So, want to try these amazing and addictive custom games for yourself? Here's how.
Method #1 (quicker, but currently not very reliable)
1) Start your 360 and sign onto Xbox Live.
2) Load Halo 3 and choose Custom Games in the menu.
3) Hit Start to go to Settings. "Bungie Favorites" will be the first available selection under the Media tab. That's what you want.
Method #2 (more complicated, but almost always works)
1) Go to the Bungie Favorite Games section of Halo 3's community website.
2) Look for a "Sign In" button on the top right of the screen. You'll need to know the email address and password to which you connected your Xbox Live Gold Account.
3) If you don't remember, or never signed up, click here to get help.
4) Once you're signed in, choose one of the five custom matches - Rocket Races, Pirate Ships, Ninja Pit, Pirate Sharks or Stealth Scuds - and click its "Download to Halo 3" button.
5) You should see the following message: "Queued for Download: This file has been successfully added to your Halo 3 Active Transfers. It will be downloaded to the game the next time you sign in to Xbox Live while playing Halo 3."
6) If you want to play Rocket Races, Pirate Ships or Pirate Sharks, you'll also need to go here and download the three maps - Sandtrap (Race), Valhalla (Race) and Seven Seas.
7) Start up Halo 3 while signed into Xbox Live and your new files will download automatically.
8) When you've received the message that they've finished, go into Custom Games and make your selections. Look under the default headings for your new variants:
Rocket Races = VIP variant
Pirate Ships = Territories variant
Ninja Pit = King of the Hill variant
Pirate Sharks = Infection variant
Stealth Scuds = Slayer variant
9) Make sure to choose the correct map variant to match Rocket Races, Pirate Ships or Pirate Sharks.
10) You're all set. Invite and impress your friends!