• shawksta - February 28, 2014 4:51 p.m.

I think Bayonetta 2 is gonna use it in some form, the team expressed for it, but regardless of course we still need announcements of games that will use it. If anything Zelda U is the most likely the major one.
  • Joker-Johnny - May 18, 2013 2:14 a.m.

OK to address comments.above (the pissing contest). the dreamcast was a great system that came before its time. the weird ui (as well as rip n burn any game from blockbuster) and childish like games are what kinda killed it (mainly the rip n burn... who didn't do it?) But I still play my dc that I waited outside over night to get at its release. the n64 was great and still is and Nintendo can learn a lot from it ie bomber man banjo-kazzoie conkers bad fur day and bodyharvest. Those were solid games ( I think we all would like to see the sequel to conker on Wii u uncensored that is) that provided hours of game play. We need solid games that are longer than a few hours. Remember yoshis island Mario 64 n donkey Kong country? Those games took days unless you didn't have a life. I'm still rockin my dc and n64 heck I still have my very first consoles from childhood the nes and atari hooked up (roms are not the same) we just need more memorable games that will keep bringing us back. Honestly I didn't care and still don't care for the PS3 and Xbox 360 seeing as I have a computer that outmatches them in every way possible. To the point. Nintendo should just do a few things everyone who slbought a Wii u send it in to be replaced with an upgraded version with more ram and 1080 video and they should go to newer gen cart that's a 32 to 64 gb flash card for longer games and way bigger levels. Then they can call it the Wii 64 (lmao) I love Nintendo but they need to get on the ball before Atari rises from its ashes (jk)
  • Rick31 - May 12, 2013 8:15 a.m.

They need to make a New zelda game to sell more console and quick ......and they will have to make it with good graphics good story line , good Art concept and the zelda will need to take gamers to a place like any other and grip them are like Shao Kahn said in mortal kombat finish him ....the wii u will be dead for sure like Dreamcast did. If they launch a new console it would be embracing for Nintendo sony and Microsoft would have a laugh they make a mistake by making a console with all most the same graphics as ps3 and xbox360 knowing ps4 is on the way ha! Funny if I was Nintendo when I here Microsoft said Xbox 720 just think of one thing (graphics) so with that in mind make the same graphics get the same titles on ps4 and 720 plus Nintendo titles and also focus now on online gaming not only with Nintendo titles but with other companies as well and also the controller yes the controller when it comes to games like street fighter ,mortal kombat which in my opinion are huge success you are going to need a basic controller like playstation ...so what I'm trying to say to Nintendo is still make unique controller but focus them for zelda ,mario,mario kart and for fighting games create a controller for that.
  • Unoriginal - March 31, 2013 7:47 p.m.

PS3/360/PC owners got Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite all in the span of a single month. God of War, Luigis Mansion, SimCity and Gears of War were also notable exclusives for their respective platforms in March. Wii U got nothing notable, cross-platform or not. I think above all else the Wii U needs *ports*. A young system without a sizable exclusives library has to rely on cross-platform games between big releases to keep the gamer feeling happy and free of buyers remorse. I for example, mostly play on PC and PS3 these days. The last PS3 exclusive I bought was Journey in late october last year and the next one I've got my eyes set on is The Last of Us in June. That is about 8 months between exclusives I'm interested in but yet; not a week has passed in between those dates that I have not turned on my PS3 because in between those I´ve had ports of almost every single major 3rd party release. The Wii U's relatively short shelf life is no excuse for its lack of games. A concole may be defined by its exclusives but its the porting support that makes the difference.
  • Zepaw - March 29, 2013 4:44 p.m.

Smash Bros would be my system seller.
  • snipes101 - March 29, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Though sales aren't great, everyone thought the PS3 was dead in the water for almost a year after it came out and look at it now. I think this reaction is coming too soon - just give it some time. The 3DS had a mediocre launch, too, and from what I can tell, it is plugging along just fine now.
  • db313 - March 30, 2013 5:59 a.m.

In 2006, the PS3 was over priced and had no games and a controller with no rumble. Game developers were not intersted in making games for the PS3 with xb360 handing dev kits out like hotcakes. It took 3 years for Sony to get rumble, exclusives like God of War, have 3rd party developers not port from xb360 and drop the price. That's why Sony's March announcement were to show DEVELOPERS committed to develop exclusives for the PS4 first.
  • BRiDeath - April 1, 2013 10:58 a.m.

