Topics

7 Top

• badgraphix1 - April 2, 2012 12:18 p.m.

The one thing that bothered me was how you said that as the series goes on even inorganic things are revealed to be Pokemon, even though inorganic Pokemon have existed since the beginning.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 1:33 p.m.

Right, but what I meant is as the series go on more things that weren't Pokemon are being turned into Pokemon, which means that there's an unknown number of inorganic things that are secretly Pokemon.
  • M0mosauceRr - March 30, 2014 9:52 a.m.

yeah, remember Voltorbs & Electrodes can even 'pose' as in/conveniently occuring doppelgangers for 'item-balls' set conveniently were entrepreneuralists "in-training" can scavenge off said megalithic-epic companies and their conveniently "non-subordinate" resident invading terrorist group(s?) --Hoping for more than two in one these entries/or better planned out than than the excessively overt 'Land v. Sea eco-washouts of Gen. 3 bickering over the will-and-soul of the elements trope (how many 'Day-After-Tomorrows do we need, Right!) ..Well maybe there should be an legendary formed out of disposables and detritus existent in the Indian and pacific sea exchanges... Maybe an Darkrai x Manafi/Amphione x Lugia hybrid?-- sheese, don't these poke-worlders have any idea the plight of recycling abstaining, poke-ball effusing trainers effects on our world(s?). Oh the un-Humanity, the UN-Humanity, why, oh why must we throw our Full Heals and Super Potions to oppressed but-sometimes League-endorsed cavernous landfills of our probably not internationally protected pokemon refuges so, so, so Willy Nilly! Because Like good old Prof. oak used to say, a Protein wasted, is a healthy, wealthy tenure earned. ah, doesn't it radiate magnificent romance and concern for cohabititive, even naturistic :)needs... maybe not.
  • yugebo - April 2, 2012 12:36 p.m.

You forgot that there are NO TOILETS!!
  • rxb - April 2, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Top top 7 Cooper. Missing no. made me laugh.
  • shawksta - April 2, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Awesome list Cooper, especially the pictures. One thing thats disturbing is just how morbid the descriptions of some Pokemon are in the games. Banette trying to hunt down its old owner, Mismagius being able to F*ck up your mind anyway it wants, Muk being a walking abomination of poisonous garbage that will disease you, theyre more disturbing than the game makes them look.
  • BladedFalcon - April 2, 2012 3:25 p.m.

Not to mention Cubone, who wears the skull of it's deceased mother or parent... Also, i don't remember where, but I am pretty sure someone made a picture or list of pokemon that according to their pokedex entires, could do things that break the law of current physics as we know them XD
  • shawksta - April 2, 2012 3:40 p.m.

Exactly and as Cooper stated about yamask's mask being the face of the person who died. I know exactly what your talking about but my minds blank right now, some pokemons descriptions are just ridiculous.
  • M0mosauceRr - March 30, 2014 8:44 a.m.

I'd consider entries like that to prove that they are 'lower-vibrational' remnants, referring to the 'Pocket Mons are extra-dimensional, energetic entities all, at their core(s). But I'd suspect that Yamask is inspired by the rituals of some proto-arcane early Macronesian/Malay/South-Asian/South American/African -style hoodoo, voodoo, and when there are practicioners of modern-day voodoo chemistry and such, and some Java-n and islanders tribes will continue to incur canabalism as punishment upon rival tribes.. ...Well, no that settle my nerves any more than it would an 11 or 12 -year old communicating/ trading with their pen -peeps from those regions. Just don't describe the sensation that occurs when you stare at a candy PEEP for two long a time. Now THAT is unnerving situation... Yeah i threw this ghost Poke -thing for a loop, huh?
  • M0mosauceRr - March 30, 2014 9:21 a.m.

