Dead Island: Riptide held the No.1 position on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended May 11. Despite a 55 per cent drop in sales, the zombie sequel became only the second game of 2013 to retain the top spot for three consecutive weeks, the first being BioShock Infinite.
Retailer price promotions helped Black Ops 2 jump four places to No.2, while fellow former chart-toppers Tomb Raider, Injustice: Gods Among Us and FIFA 13 rounded off the top five. The week's highest new entries were the retail version of The Walking Dead and Persona 4 Arena, which debuted at No.9 and No.11 respectively.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- BioShock Infinite (Take-Two)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
- The Walking Dead (Telltale)
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)