Last week PC Gamer UK magazine broke the news that Valve was soon to release a CTF version of TF2's Well map and, hey presto, it's now arrived.
The map has released with various game tweaks and fixes for the multiplayer game on PC, which include the following (as per usual, this all drips down via Steam when you restart the client):
- Added Spanish map descriptions
- Added new option to auto-save a scoreboard screenshot at the end of a map to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog
- Added more particle optimizations for mid range and low end hardware
- Updated CP_GravelPit to fix all known exploits and changed the scoring method to score per capture rather than per round
- Updated "nextlevel" CVAR to trigger a changelevel at the end of the current round (not mini-round)
- Fixed SourceTV demo recording problem
- Fixed mp_stalemate_enable not preventing Sudden Death mode on some maps
- Fixed a couple cases where player stats were not being recorded correctly
- Fixed some log entries being truncated
- Fixed crash caused by trying to import a custom player spray
- Removed the "Reset Stats" button from the Player Stats screen
The magazine described CTF_Well as “great” and said the layout of the level really suited the game mode.
PC Gamer UK additionally revealed Valve's major changes it's bringing to Team Fortress 2 in the near future, the biggest of which being unlockable weapons for classes. Head here for all the details.
Jan 28, 2008