• Galgomite - June 16, 2013 8:23 p.m.

Reggie has a point (Nintendo games are amazing), but he wants to make it sound like games on other consoles aren't any good. Companies publishing on other consoles are competing with huge swaths of software-- often excellent titles, too. Nintendo has been in a situation where (almost) no one else makes games of note for their console-- you're not going to trade in New Super Mario Bros for another 2D platformer, or Mario Kart for another party racing game, because there won't be another one.
  • pokepark7 - June 14, 2013 7:29 p.m.

well if i buy a game it has to be totally worth it now
  • Tjwoods18 - June 14, 2013 4:31 p.m.

Present me with an open world game, and I'll probably keep it forever. Nothing is worse than a linear game.
  • jsty3105 - June 14, 2013 3:26 p.m.

This article really should be one of the featured ones on the Gamesradar front page
  • Arobadope - June 14, 2013 8:38 a.m.

He hit the nail on the head, if devs stopped making generic shooter # 34, people wouldn't feel the need to trade it in. I know plenty of people who still keep a lot of their old games from the PS2/GC/N64 era because they find those games to be more fun and better than the games released now. Ah, gaming....where have you gone to?
  • PatHan-bHai - June 14, 2013 3:51 a.m.

Obviously :/
  • Sovtek - June 13, 2013 9:45 p.m.

Because honestly, eight year olds can't really tell the difference between "Super Mega Bash Mario Dance Swinger Golf Kart Party In space 28" and "Super Mega Bash Mario Dance Swinger Golf Kart Party In space 29", so they don't run out to trade in 28 for the next big thing. The kid knows, the parent knows, and everyone knows but refuses to admit, that if you play one Mario game, you played them all, so why bother trading it in? This is a different mindset form the slightly older crowd that fails to realize that this years "Call To Arms On the Super Secret Future Battlefield Soldiers of the Army's Next War to Win With Valor for Great Justice In the Name of Duty 15" will be the same as last years.
  • sharknjar - June 13, 2013 7:01 p.m.

This isn't just a quality issue, it requires an entirely different business model for most publishers. Nintendo is the only company that can rely on long-term software sales. It flies in the face of every other profit model which says, "Make huge profits as fast as possible and move on." . It's why I think Nintendo has the best long-term chances of survival.
  • Rub3z - June 13, 2013 3:45 p.m.

That's why I was so fucking mad when some of my brother's shithead friends stole my copies of Mario Party games for N64 so they could sell them for their drug money. Shit's worth more than the dollar value attached to it, man. And far more than how much inane bullshit you can poison your body with using that cash. Idiots.
  • Talvari - June 13, 2013 2:09 p.m.

Reggie for president.
  • FlyWire2 - June 13, 2013 1:07 p.m.

This guy speaks the truth, to this day I still miss playing SSBB and Wii Sports on my old white brick, which I sold for a PS3...
  • C.King - June 13, 2013 12:56 p.m.

this also explains how i turned down over $100(even for got how far he kept making offers) for my copy of mario party
  • C.King - June 13, 2013 12:49 p.m.

shit! he just explained to me why i've kept every piece of my collection, i thought i was just a hoarder/ weird.
  • mikehoncho - June 13, 2013 12:47 p.m.

He's completely missing the point of trading in games. People do it because they want money for new games and don't have the disposable income to buy them because they have other expenses. Nintendo doesn't have a problem with used games because there customers are all children and there parents buy all there games.
  • brickman409 - June 13, 2013 1:36 p.m.

Well, Nintendo doesn't annualize their games like EA or Activision. They have alot of series, but they usually have only one or two titles for each series on each console.
  • Cyberninja - June 13, 2013 4:54 p.m.

As an adult, with a 3DS and Wiiu, I have to disagree with the all their customers are children idea.
  • pjhaan - June 14, 2013 6:36 a.m.

I am a nearly 40 year old parent and I do buy all of the games. However, I buy them for ME to play on MY systems. I do let my kids play them as well. I upgraded to a Wii U and a 3DS but kept my Wii and DS for the kids. I keep every one of my Nintendo games. I kept my PS2 for a long time and finally sold it because I just never played it. All my Nintendo systems and games are played on frequently. Their content is great and, at least to me, is fairly timeless. A lot of it (not all) ages very well and stands the test of time.
  • denis-giron - June 14, 2013 12:30 p.m.

Well that was one amazingly dumb comment
  • jsty3105 - June 14, 2013 3:25 p.m.

And you completely missed his point.