Topics

7 Top

• TheValiantBob - April 2, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Also not to mention that it is physically possible for a human to turn into a pokemon. see Kakabra's original pokedex entry in Gen1 and the Mystery Dungeon games.
  • J-Fid - April 2, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Maybe I know too much about Pokemon (I know a lot), but none of these things are new, nor did they surprise me. There is an easy explanation for every one of these entires. Still, that MissingNo. slide was hilarious. Also, Lt. Surge is so awesome, he could survive any war he wanted to participate in!
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:33 p.m.

When can I play a game where I play as a Poke'mon that captures humans and makes them battle?
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:32 p.m.

Next up: Articorn A*Corn Toilette Dumpstar Poogurt T-Paste
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 2, 2012 4:31 p.m.

The last entry bumped this up from 'good' to 'fantastic'.
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:29 p.m.

Mewtwo essentially inspired Elfen Lied.
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:30 p.m.

Except you know, Elfen Lied is about a naked chick with a helmet and some girl similar to her as opposed to Mewtwo who is a naked Poke'mon wth a helmet and a Poke'mon similar to him. But they both have killer psychic powers.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 2, 2012 10:28 p.m.

I was thinking the same exact thing...
  • LEGOMatrix - April 2, 2012 4:18 p.m.

I like the idea that the world of Pokemon is virtual even within the game. The little guys are stored as data, and GameFreak consistently add a meta layer to it by appearing in their own games. And Professor Tree always breaks the fourth wall at the beginning.
  • will-goble - April 2, 2012 3:50 p.m.

in the episode from the first series when the gang gets stuck underwater in a sunken ship, there are some fish floating by that arent pokemon, even though some look like a few.....
  • GameManiac - April 3, 2012 9:49 a.m.

That disappeared almost instantly.
  • space_cakes - April 2, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Most disturbing thing: it was a little boy's dream all along. This is all his messed up subconscious! http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/forum/showthread.php/14451-The-Pokemon-Comatose-Theory.
  • Hydr0ponicK - April 2, 2012 6:21 p.m.

That's a crazy read
  • winner2 - April 2, 2012 3:41 p.m.

The ghost one with the face seems pretty messed up now that you mention it. Pitting dead peoples' spirits against each other for fun.
  • RODTheMaster - April 2, 2012 3:09 p.m.

Fantastic Top 7, Coop. Great Job!
  • robotdickens - April 2, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I think the fact that the whole entire game is based upon "befriending" ancient creatures with incredible powers and then beating them up, throwing a ball at them, taking them away from their families so I can pit them against another person who's done the same thing to a poor little creature... Can't wait for the new Pokemon game! hahaha
  • Allusive - April 2, 2012 2:18 p.m.

this was awesome i was crackin up so much
  • Ridgley - April 2, 2012 2:07 p.m.

I've definitely read this article with the same entries before.
  • FOZ - April 2, 2012 1:50 p.m.

Just because we don't see animals doesn't mean they don't exist. That one is getting rather tired, and I mean, how do they label Pokemon the "bug pokemon" or "fish" if those don't exist outside of Pokemon? So of course there have to be normal animals.
  • DemonLabRat - April 2, 2012 2:20 p.m.

That's not really guaranteed. Otherwise you'd have an explanation for actual Dragons. When a pokemon is compared to an animal, it is done in such a way so that all players understand what they're roughly looking at, not really to suggest that there are plain old fish. (See the almighty Magikarp for instance.) There may be animals, but I don't think there are, simply because they would be pointless and there is almost no point for them, regardless of evidence of their existence. (In other words, even if someone in a game says "Did you see those Lions? They were holding the TM ROAR", I'll assume they're talking about aliens) However, I can't say the same for plants. There certainly is plain old grass.