Topics

Gamescom

• SMIDA - August 23, 2010 11:42 p.m.

About time a new decent car game came out. i hate all the track racing games such as F1 and PGR so this is looking good for me
  • philipshaw - August 20, 2010 12:31 p.m.

This looks cool but I have heard mixed opinions about it
  • seabassuk - August 20, 2010 10:33 a.m.

This looks like Cops with Burnout!
  • F4LLENS0LDIER - August 20, 2010 12:49 a.m.

hot pursuit 2 is my favorite need for speed game. cannot wait for this one
  • dunc12 - August 19, 2010 11:09 p.m.

man, I can't wait for all three of those! (Hot Pursuit, F1 2010, DiRT 3)It's gonna be an awesome racing-filled year, and I'm excited =]
  • Bawheidbob - August 19, 2010 9:10 p.m.

Quite hyped up for this one, kind of lost faith in racers these last few years - Perhaps due to me getting older and losing what little skills i had. If i am honest to myself i have not enjoyed a racer much since V-Rally and GT2
  • sk8r7 - August 19, 2010 6:58 p.m.

i hope this reboot of an old classic stays original the original hot pursuit 2 was really fun, but it was really hard. there were no difficulty settings on story mode. the one from 2003 had great cars, good online modes, and en a mode where you could be the cops themselves and catch speeders. the only thing in common with this "new" hot pursuit is the tracks that you can race on and part of the title. i bet it won't have anything the original 2003 one had.
  • keefster - August 19, 2010 5:20 p.m.

I didn't forget that game!!! I played it all the time, still do sometimes. Its on my games shelf right next to halo 3 and MW2 and GTA and...Burnout paradise!!! I didn't know it was forgotten :(
  • H2A2I00 - August 19, 2010 5:10 p.m.

i remember that hot pursuit 2 was one of the first ps2 games i had and me and my friends spent endless hours stuffing our faces with junk food while we raced each other
  • Ninjadmin - August 19, 2010 2:49 p.m.

Everything ive read on this so far has said its open world... Heres one such article. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=251051 "And in true Criterion style this all takes place in a diverse open world housing everything from California coastline, deserts, forests, seasides and mountainous regions perfect for powering through." I heard in one of Giantbombs E3 podcasts that it has "10.5 square miles of open world & is 4 times larger than Paradise city".
  • FriendlyFire - August 19, 2010 2:24 p.m.

HP2 is probably my favorite NFS game, and this game reminded me immediately of it. I'm thrilled :D
  • Hydrohs - August 19, 2010 2:09 p.m.

I've never forgetting HP2. My friend and I spent hours and hours playing it on the GameCube, and I still play it on PC to this day. Fantastic game, and the reason I got so excited after seeing the title for this game at E3. If it's even half the game HP2 was it will be great.
  • TheWoolyMammoth - August 19, 2010 1:57 p.m.

Also while I'm here, I just wanna point out that this is the second time you've made me go back and play my PS2 Justin. First XG3 and now HP2 <3
  • TheWoolyMammoth - August 19, 2010 1:51 p.m.

I'm most definitely in, I'm a huge fan of Criterion's racers. Every article and video I see just make me want it even more :(
  • AxiamWolfe - August 19, 2010 1:29 p.m.

I LOVED NFS3:Hot Pursuit, and to a lesser extent Hot Pursuit 2 (really, chasing cars with health bars?). But this? Though it's a nice return to roots after the Underground-Undercover saga, not to mention the fact that Burnout is hella fun, this still feels like "Burnout with cops". I'd much rather perform a PIT maneuver on an offender and see my cop persona arrest/ticket the bastard than send the speeder crashing into a mangled wreck any day. And the new spike strips are just weak.
  • Crofto - August 19, 2010 1:14 p.m.

" The reason the latest Need for Speed is going to be a return to form is because it's actually much more like something else. Yep, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2." Can't say I agree, I'm afraid. I stopped playing these games after NFS Hot Pursuit 2, since the Fast and Furious crap was a major turn-off; I was hoping this game would revitalise what I liked about the old games, but the inclusion of EMPs, and boosts is already a big downer for me. Enough of the gimmicks - I just want the focus to be on racing fast, taking short-cuts and dodging civilians out on the road, not collecting points so I can make my car go faster.
  • ShaneCedt - August 19, 2010 1:01 p.m.

The Need For Speed series keeps dropping the ball
  • pollenski - August 19, 2010 12:58 p.m.

OMFG - I completely remember spending days and days playing the demo of NFS3 on my old PC! It was sweet as! It was also unfortunately the most modern game I could ever play on that old dx2 and an upgrade was beyond my budget so I then joined the ranks of console gaming to console myself. I tried a couple of NFS titles on friends PCs since but they went to crappy arcade handling and Fast and the Furious style jizz-mobiles instead of proper cars, so this has caught my eye once more! Any news on whether the handling will be returning to the realms of realism or any genuine vehicles on board?
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 19, 2010 12:55 p.m.

No correction needed, y2kpikachu12 - while the massive draw distance gives the impression of an open world to drive around, it looks point-to-point to me too. Also lol at CARDYKEV - very good :P
  • y2kpikachu12 - August 19, 2010 12:51 p.m.

@Ninjadmin I don't think it is an open world racing game. Anyone correct me correcting him if i'm wrong.