• SuperflyForever - May 11, 2010 3:12 a.m.

Pfft, Romero hasn't made a good zombie film in years.
  • Clovin64 - May 9, 2010 10:26 a.m.

If you forget that its supposed to be a Resi game, then Resi 5 can be considered a pretty good game IMO. Still, I miss the old scary Resi. I recently played the Resi 5 DLC "Lost in Nightmares" and I thought it was genuinely scary, concentating on a slow paced atmospheric approach rather than the 80's action movie style of the main game. It was, to me, proof that Capcom CAN still do scary. I'd love a next-gen reincarnation of the old Resi games (namely 1,2 and 3) with hoards of zombies in a truly terrifying game that forces you to use survival tactics more intelligent than simply upgrading your shotguns firepower. Capcom should learn from Left 4 Dead. Co-Op play could be brilliant if done right. A group of survivors working together and ensuring each others survival ( I know it sounds like I'm describing Left 4 Dead again ), y'know, create the game that Resi Outbreak should have been. P.S SERIAL KILLER MONKEYS = WIN
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 9, 2010 5:57 a.m.

When I originally played the Resi 4 scene in the boarded up house with Luis, I was so terrified. By far the most scary part of the whole game. Playing with an infinite 'nade launcher, auto-shotgun and magnum didn't help much to slow down my beating heart.
  • ThePrivateDick - May 8, 2010 9:36 p.m.

I don't know...his latest zombie movies (particularly Diary of the Dead, that movie was fucking awful) have been absolute shit. I don't think he could pull it off if he made a Resident Evil, let alone any zombie game.
  • Darkwun - May 8, 2010 12:11 p.m.

Or... (shameless promotion #1)I could write it! I've feverishly devoted my spare time into trying to create a TV series adaptation (to make up for Anderson's exploits) and am trying hard to get noticed! ReCaptcha: Speaks Truth* http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Resident-Evil-The-TV-Series/112552680806?ref=ts *ironically, this statement may in fact be a lie
  • philipshaw - May 8, 2010 11:36 a.m.

Have to agree and what wwas with the rubbish commentary on the Resi 4 video
  • Deckard5627 - May 8, 2010 9:27 a.m.

I love the resi series, so i'm a bit of a resi geek. But i think resi should go back to its zombie roots, I think the movies were shit, i'd love to see the zombie master have an input to the next resi.
  • Samael - May 8, 2010 7:40 a.m.

Sigh...I don't know. Have you seen Romero's recent stuff? Diary of the Dead was C+ at best. If we could somehow go back in time and get the Romero who had just finished making Dawn, and get him to make it, sure I'd be all for that. But modern Romero I'm not so certain...
  • FVHound - May 8, 2010 5:48 a.m.

I Liked the Resident Evil Movies, But so many people hate it because it "ruined the game" and Had nothing to do with it. No, it doesn't, they took the Universe, and made their own storyline, Still having the Umbrella corporation in it's Story (which is by far the coolest enemy science nerdy evil team ever) and made their own characters. If you want the game's storyline, PLAY THE GAME! We don't need a movie of a game we've already played where it's the same sotryline.
  • darkvare - May 8, 2010 4:42 a.m.

romero has gone downhill just like resident evil each zombie movie he has been making is worst than the last wich leads me to belive his talent sadly had an expiration date
  • DriveShaft - May 8, 2010 2:15 a.m.

Anything with George A. Romero would be epic - he could fucking remake Annie and it'd proabably be awesome! captcha: that bites - oh the irony.
  • Metroidhunter32 - May 8, 2010 1:03 a.m.

The real ingredient I'd need. Something that ACTUALLY scares the shit out of me. Resi 4? 1 moment of "Oh my god" when the dogs first attacked. Eternal Darkness? Creepy throughout, but no fear involved. Dead Space Extraction? Fear, what's that? Give me a game that will actually scare me and I'll buy 12.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - May 8, 2010 12:13 a.m.

The only time I'd appreciate Co-Op in a Resi game would be if you and your partner could both actually become zombies if attacked and bitten. Not only would this force a passable AI to come out of the works, it would add a level of panic and forced ACTUAL co-operation onto the player, instead of running away from your computer-controlled moron excuse for a sidekick while they're brandishing a way too important healing item. It would also be quite a cool mechanic to be working with too, come to think of it. A "zombie meter" that saps your health slowly and makes you worse to control, but less and less zombie food as they see you turning to one of them...
  • pingyoo - May 7, 2010 9:45 p.m.

Dude thats gonna be amazing. WOw. Lou www.anonymous-web-surfing.cz.tc
  • AgentHonor - May 7, 2010 8:34 p.m.

@db1331: After RE5 i think its a bad idea going back to a single player set-up. But i do agree that the co-op style shouldn't be just you and another person/ AI going on the same path area. If there going to make it Co-op, make it like how RE - Outbreak did it. Your free to go where ever you want in the map either alone or with a buddy to get keys/ resources etc, and meet up back to a safe zones to trade exchange items. On-line chat would be beneficial there since you can tell the other guy to go across the map to activate a gate where the chopper is and you pick him up while he defends himself at his location.
  • HMXsean - May 7, 2010 8:15 p.m.

I love Romero, up until the 90's he had directed some of the best horror movies of all time. Hell, he even created the greatest horror movie, Dawn of the Dead. But you can't say that his latest stuff is as good as his old stuff. Since Land of the Dead it's all been down hill. I think this may be because zombies are all people want him to do, he may have just sold out a little to appease his fans. But if he can bring something new to zombies, why not use them?
  • evilgoat420 - May 7, 2010 7:57 p.m.

Romero is completely over rated, and bitcrusherrr is right, survival does not equal good res. All of Romero's new stuff just shows how out of touch with it he is. Granted the original 3 were amazing and my favs, even day of the dead but just because this man created the modern zombie doesn't mean he is the grandmaster at all things zombies. Res just needs to go back to a mix of survival horror and actual zombies, with story lines that make some sense. I enjoyed 4 and 5 but I miss the days of thinking hmmm do i run past this zombie now and worry about him later because I don't have the ammo, or knife? Also, yes fuck you Paul W.S. Anderson, fuck you.
  • spencerisgod1990 - May 7, 2010 7:13 p.m.

Yes a Resident Evil 6 by George Romero would be cool, but if its a success he would make sequels that are losing quality each time, like his movies.
  • PaulWAnderson - May 7, 2010 7:11 p.m.

No, FUCK YOU!
  • bitcrusherrrr - May 7, 2010 6:24 p.m.

All im gonna say is go watch survival of the dead and then try saying that he'd make a good resident evil game.