Topics

7 Top

• ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 2, 2012 12:14 p.m.

Well Silph Co. isn't the only big corporation. There's also the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City in Gen III. Although I suppose two mega-corporations ruling the world isn't much better than one.
  • Pwnage19 - April 2, 2012 12:28 p.m.

Wrong. Two is immensely better than one. It creates competition. Competition is a good thing. A monopoly is bad.
  • slimjim441 - April 2, 2012 2:35 p.m.

He's right about that one.^ But are they really a competitor, or is this like comparing Wal-Mart to your local general store?
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 2, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Coop, I've been reading your tweets about today's top 7 and I've got to say, you don't disappoint. Great one. I was laughing throughout.
  • nighthawk205 - April 2, 2012 12:05 p.m.

#9 lol
  • minigamer83 - April 2, 2012 11:43 a.m.

Milktank hamburgers all around!
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 11:38 a.m.

Can't tell if first pic from Pokemon or Castlevania Judgement
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 11:44 a.m.

I have to ask. I don't know shit all about Pokemon but is that James in the bikini? Do we have another Birdo/Poison thing now? Like I said I know very little about Pokemon but I do recall that team rocket had a guy that looked suspiciously like the lass on the right sans boobs.
  • FemJesse - April 2, 2012 11:48 a.m.

No, its Jamiqua. Jezebels lesbian girlfriend.
  • azureguy - April 2, 2012 1:13 p.m.

It should be noted that this picture is from a specific scene that was cut out because it's a bit too much for small children. James is just using a fake bra and boobs, but the animation let it look like it's real and... well, it was the 90's, this was a no-go anyway. 4 Kids even skipped an entire episode because an old man is trying scare the trio off his farm and points a long-barrel shotgun at them. That was too much for youngsters too.
  • ParagonT - April 2, 2012 11:27 a.m.

Good read, I like these sort of things.
  • Nap1400 - April 2, 2012 11:20 a.m.

Guys, if you're going to make a Top 7 about Pokemon, don't use the anime for screenshots. PLEASE.
  • FemJesse - April 2, 2012 11:22 a.m.

Why not? I don't think the games properly communicate the disturbingness of it all. And it's about the overall franchise, after all.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 11:25 a.m.

The games are too low-res themselves, and there are only so many images I can use from Pokemon Snap (see: all of them).
  • Nap1400 - April 2, 2012 12:01 p.m.

Ah, alright. That I understand. It's just the anime and games are pretty far-off from each other in style. You know, with real-time gameplay compared to turn-based gameplay, much different characters (Talkative Ash vs. Silent Red), etc.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Definitely, which is why I tried not to use specific references to the shows unless it was balanced out by something from the games. Plus, that picture of Ash eating is the best.
  • BladedFalcon - April 2, 2012 3:29 p.m.

'sides, if he hadn't used pics from the show, we would have missed that hilariously pervy image of lickitung being dangerously close to Jessie's... Yeah.