements
Completed Chapter 5 (10G) - Clear Chapter 5, The Aqua Capita
Completed Chapter 7 (10G) - Clear Chapter 7, The Flying Fortress Daedalus
Completed Chapter 9 (10G) - Clear Chapter 9, Heart of Darkness
Diffused The Lightening (15G) - Defeat Alexei for the second time
Dragon Sword Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Dragon Sword
Dual Katana Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Dragons Claw and Tigers Fang
Eclipse Scythe Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Eclipse Scythe
Eight Of White (15G) - Beat the eight Test of Valor
Ended The Infernal Reign (15G) - Defeat High Infernal Priest, Dagra Dai
Extinguished The Flame (15G) - Defeat Zedonius for the second time
Falcon's Talons Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Falcon's Talons
Feat of a hundred Slashes (20) - Achieve a 100-hit combo with any weapon
Feat of a Thousand Obliterations (20) - Defeat 1000 enemies using Obliteration Techniques
Feat of Ultimate Destruction (20) - Defeat 1000 enemies using Ultimate Techniques
Finished Chapter 1 (10) - Finished Chapter 1, "Sky City Tokyo"
Finished Chapter 2 (10) - Finished Chapter 2, "The Castle of the Dragon."
Finished Chapter 3 (10) - Finished Chapter 3, "Thunderclap of Catastrophe."
Five Of Yellow (15G) - Beat the fifth Test of Valor
Four Of Green (15G) - Beat the fourth Test of Valor
Indomitable Spirit (5G) - Choose to continue the game 100 times.
Karma of the Master Ninja (20) - Obtain all of the Crystal Skulls
Karma of the Mentor (20) - Obtain 20 Crystal Skulls
Karma of the Warrior (20) - Obtain 10 Crystal Skully
Kusari-gama Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Kusari-gama
Lunar Staff Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Lunar Staff
Mastered Counter Attack (5) - Successfully performed the Counter Attack Technique
Mastered Flying Bird Flip (5) - Successfully performed the Flying Bird Flip Technique
Mastered Flying Swallow (5) - Successfully performed the Flying Swallow Technique
Mastered Furious Wind (5) - Successfully performed the Furious Wind Technique
Mastered Invisible Path (5) - Successfully performed the Invisible Path Technique
Mastered Obliteration Technique (5) - Successfully performed the Obliteration Technique
Mastered Reverse Wind (5) - Successfully performed the Revers Wind Technique
Mastered Shadowless Footsteps (5) - Successfully performed the Shadowless Footsteps Technique
Mastered Ultimate Guidance (5) - Successfully performed the Ultimate Guidance Technique
Mastered Ultimate Technique (5) - Successfully performed the Ultimate Technique
Mastered Unrivaled Soaring (5) - Successfully performed the Ultimate Soaring Technique
Nine Of Violet (15G) - Beat the last Test of Valor
One of White (15) - Purified the site of the the first Test of Valor.
Redeemed Genshin (15G) - Defeat Genshin for the last time
Seven Of Red (15G) - Beat the seventh Test of Valor
Silenced The Storm (15G) - Defeat Volf for the second time
Six Of White (15G) - Beat the sixth Test of Valor
Staunched The Blood (15G) - Defeat ElizÃÆÃÂ©bet for the second time
The Art Of Inferno (5) - Successfully performed the Art of the Inferno Ninpo
The Art of the Flame Phoenix (5) - Successfully performed the Art of the Flame Phoenix Ninpo
The Art of the Piercing Void (5) - Successfully performed the Art of the Piercing Void Ninpo
The Art of the Wind Blades (5) - Successfully performed the Art of the Wind Blades Ninpo
Three Of Blue (15G) - Beat the third Test of Valor
Tonfa Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Tonfa
Two of Black (15) - Purified the sit of the the second Test of Valor.
Vanquished Alexei (15) - Defeat Alexei in battle
Vanquished ElizÃÆÃÂ©bet (15) - Defeat ElizÃÆÃÂ©bet in battle
Vanquished Genshin (15) - Defeat Genshin in battle
Vanquished Volf (15) - Defeat Volf in battle
Vanquished Zedonius (15) - Defeat Zedonius in battle
Vigoorian Flail Master (5) - Complete the game using only the Vigoorian Flail
Way of the Acolyte (100) - Complete the game on the Path of the Acolyte
Way of the Master Ninja (100) - Complete the game on the Path of the Master Ninja
Way of the Mentor (100) - Complete the game on the Path of the Mentor
Way of the Warrior (100) - Complete the game on the Path of the Warrior
Ninja Gaiden II Easter Eggs
Xbox 360 | Submitted by WillapenoClean Weapons
Anywhere in the game, after you kill all the enemies in the area, keep your weapon out. Once your health starts to go up, Ryu will shake the blood off his weapon and give you shiny, clean steel to chop off ninja heads with. (Note: Ryu will not do this if there are still enemies nearby, even if you can't see them.)
Xbox 360 | Submitted by flipHKD869Hidden Xbox 360 Symbol
First Floor of the Statue of Liberty
I found this by accident, but if you are at the bottom floor in the Statue of Liberty, where the ninja display is, there is some kinda hidden Xbox 360 symbol there. Equip the explosive shuriken, and head towards the exit, but don't go through it. On the right hand side, there's a wooden wall. Throw a shuriken at it, and the wall just collapsed. Then you'll see the giant X of the Xbox 360. It doesn't have a description, but if you activate it, it makes the Xbox sound, like when you turn your console on. I'm not exactly sure if it has any effect in the game, but it's a pretty cool find.
Ninja Gaiden II Glitches
Xbox 360 | Submitted by brewer235Unlimited Yellow Orbs
In the air ship, about half way though, when you have to smash the first controls, you will come across a hallway with a laser wall that activates when you touch it. It will do pretty good damage, but it triggers an alarm and 3 ninjas come use the scythe ultimate move and try and kill them in 1 blow and finish off what you miss then walk really close to the lasers and bam three more ninjas. Just keep doing this untill you get what you need. If done correctly you should get about 700 orb points per kill