• awesomesauce - September 24, 2012 1:33 p.m.

Are there any postitve reasons to region lock a console?
  • zombi3grim - September 24, 2012 2:24 p.m.

It thwarts piracy. Which means game developers and publishers save money to make more games for you to buy.
  • Shinn - September 26, 2012 5:55 a.m.

It has nothing to do with piracy. A pirate can play any game from any country of origin without hassle.
  • zombi3grim - September 26, 2012 6:04 a.m.

It has alot to do with piracy. It makes it alot harder to hack. Also, it has to do with licensing issues. But mostly piracy.
  • Shinn - September 28, 2012 4:29 a.m.

Doesn't make a difference to someone messing with an executable. The code is almost completely identical. A pirate can play a pirated version of any game anywhere in the world, the entire point is to remove the drm.
  • zombi3grim - September 28, 2012 5:19 a.m.

No. The quantum reflectecator inside the hard casing protects against pirating. You cant remove the drm without breaking the fky. The code in the drive is identical to the circuit drive in the core.
  • Shinn - September 28, 2012 6:03 a.m.

I'm not quite sure whether you're being sarcastic or not. I sincerely hope you aren't trying to convince me that you're right by making up words.
  • zombi3grim - September 28, 2012 7:47 a.m.

No, Im not being sarcastic. I know Im right. The quadlateral processor everyone knows cant be fucked with by pirates. When you plug it into the executor and take out the limitor core, its impervious to hacking. DUH!
  • Shinn - September 30, 2012 5:15 p.m.

Oh yes, of course. You are a genius.
  • zombi3grim - September 30, 2012 6:16 p.m.

Its not my fault you cant understand simple console lingo. Quadlateral processors, conondrum engines and drmx-jy's are all integral to the anti piracy. Everyone knows this.
  • Shinn - October 4, 2012 5:34 a.m.

No mate it's not your fault I don't understand what you're trying to say. Just like it's not my fault that you think you can trick someone who is two years into a software development degree with made up terms. You didn't even bother to use real words, it's embarrassing, and I've truly enjoyed goading you into digging a deeper hole for yourself.
  • Child Of Death - September 24, 2012 1:27 p.m.

Thats ok Nintendo. Thats what Homebrew is for.
  • Cyberninja - September 24, 2012 12:56 p.m.

I really thought no one would treat this as news when has any Nintendo home console ever been completely region free? the right answer is never so I don't care, and still plan to get one.
  • darkvare - September 24, 2012 10:53 a.m.

i'll wait until you can hack it easily to get otherwise meh
  • Ryudo - September 24, 2012 10:48 a.m.

While I import all this means for me is Homebrew part 2! Play a lot of imports on my Wii thanks Homebrew!
  • Net_Bastard - September 24, 2012 10:34 a.m.

Does Nintendo learn anything? Oh wait, no they don't.
  • CrashmanX - September 24, 2012 9:55 a.m.

Guess I'm not getting a Wii U anytime soon. One of my favorite things to do is get import games that will never come out in the US (SD Gundam G Generation Wars/World for example)