PS3 game budgets weren't as high as they are going into the next gen. It'll be harder for that scenario to take place again since the finances don't seem to be in order. Also, keep in mind that the PS3 still gave Sony a fuck ton of debt to pay off :\
  • Frieza - March 29, 2013 11:20 a.m.

The reason why I haven't gotten a WiiU is because Nintendo hasn't convinced me that, as a gamer, I need to buy this system. I already have a Wii, 3DS (although I haven't touched it in months), and a 360 and I am very content with what I have. Why should I buy this system when I already have plenty of older games to keep me occupied (especially in this horrible economy)? What can the WiiU give me that my older consoles cant? This is why I'm hoping to get into computer gaming in the future. Because the computer gaming community has convinced me that computer games can give me a lot more than what I have now with my consoles. The WiiU isn't giving me that vibe. There isn't anything on that system that can give me what I already have. This primarily has to do with its library; it's so lackluster! What I wanted (and what most people wanted, I presume) from this system is our favorite Nintendo franchises, such as Super Mario, LoZ, SSB, Pokemon, and even Metroid and F-Zero, in current gen. HD graphics. We also wanted more focus on the hardcore portion of the gaming industry and less on the family-friendly, casual approach we got with the Wii. We didn't get any of that. What we got was a small library filled with games that barely sparked any interest in long time Nintendo fans as well as the casual gamers who bought the Wii for family fun. This could have been a big break for Nintendo. In an industry that is evolving and introducing new possibilities that gamers never would have thought possible 10 or so years ago, Nintendo could have made the WiiU into something much more than what it is today. Why not have next gen. graphics instead of graphics they should have had with the Wii? Why not have improved online capabilities so we can play Online-only games from the comfort of our living room couch? Or better yet, focus less on the casual gaming audience and more on the audience that made you so great in the first place?
  • cheezitmonster - March 29, 2013 9:56 a.m.

Ok, this may sound pretty extreme, but I really feel that all of the system's problems could have been solved if they nintendo did two things when designing the console: 1. Make the name different from the Wii- It is a known historical fact that better versions of nintendo consoles have always had some sort of letter as a suffix. Examples include the GBA SP, the various variations of the Nintendo DS, the NES Jr., the SNES Jr., and other console makers putting a suffix such as the xbox 360S to show that it is an improved version. Because of this obtuse naming scheme, the consumers are rightfully confused over what this new product is and its purpose. This problem could have easily been solved by calling it Wii 2, or my personal favorite; the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment system. 2. Make the console a lot more expensive- Now this may seem extreme, but I higher price tag would give the console a much larger perceived value compared to the the previous gen, plus it would allow nintendo to make the console a lot more technically proficient. I say this because in previous generations, when the older consoles were about 5 years old, they would be significantly less expensive than they were when they released (Playstation 2 was $130 at that point compared to $300), so the newer consoles would seem much, much better than the previous gen because of the price discrepancy (you must remember that most consumers think that more money=better). The problem though is that the ps3 and xbox 360 are 6 and 7 years old respectively and are STILL being sold at $300, so a new generation being sold at $350 would, in the eyes of the consumer, seem like only a very marginal improvement over the competition. The same principal can be seen in the car world; when a 2013 car comes out, it is only slightly more expensive than the 2012 model, which got a discount to relieve the excess, but when a new version of the same car comes out (which usually happens about every 5 years) the old version is sold for far less because they want this new version to look like a huge improvement over the old one. If i had it my way I would have increased the price of the Wii U $100 across the board ($400 for basic and $450 for premium) so that it would both look like a clear improvement over the previous gen in terms of more expensive=better, and so that the money could be reinvested into making the system more capable in the technical sense, making it seem like a true next-gen console.
  • christian-shaffer - March 29, 2013 6:55 a.m.

