• talleyXIV - September 18, 2013 4:49 p.m.

I think the idea is brilliant and I loved Wii Sports but hold the fuck on Nintendo. $50?! $50?! $50! This was a throw in game! Then it was $20 for the actual game outside of the bundle. If you really think online and HD are worth $30 extra, you are out of your mind. I can't even imagine the profit on these, there is no way they spent a substantial amount on just adding two features. For $50 these Mii avatars better have their arms and legs connected to them and look like they came out of GTA and the online better be quick and easy.
  • larkan - September 18, 2013 11:47 p.m.

They did the same with Wind Waker...do you really think an HD upscale and bloom effects are worth that much? I certainly don't.
  • talleyXIV - September 19, 2013 4:35 p.m.

Wind Waker is a full length game that you can easily get 50-200 hours worth of gameplay out of, this on the other hand is a set of mini games. If a game has a lot of content it should be more expensive.
  • megamanandkirby64 - September 18, 2013 2:50 p.m.

This makes me want to go play the original.
  • JarkayColt - September 18, 2013 2:28 p.m.

This sounds like a neat idea; I always wished Wii Sports had an online component. £45 for the whole game sounds like WAY too much though. However, that IS just a guesstimate, right? So maybe they'll have a discounted "bundle" of all 5 minigames if you want the whole set, for maybe £34.99 - £39.99 ... that's more in-line with Nintendo's digital prices. I think. Those games really aren't worth £9 each anyway though. £5 would be more reasonable.
  • GOD - September 18, 2013 1:46 p.m.

I don't see anything wrong with the price for all sports coming to $50. It isn't just an HD version of the original with online. There will most likely be some additional changes, as well as the most important which is the addition of being run by Wiimotes with Motion Plus. So really you're paying $50 for a newer version with added online support, better visuals, and superior gameplay. Does that really sound so different from most other games? Also you only have to buy the sports you want, so if you don't plan on playing all of them then you can just cut out that sport and save some cash.
  • talleyXIV - September 18, 2013 4:52 p.m.

Ehhhh.... In comparison to other HD remakes that are usually priced around $10-20, this is pushing it. I can see myself paying $50 for Wind Waker HD but just for 5 mini games in HD with online. Think about Game and Wario, that game was $40 and had 20 mini games with HD visuals. I am not saying G&W was really good but it was cheaper brand new and had far more content. Resident Evil 4 HD was $20. Jet Set Radio was $15. I just don't think online play is worth an extra $30.
  • GOD - September 18, 2013 5:21 p.m.

The title of the article is misleading. It's not an HD remake. It's a sequel to Wii Sports, called Wii Sports Club. The sequel will have new HD graphics, Online Support, and not play the exact same, because it's a sequel, and will instead be played with Wii Motion Plus controllers for superior gameplay to the original. I emphasize, it is NOT and HD remake with just online added. So it is a NEW game. G&W has 20 games you can play for not very long..... Bowling, you can play for literally hours at a time. If you played the original, you know that you could dynamically put spin on your ball to try and pick up that perfect spare when you had a 7, 10 split. So them refining the craft with the even more precise Wii Motion Plus is what makes it not just an HD remake, but a sequel proper since the whole core of the game is what's also being redone. @Magnus: I didn't say anything about it beating out PS4 and Xbox One this Holiday. It probably won't, but the console itself will ultimately be a success. Smash Bros. is going to be that killer app system seller that dramatically boost sales of the WiiU, and after that people will start to pick up the other great titles for it since they already have the system, and it will start getting support from 3rd parties as well. 95% percent of my friends in highschool only had a 360, while I had my PS3. Then Smash Bros. Brawl came out and we were all playing the laggy Wii online non stop everyday after school. I didn't even know if they had Wii's prior to that (I did).
  • larkan - September 18, 2013 11:50 p.m.

Wii motion plus is a joke, plain and simple. All motion tech is pretty much laughable when they start claiming true 1:1 motion, it's just not possible right now with a controller. If you want it, strap on a spandex suit and get ready to look rediculous.
  • GOD - September 19, 2013 12:17 a.m.

