• paulhenkelman - October 6, 2013 8:02 p.m.

Sonic Rush Pokemon Trading Card Game Ace Attorney series
  • Zzombie99 - October 6, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Armored Core series
  • injustice45 - October 6, 2013 10:39 a.m.

My underrated soundtracks are: Tekken 4 Vampire Savior Street Fighter III: New Generation/2nd Impact Street Fighter Alpha 3 Super Street Fighter II Turbo--it seems like an odd choice, but everyone raves about the CPS1 soundtracks from Street Fighter II, giving the CPS2 sound no love.
  • sleepyMexican45 - October 6, 2013 1:46 a.m.

Metroid Prime!
  • Shnubby - October 6, 2013 11:34 a.m.

100% read your comment in a Dracula accent.
  • flipped100 - October 5, 2013 9:41 p.m.

Chrono Cross. Hands down.
  • sleepyMexican45 - October 6, 2013 12:15 p.m.

good man.
  • suicidali - October 5, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Ridge Racer Type 4 Pokemon Trading Card Game Street Fighter Alpha 3 Can't think of anything else that isn't licensed or underrated...
  • wladodragovic - October 5, 2013 11:39 a.m.

Honestly... I can think of so many AAMAAAZING soundtracks that not even big gamers know anything about. Among the best are definitely: Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2, Chrono Cross, Street Fighter EX+Alpha, etc... I could rant about this all day! Big love to the soundtracks of Bastion, Donkey Kong Country, Mortal Kombat 2,3, Street Fighter 2, Age of Mythology, Warcraft 2... Damn, so much awesomeness and so much nostalgia. :')
  • ShadeOfLight - October 5, 2013 5:51 a.m.

So what do we consider an "underrated" soundtrack? Because I can think of two scenarios. Do you mean a soundtrack that most people dislike but is actually quite good? I can't think of a good example for this to be honest. I do remember some people who thought the OST to Sequence was bland, but I thought it was lots of fun. So something like that. Or do you mean a soundtrack that is universally loved but belongs to a game that few people played/remember? Like NieR's for example. NieR was never that popular, but ask anyone who has actually played it and I will guarantee you that they loved the soundtrack. Either way, I can't think off many for the first group, but the second group is easier. Off the top of my head, some soundtracks that have been forgotten (along with their games) but deserve better: - Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c2hN0YCqls - Baten Kaitos Origins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKPxXRbYl6s - Muramasa: The Demon Blade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfkvwaCzplc - Sonic Colors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODArFqHbf0 - NieR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9F4rGxr9w4 - Shatter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD30b0MwpQw - and anything by Ari Pulkkinen, but mostly Trine 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCHWOUMITU I've got loads more where those came from, again depending on how broadly one interprets "underrated". Is Xenoblade, for example? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAW4xlbyu28 And now here's hoping I haven't messed up any of those links.
  • matthew-nichols - October 5, 2013 2:16 a.m.

Donkey Kong Country 2! Diddy's Kong Quest!!! Dave Wise is a god! also Banjo Kazooie!
  • GOD - October 4, 2013 10:33 p.m.

Golden Sun. I just really love the battle music and since that's something you hear on loop a lot in an RPG you either love it or hate it by the end, and even still I like hearing it. Here's a link if anyone read this and tell me if you like it as much as I do or it's just my nostalgia for the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMc40qxJK4
  • ABACADA6494 - October 4, 2013 8:57 p.m.

Gravity Rush on the Vita
  • supaMcnugget - October 4, 2013 4:03 p.m.

Okami Xenobalde Chronicles (awesome battle music!!!) Shadow of the Colossus Final Fantasy XIII
  • Outofmanyone - October 4, 2013 7:22 p.m.

The Shadow of the Colossus OST is pretty revered from what I hear from most people, but I completely agree with Okami and FFXIII. It always makes me a little sad when I see FF fans tear apart XIII's soundtrack, I know it's just ignorance but still. I would add FFXIII-2 OST in there as well, it has such wide variety and it's certainly high quality. I haven't listened to Xenoblades score yet, I'm gonna have to download that one.
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 8:50 a.m.

Point me to a good track since the main themes sound like intrascendent music. Not that is bad but it's not Decisive battle, X battle, or the man with the machine gun kind of good.
  • Outofmanyone - October 5, 2013 6:43 p.m.

All three of those are classic songs, "The Man with the Machine Gun" is one of my all time favorite battle themes. Yes, the main theme of XIII is on the calm side(if you're referring to the piano theme) but since you listed battle music.. I'd first recommend the boss battle theme "Saber's Edge", It's my personal favorite on the score, a powerful song, I think you'll enjoy it. The regular battle theme "Blinded By Light" is also a good choice. "Snows Theme" is a catchy little rock tune. "Determination" is played towards the end of the game, very good build-up and execution--another favorite. Even though they may not be as upbeat as the battle themes, here are a few more good tracks you may like; "Dust to Dust", "Fabula Nova Crystallis", "Lightning's Theme", "Will to Fight" and--if you're into jazz--"Can't Catch a Break". So, yeah, give a few of them a listen:)
  • shawksta - October 4, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Also Pokemon Rumble and Especially its sequel on 3DS Rumble Blast The music is just so unexpectedly well made and Rumble Blast is surprisingly high quality, the Battle Royale Theme in Rumble Blast is just DAAAAAAAMN
  • shawksta - October 4, 2013 2:07 p.m.

There are a lot of great games with amazing sound tracks. I liked Super Paper Mario's, it's soundtrack was bizarre and set the tone of the game's more dark and serious tone, especially when you get a Heart at the end chapter. And don't get me started on everything on Chapter 3 especially Francis
  • shawksta - October 4, 2013 2:09 p.m.

*when you get a heart at the end of a chapter