Topics

Top 7

• Redeater - November 5, 2012 11:51 p.m.

AC3. I don't want to spoil anything but the villain was 30x more interesting than dull old Connor. His dying speech was pretty great.
  • chriszewski - November 5, 2012 10:52 p.m.

I was surprised Kane was so low at #5... then i finished the article and realized why. Well played GR. Never cared much for wesker or RE in general myself, but i understand the appeal.
  • Vincent Wolf - November 5, 2012 10:51 p.m.

Here we having this awesome list, minus couple character I don't know, but MOSTLY awesome, like Wesker, oh yeah he shoulda been first actually, because he's SO much better, cooler and infinitely more awesome than this retard Chris, then Sephiroth who's well probably more likable than Cloud, yes, not like I have anything except Cloud. And then GlaDOS, totally agree, fantastic character, so much more likable than mute main heroine. And then you had to ruin it ALL by making some Andrew Ryan on top spot. Lame. Really lame.
  • Green_Shade - November 5, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Voryn Dagoth from Morrowind, *SPOILERS, if anyone cares* how many villains start a communist, zombie apocalypse and then decide to rebuild a gigantic god powered robot? Aside from that, he was a far more honest and good friend to the character's previous incarnation than his other friends, who conspired (and succeeded) to kill him.*END SPOILERS*
  • Hobogonigal - November 5, 2012 7:52 p.m.

I agree. I will always remember the Andrew Ryan speech at the beginning of Bioshock 1. From that point I knew that the game would be something special and it didn't disappoint! Great list Sullivan, keep it up!
  • Killshot - November 5, 2012 7:47 p.m.

Love seeing Ryan again i hope he shows up in the next 2 bioshock games.
  • Silverstone - November 5, 2012 6:47 p.m.

I'm really diggin' Sullivan Top 7's! Also I have a minor complaint of sorts. I don't know about anyone else, but Top 7's are kind of ruined by the slideshow feature as I can see the pictures of number one when I'm on number four and it kind of takes away from a bit of shock value that I like when reading these articles. Not a big deal, just saying.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:09 a.m.

agree w/ you about the slides.
  • J-Fid - November 6, 2012 5:36 a.m.

I already mentioned that about the slides a long time ago, got no response. Totally agree though.
  • Mattel9 - November 5, 2012 6:40 p.m.

I gotta go with Fawful on this one. He's only my favorite part of the Mario & Luigi series.
  • secher_nbiw - November 5, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Did anyone else think Handsome Jack sounds like H Jon Benjamin?
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:11 a.m.

no. no one does. because he doesn't.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 5, 2012 5:12 p.m.

There's a couple more that I can think of (personal opinion): The Jackal from Far Cry 2 Joker in Arkham Asylum/City Haytham from AC3 (Connor is a bit dull) Officer Tenpenny from GTA: San Andreas Agent Hudson from Black Ops
  • CitizenWolfie - November 5, 2012 5:14 p.m.

Oh, and how could I forget Ganondorf?!
  • bebl09 - November 8, 2012 5:33 p.m.

+1 for Tenpenny, Samuel Jackson doing the voice just made the character even better.
  • Jacko415 - November 5, 2012 5:04 p.m.

That Andrew Ryan scene... the crowning achievement of videogame story telling thus far.
  • obviouslyadouche - November 5, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Mark hamill as Joker was so good in both the arkahm games. He always has the perfect mix between the jokes and the just pure outright insanity.
  • PoisonWar - November 5, 2012 2:54 p.m.

I just have to say, Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. He was such a complex villan, had a great backstory, always calm and collected until the very last moment.