I never said it was true 1:1 motion. It is noticeable superior to a normal Wiimote though. The simple example is from Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess relied very little on the actual position of your controller for tracking because it was limited by the tech. Skyward Sword on the other hand required you chop at specific angles and did not just let you get off for being kinda of close. You had to cut the angle you were supposed to or it knew you swung wrong, and the tech supported that gameplay. On one hand, I'm really not a fan of unnecessary changes to my controller set up. I don't want imprecise motion tracking doing something a button or joystick can do better, but Skyward Sword showed that it supports pretty accurate motion tracking that a controller cannot do and so it justifies it's existence. It's not a joke. The biggest reason it's not a joke is because it only tracks motion for things it does well, and for everything else there's still button and joysticks. Also it's usually more credible if when you try and insult something, like say Wii Motion Plus, that you sight an example of why. First hand experience would usually be best, since that best shows that it's your opinion and not an assumption or an absorbed idea from others.
  • talleyXIV - September 19, 2013 4:39 p.m.

You are seriously just trying to say anything negative about Nintendo. 1:1 motion does exist, look up Skyward Sword gameplay. Motion Plus definitely was pretty innovative, not worth an extra $30 on a game like this but it works incredibly well.
  • Talvari - September 18, 2013 10:58 a.m.

$9.99 to £8.99, yeah UK getting destroyed by unfair conversion again >....> Liking the idea of online multiplayer for it even if, like people have been saying, the game should just be a full game for like $30 or something >.>
  • Shnubby - September 18, 2013 8:41 a.m.

So basically it's a £45 online pass for an old game that everyone already owns? Nintendo needs to realise that people are only just willing to pay £40 for a year of XBOX LIVE which lets them play ALL of their online enabled games. This, in comparison is a terrible deal! Being in HD is not a big deal, it's just a generation late for being HD like it should have been in the first place. This should be on the Wii U store for £6.99 including ALL the sports. Even then I probably still wouldn't be interested since I have the original. Bad thinking on Nintendo's behalf I think.
  • C.King - September 18, 2013 8:51 a.m.

"people are only just willing to pay £40 for a year of XBOX LIVE which lets them play ALL of their online enabled games. This, in comparison is a terrible deal!" huh? sorry not a xbox gamer but u need to pay a seperate online bill for your xbox? nintendo only requires you to own the game to play online. the pricing is a bit off for wii sports but i don't think it worth no less than 15 bucks, and they are reworking the controls which were already decent. i hear the zelda game in nintendo land had ridiculously awesome motion controls so it should be a cool improvement.
  • Shnubby - September 18, 2013 9:53 a.m.

Yes, but I'm just saying that since you can play the original for free (since everyone already has it) the only benefit you're getting for spending £45 besides HD is the ability to play online. Yes Xbox 360 (and soon xbox one and ps4) require you to pay a monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription charge which most people only pay for because it allows them to play a lot of online enabled games. £45 just for one online game (that is also old and overplayed already) doesn't make much sense and shouldn't appeal to anyone!
  • C.King - September 18, 2013 10:31 a.m.

oh i see yep, from free to 50 bucks ur saying it lame. i see now, unless there a good bundle deal there isn't much of a reason to get the whole thing. so what do u think about the sports individually though? they say u can pick the which of the rebooted ones ya want. i wouldn't say it would appeal to ANYONE but yep not likely many people would get the whole thing but they don't have to.
  • Shnubby - September 18, 2013 12:18 p.m.

I suppose the bowling could be a bit of fun at a house party haha
  • GOD - September 18, 2013 1:49 p.m.

It's not just an HD remake with online. The original only worked with original Wiimotes. This will run on Wii Motion Plus, making it a more precise motion controlled set of sports games. That may seem small but since that's essentially the core of the gameplay, it's just as much of an update as a sequel to any other game.
  • C.King - September 18, 2013 2:08 p.m.

nicely said, i like the profile pic - name combo
  • rainn'sgaydar - September 18, 2013 7:46 a.m.

I could get into some online tennis matches. Probably won't, but I could.