• NotPanicked - July 1, 2011 2:30 a.m.

oh. never mind my earlier comment. i thought you meant 2 ds zeldas in 2 years as in a yearly release. We did get 2 ds zeldas in two years, one at the very beginning of "year one" and the other at the end of "year two". We did get a year off. I should have known not to doubt you. Sorry if i caused any confusion. Also, this was a great article.
  • Crabhand - July 1, 2011 2:29 a.m.

I was afraid you guys were going to rag hard on Majora's Mask (my personal fav). But your points are valid, so I don't need to take it as a personal attack by impersonal forces. And fuck Crossbow Training, I feel like such a jackass for even having the Wii Zapper. Useless hunk of plastic.
  • HeroOfLegend - July 1, 2011 2:20 a.m.

I love both of the DS games, honestly. Wind Waker is my favorite in the series, with A Link to the Past coming in second. The Wind Waker Trilogy, as I'll call it, has three of my favorite "sidekicks" in the franchise. The King of Red Lions, Ciela (and Linebeck), and Zelda are all completely awesome.
  • mastersword369 - July 1, 2011 2:15 a.m.

CDI ZELDA IS MY FAVORITE.
  • AirickG - July 1, 2011 2:13 a.m.

I almost just died laughing while listening to that "faces of evil" intro!
  • NotPanicked - July 1, 2011 2:09 a.m.

There werent two ds zeldas in 2 years. Phantom Hourglass came out in fall 2007 and Spirit Tracks came out in December 2009. Roughly the same amount of time that there was between Oot and MM and less time than there was between zelda 1 and 2, yet you don't fault those games for it. I understand your point though, i cant even finish phantom hourglass because of the stupid touch controls.
  • fullmetallegend - July 1, 2011 1:49 a.m.

Ah, what am I saying? It's the memories that make a game your favorite! Just not technically "the best"... or is the best technically your favorite? @_@
  • FlashDancerElite - July 1, 2011 1:45 a.m.

I still feel like Link's Awakening doesn't get enough credit for what it achieved. The last two dungeons feature some of the hardest puzzles in the Zelda canon and the story is both fascinating and memorable. Instead of a clear-cut distinction between good and evil, Links Awakening featured shades of gray that still have yet to be replicated in a Zelda story (except for perhaps Twilight Princess).
  • fullmetallegend - July 1, 2011 1:45 a.m.

I am currently playing ALTTP for the first time. (I'm about halfway through) I think most of the "best Zelda ever" comes from nostalgia. I will not deny that it is a very enjoyable and great entry, but I like many of the 2-D Zelda's better. =/ I know it's just opinion, but it still feels like one of those games that is looked at with too much nostalgia. I'm currently playing through all the Zelda games in a row (In no real order), to see which one is truly the most fun. (They all hold up really really well, except for you Zelda II)
  • IAmARobotWhoTurnsIntoATruckAndIFindNoLevityInThis - July 1, 2011 1:34 a.m.

I really wanted the reason why Spirit Tracks is to worst to just be the train.
  • Fady2Hotty - July 1, 2011 1:27 a.m.

in Majoras mask you could play the song of time backwards which slowed down time so you wouldnt have to rush through the dungeons.
  • paganpoet - July 1, 2011 1:23 a.m.

I pretty much agree with you. Link to the Past is the best 2D entry (as well as my favorite) and Wind Waker is the best 3D entry even in SPITE of the sea sailing and Triforce fetch quest.
  • SirCheesedip - July 1, 2011 1:21 a.m.

I loled at the fact CD-i Zelda has nothing positive about it, especially since it's true.
  • flare149 - July 1, 2011 1:13 a.m.

I played Link's Awakening first, and I guess that explains why the gameboy ones are my favorite as opposed to the 3D ones. Generally I found the 3D to be easier, since you have more control and using the shield is much easier. Plus I always thought the puzzles of Ages and Seasons were much better (again, also due to their difficulty)
  • Rubberducky - July 1, 2011 1:08 a.m.

Links crossbow training?? This is the first I've ever heard of it! You guys need to do FAPs on everything since the SNES days since that was the last Zelda I played...