It came out in November! 4 months ago! It's not dying. There just isn't a game library yet. Give it a year before you start insinuating it's a failure. Everyone is saying this, but it's ridiculous. There have been very few consoles that sold well in their first few months. Nintendo will announce a bunch of new titles at E3 and then they'll get huge sales again around Holiday season. New Super Smash, New Zelda, New Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, etc.? I'd be extremely surprised if the console doesn't sell after releases like these. Most of the titles I mentioned haven't been announced, but let's be honest, these games will be announced/released eventually and people will buy the console because of it. This idea that WiiU is a failing console is ridiculous. Give it a chance to build a game library around it before you start calling it a failure.
  • Shadownerd45 - March 29, 2013 6:23 a.m.

I do not believe the WiiU can recover. At GameStop i see the whole wall dedicated to Xbox and PS3 games. Then i see the little section between the window and the counter dedicated to WiiU games. It has to only be a maximum of two and a half feet.
  • clownferret - April 1, 2013 1:25 a.m.

it's a new console with a a handful of games. PS3 & xbox have been out for 6 years and have a huge library plus the used market, so of course they will require much more shelf space.
  • Shadownerd45 - April 7, 2013 1:34 p.m.

It has been four months and there has been barely any third party support for it. There were none of the incredible games that are on Xbox and PS3 launch titles. Nintendo has barely supported it. It is as powerful as the Xbox 360. When the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out, The wii u will be once again, The underpowered console from Nintendo. It cannot recover. Nintendo is finished.
  • 7-D - March 29, 2013 12:12 a.m.

I was at Target the other day and i looked over at the Wii-U section with it's shelf of games.. it was pitiful. It's heartbreaking it really is. Nintendo better turn it around because it's just too much of a gritty sausage-fest in the main arena without them. Luckily my 3DS is keeping my Nintendo fix sated.. especially with the absolutely brilliant Luigi's mansion (seriously if you haven't played it yet - get on it).
  • thagama - March 28, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Well I was thinking[ as always have been] that the only way to fix this problem of their is releasing a new console.Yes is not too late to Nintendo to release a premature all new warm system.Because the Wii U is just a mistake that is reaallly far from be fixed.Nintendo's control Wii U pad is just plain absurd, just a complete waste of everything.And if that wasn't enough ;the main problem of the Wii U is the console capabilities. Several companies are giving the back to Nintendo's latest console just because the harware is very slow and limited.And we are talking about for example Rockstar, Bethesda, just to say some of the several companies. Mario is not enough, can't believe they just release a Mario game for the Wii U in 2D!!!!!! Just all these years to deliver the same graphics?,c'mon! this guys are unbelievable! And the price is A COMPLETE THIEVERY!!!! If the console is inferior to the PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360 by much,So the fair price for the WII U must be less than that consoles! Really they need to cut it really good to at lest to get even! The other 2 past consoles are wayyyyy better than the WII U with better games graphics,controls and libraries,so who knowing all of this would want a Wii U?Release a new console or die Nintendo!
  • Robostegosaurus - March 28, 2013 7:52 p.m.

I don't own one, but I can tell you what has kept me from buying it: When I first heard about the tablet controller, I was excited. I imagined playing a game like Culdcept or a Magic the Gathering-style game where everyone could see their own cards; or a football game where you could privately peruse your playbook; or a strategy game where you planned your moves in secret. Then they announced there would be only one tablet controller. At that point, it just sounded like a gimmick, and the system went from a must-have for me to an I-really-don't-care. Since then, my decision not to buy has been stregthened by the reports of difficulty in transfering digital purchases, making the system sound pretty anti-consumer. I own a 3DS and love it, but as far as I can tell, the Wii U is giving me no reason to buy it.
  • winner2 - March 28, 2013 6:55 p.m.

This thing is going to die I think. These are good suggestions but I can't see Nintendo trying hard enough to reverse this. But even if it fails they'll be fine.
  • blackbeltbap15 - March 28, 2013 6:03 p.m.

i agree with all of this. i believe a $50 price cut or ditching the basic model and replacing it with the deluxe model would also help. also i think giving new adoptersv irtual console titles or something downlodable would be a good pack-in becasue it doesnt coast nintendo much and would not effect the profit margin or lack theirof (nintendo takes a loss for each console sold until you buy a game or 2.) and nintendo needs to bring back third-party games or the wii u is gonna fail, no BF4 is a total downer for me