Clint Eastwood’s latest, Gran Torino, was top of the box office this weekend after expanding into more than 2,000 cinemas across America.
The drama earned $29 million, which added to the money it has already made, brings the film up to $40 million after five weeks of release. It meant that the other two main wide releases – Kate Hudson/Anne Hathaway comedy Bride Wars and David Goyer’s horror The Unborn had to settle for second and third.
But with just $400,000 between them, chances are the two films might swap places when the official final figures arrive tomorrow. The result shoved Marley And Me down to fourth with $11.3 million, while fifth place went to The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, which took in $9.4 million and has made $94 million to date.
Check out the full top 10 below.
- Gran Torino ($29 million)
- Bride Wars ($21.5 million)
- The Unborn (21.1 million)
- Marley And Me ($11.3 million)
- The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button ($9.4 million)
- Bedtime Stories (8.5 million)
- Valkyrie ($6.6 million)
- Yes Man ($6.1 million)
- Not Easily Broken ($5.6 million)
- Seven Pounds ($3.9 million)