Topics

7 Top

• robotdickens - April 2, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I think the fact that the whole entire game is based upon "befriending" ancient creatures with incredible powers and then beating them up, throwing a ball at them, taking them away from their families so I can pit them against another person who's done the same thing to a poor little creature... Can't wait for the new Pokemon game! hahaha
  • RODTheMaster - April 2, 2012 3:09 p.m.

Fantastic Top 7, Coop. Great Job!
  • winner2 - April 2, 2012 3:41 p.m.

The ghost one with the face seems pretty messed up now that you mention it. Pitting dead peoples' spirits against each other for fun.
  • space_cakes - April 2, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Most disturbing thing: it was a little boy's dream all along. This is all his messed up subconscious! http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/forum/showthread.php/14451-The-Pokemon-Comatose-Theory.
  • Hydr0ponicK - April 2, 2012 6:21 p.m.

That's a crazy read
  • will-goble - April 2, 2012 3:50 p.m.

in the episode from the first series when the gang gets stuck underwater in a sunken ship, there are some fish floating by that arent pokemon, even though some look like a few.....
  • GameManiac - April 3, 2012 9:49 a.m.

That disappeared almost instantly.
  • LEGOMatrix - April 2, 2012 4:18 p.m.

I like the idea that the world of Pokemon is virtual even within the game. The little guys are stored as data, and GameFreak consistently add a meta layer to it by appearing in their own games. And Professor Tree always breaks the fourth wall at the beginning.
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:29 p.m.

Mewtwo essentially inspired Elfen Lied.
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:30 p.m.

Except you know, Elfen Lied is about a naked chick with a helmet and some girl similar to her as opposed to Mewtwo who is a naked Poke'mon wth a helmet and a Poke'mon similar to him. But they both have killer psychic powers.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 2, 2012 10:28 p.m.

I was thinking the same exact thing...
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 2, 2012 4:31 p.m.

The last entry bumped this up from 'good' to 'fantastic'.
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:32 p.m.

Next up: Articorn A*Corn Toilette Dumpstar Poogurt T-Paste
  • Japanaman - April 2, 2012 4:33 p.m.

When can I play a game where I play as a Poke'mon that captures humans and makes them battle?
  • J-Fid - April 2, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Maybe I know too much about Pokemon (I know a lot), but none of these things are new, nor did they surprise me. There is an easy explanation for every one of these entires. Still, that MissingNo. slide was hilarious. Also, Lt. Surge is so awesome, he could survive any war he wanted to participate in!
  • TheValiantBob - April 2, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Also not to mention that it is physically possible for a human to turn into a pokemon. see Kakabra's original pokedex entry in Gen1 and the Mystery Dungeon games.
  • Funkzillabot - April 2, 2012 5:40 p.m.

The last picture. The last picture. The last picture. And that's why women love pokemon. ;)
  • Sy87 - April 2, 2012 5:42 p.m.

That all makes sense. But what about the safety for the kids that go on their travels. I know it can go under the mob thing, but how many girls go traveling with Ash and some other dude. Yeah they may seem nice, but what if some other girls team up with the wrong dudes. And of course the ones that go on their own. Plus the police don't do crap no arrests are made ever. And the weird genetic incest thing. How the hell do they the nurses and police women look the same? I think this was answered a long time ago here. How the hell do these kids get free stuff. I never seen Ash's mom work and no cash is ever seen used.
  • FemJesse - April 3, 2012 12:47 p.m.

Cloning exists in the Pokemon universe, as made evident by the first movie, and it's not unlikely that all the Joys and Jennies are clones. The really upsetting thing is how incompetent they can be sometimes. You'd think they would have cloned someone more qualified.
  • Sy87 - April 2, 2012 5:47 p.m.

Sorry, but is that blue hair chick really a dude? Cause I think I seen them dress in women's clothes before, but that is a big set. Of course I will feel stupid if you say that is photoshop by the site. Well I guess thats rule /63/ which has led to some nice versions.