Topics

Best of GR

• BigDaddyPopsicle - June 29, 2014 10:52 a.m.

Minecraft is coming to XBox One in August http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-minecraft-xbox-one-edition-announce
  • Shigeruken - June 9, 2014 9:09 p.m.

"Rise of the Tomb Raider" What a ridiculous title. Still looking forward to it though.
  • xyonnailo - March 22, 2014 3:42 p.m.

Why do you "game journalists" do such ridiculous pieces? Aren't most of these multi-platform? Why not Say the top 9 Xbox games and quit trying to pad it. I can't even tell if its actually 9, because some of the 9 I'm just not even interested in looking at.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2014 10:38 a.m.

Fun fact: not everyone who owns an Xbox One also owns every other console, and some crazy people might even use their system to play multi-platform games.
  • qualopec_1 - June 10, 2014 12:25 a.m.

Well said Sir, I agree with you completely.
  • qualopec_1 - June 10, 2014 12:32 a.m.

That you are interested on those games, that is you taste but not everybody is you, and you sure you read the same article everybody else did?
  • oliver-chouinard - March 9, 2014 6:38 p.m.

What about the evil within dying light Batman arkam knight
  • kevin-mercado - February 16, 2014 9:03 p.m.

Will own them all
  • Stivic-Ind.32 - February 14, 2014 1:40 p.m.

But yo people, where is The WItcher 3 ?!?!?! and Dark Souls 2 ( ok Dark souls is moree expected on PS4)
  • kevin-mercado - February 16, 2014 9:26 p.m.

Isn't Dark Souls the Multi-plat with fans from both consoles, you could be thinking of Demon Souls .
  • Stivic-Ind.32 - February 17, 2014 12:09 a.m.

Yes they are both Multi-plat.
  • tim-tolo - March 9, 2014 7:01 p.m.

Demon Souls was not on the xbox, And From software has not decided if Dark souls 2 is coming to the next gen yet or not. As right no it is only slated for Xbox 360 and PS3, with PC TBA.
  • andrew-owens - March 9, 2014 3:28 p.m.

Dark Souls two is not on the new Gen. It is on both PS3 and Xbox 360 but neither of the next gens.
  • treeroy - February 13, 2014 2:11 p.m.

No Dragon Age or Witcher?
  • JoeMulvihill1 - December 24, 2013 4:52 a.m.

Personally I'm looking forward to Titanfall, Halo 5 and Watch Dogs the most. I love first person shooters and although I have Battlefield 4 and it's amazing, I'm unable to get my arena shooter fix yet thanks to the Call of Duty series becoming stale (they seriously need a CoD 4 HD Remake). Hopefully Titanfall is as good as everyone says it is and that Halo 5 lives up to the series, because I fudging love Halo. Open world games are my favourite genre though and Ubisoft make incredible games so I am very excited for Watch Dogs as well. I'm also really looking forward to Project Spark and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. I love finding out how uncreative I am when playing these kinda games and just not caring because of how user friendly yet expansive they are. Project Spark looks like there will be a lot of interesting creations in the community and it's free! Hopefully the game is more similar to the PC than the 360 version in Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. I'm just not someone who can get into PC gaming and just want to sit on the floor and play the best version of Minecraft on my Xbox. I also look forward to The Division, Quantum Break and The Witcher 3, I just need to know more about them beside they're beautiful and from good developers. Destiny and Metal Gear Solid V both look good but I'm not that hyped over either. Destiny is from Bungie and that's reason enough to buy it, but I'm not to sure just yet, and I've never been into the MGS franchise but from what I've seen so far, MGSV does look very good. I guess I'll just have to wait for more information on both before I make a decision. The VGX gameplay trailer for Thief also makes it look good, but I wasn't that big of a fan of Dishonoured, so I'm unsure on that as well. I also want The Amazing Spider-man 2 because I love Spider-man games, i just hope i can swing from building to building in this version. Sunset Overdrive also looks interesting from what I've seen so far. If Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge 2 are released in 2014 I would get them straight away. Likewise if they made South Park: The Stick of Truth for the Xbox One. It would be a huge shame to see it flop from it releasing on the old generation of consoles too late. Wow, it's going to be an expensive year, and this isn't the definitive list of what I'll own so who knows how many games I'll have by 2015. Lets just pray Microsoft sort out the digital prices for their games and offer plenty of sales and discounts and that Games with Gold eventually gives us some Newish AAA titles.
  • smurfer - November 30, 2013 2:15 p.m.

I miss the days of gaming when everyone would just chill and play the games they wanted to and would talk about the joy they had with their favorite titles instead of shitting on everything months before any actual time with the product. This is a positive article with a lot of cool stuff and all this negativity from the gaming community in the comments about their own hobby is abhorrent and shameful. Good read i enjoyed the article, thanks GR
  • chris-corneille - November 30, 2013 1:50 a.m.

I've been an all round gamer since the late eighties but an Xbox player since 2002, and have never been so disappointed. I've read for many hours about both next-gen consoles and have felt little excitement for either. I went to see my mates Xbox One, the vehicles in Forza 5 are pristine lush but the environment is piss poor (2D texturing on 7th gen console WTF!?). Personally this list is mediocre at best, it's nothing a hardcore gamer hasn't seen before. Some might say we expect too much, but then Sony and Microsoft shouldn't dress it as 'a good time to be a gamer'. Let's face it, hardcore gaming isn't the future, it's gonna be peripherals and subscriptions all the way. Cynical, maybe? But consoles are advertised like phones now, 'you can't live without this device or you going to miss out on living'.
  • macrm32 - November 29, 2013 7:18 p.m.

When I read the title, I was thinking of exclusives only (not counting games that have a PC version).
  • death4us - November 29, 2013 5:42 p.m.

Looks like another bad year for games on consoles lol
  • udUbdaWgz - November 29, 2013 6:25 p.m.

i agree/ in fact, re-read the list while recognizing how many games actually involve new and original ip's.