Sorry, I meant that I recall a documentary or article about such practices involving yams and root carbohydrates as their medium as being the storing/backdrop for inspiring such Dex data. By the way, I don't believe I'd be incorrect in mentioning that seing as yamask is a 5th-gen. monster, and Unova is purportedly based around the New York/ New England coast-erly region, in part at least, that perhaps tribes native to inland/ mountainous surrounding regions may have been known to do the same. But I always guessed it was a more Korean-or-Shanghai, or whatever minor or major sister-cities to the Chuugoku resort prefecture type of realm... So I can only surmise what kinds of terror these existential mischief-makers have perposed upon big-wig elite four-ist types around the world carrying within them enormous guilt for the long hours of baggage-filled psychosis after their last relationship/ marriage went a little-too-sour and and eschewing the company of their loved ones for long.. They go on insane binge of sugar soda souped-up anarchic industry demeaning exploits, and end making sacrifice to the demeter, the last goddes they could think of with the letters for "med" for a name.. as in the medical attention that he she needs to ward off hundreds of ghost creatures that are captured, prancing around wild, or inter-breeding w/ other delicioussly occult vibrational beings by their friends, cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and ode thine will my old buddy old pal Haunter, lets have ourselves that last dream binge and at last take away "that old Ball and Chain" ... enter your Nintendo and/or Pokemon related meme heeeere- x_____ 'Needs help with weight-press workouts when he binges on Morning/Late'-night nerding like this...
  • samsneeze - April 2, 2012 4:08 p.m.

GamesRadar had a feature about it. Two of them, actually. http://www.gamesradar.com/the-most-disturbing-pokemon-of-all-time/ http://www.gamesradar.com/the-creepiest-new-pokemon-from-black-and-white/
  • profile0000 - April 2, 2012 1:14 p.m.

Excellent article, Coop. Very insightful and entertaining. Keep it up
  • ombranox - April 2, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Uh... well, Silph Co is only really a monopoly in Kanto and Johto. Those are basically provinces in a larger country. As mentioned before, Devon Co has a lock o Hoenn, while I always thought that Unova and Sinnoh just had an unnamed corporation acting as monopoly, or even *gasp* a competitive economy.
  • McSpermie - April 2, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Great article, loved the bit about Missingno. Keep doing what you do Cooper, I love it.
  • BrunDeign - April 2, 2012 1:46 p.m.

You forgot to add in the legendary section that you can capture what literally amounts to the "God" of the Pokemon world. I can't remember its name at the moment, but I'm pretty damn sure its the big capital-G.
  • Cyberninja - April 2, 2012 2:12 p.m.

Yup Arcues created sinnoh at the very least maybe even the whole universe.
  • SomeOddGuy - April 2, 2012 2:14 p.m.

I do believe you're referring to Arceus, whose description tells of it creating practically everything in existence. Hard to imagine how powerful legendaries have gotten since the original saga.
  • FOZ - April 2, 2012 1:50 p.m.

Just because we don't see animals doesn't mean they don't exist. That one is getting rather tired, and I mean, how do they label Pokemon the "bug pokemon" or "fish" if those don't exist outside of Pokemon? So of course there have to be normal animals.
  • DemonLabRat - April 2, 2012 2:20 p.m.

That's not really guaranteed. Otherwise you'd have an explanation for actual Dragons. When a pokemon is compared to an animal, it is done in such a way so that all players understand what they're roughly looking at, not really to suggest that there are plain old fish. (See the almighty Magikarp for instance.) There may be animals, but I don't think there are, simply because they would be pointless and there is almost no point for them, regardless of evidence of their existence. (In other words, even if someone in a game says "Did you see those Lions? They were holding the TM ROAR", I'll assume they're talking about aliens) However, I can't say the same for plants. There certainly is plain old grass.
  • samsneeze - April 2, 2012 4:13 p.m.

I'm certain that there are only Pokemon in the Pokemon Universe. Just because they have a general term for a type of Pokemon doesn't mean they have actual insects as we know them. It all depends on how their classification system works, which I suspect is similar to ours. Maybe. I'm not a Bio major so I wouldn't be sure. Or rather, just because spiders and ants are both bugs, it doesn't mean they are the same thing just that they share similar characteristics with one another, if that makes sense.
  • Ridgley - April 2, 2012 2:07 p.m.

I've definitely read this article with the same entries before.
  • Allusive - April 2, 2012 2:18 p.m.

this was awesome i was crackin up so much