Topics

Top 7

• Sjoeki - July 30, 2012 12:37 p.m.

2 games from the same company? I'm a big square fan but lately I really don't understand what they are doing.
  • ThatGamerDude - July 30, 2012 12:53 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't cancelled following an aforementioned twitter post by another user and also that KHIII doesn't really fit on this list because development for it couldn't start until FF: Versus XIII was finished. As for a game I hope wasn't cancelled that wasn't on this list, I would probably go for is Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots since I haven't heard anything about it in forever and actually looked forward to it.
  • Cyberninja - July 30, 2012 1:28 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts 3 does not belong on this list because it was never officially announced, like even in the paragraph you say it isn't announced, so by definition it isn't mia, that spot could have gone to anything else like maybe Persona 5 a game that actually was announced. Also it is asking to much for just KH 3, I will be blunt in saying BbS and 3D are better then 2 and anyother game in the series, yet they get no credit from you just because they are handheld games and aren't called KH 3. In short I find it really childish to include a game on a list of Mia games because people assumed it would be coming out this generation when it wasn't even announced. also moved to next gen isn't canceled by definition but then again I am talking about a game that hasn't been announced.
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 30, 2012 1:47 p.m.

I would hate to Versus XIII get thrown to the curb, I don't think it will happen though. I hear a lot of good things about Beyond Good and Evil, so I think I'm going to pick it up, it will give me another game to hope for in the future :D
  • RedHarlow - July 30, 2012 1:55 p.m.

Team Fortress 2 didn't come out until 8 years after it was announced and was thought for a while to be vaporware, so there's still hope for Half Life 3. Episode 2 only came out 5 years ago.
  • Bealeki - July 30, 2012 2:34 p.m.

I surely can't be the only person that is wondering when the hell we will see a follow up Star Wars Battlefront game!?! I know, I know, we've seen the hour or so of (again) 'leaked' footage, but when will we actually see some progress and some promise that it'll see the light of day! With LucasArts now developing Star Wars 1313, and the fact that it's looking decidedly 'next Gen', it appears this is their focus and we won't actually see anything for a long while. Battlefront, IMO, could be the only game to take the multiplayer crown away from the likes of CoD and Battlefield. Imagine it, Call of Duty with a Star Wars setting! Throw in epic space battles and vehicle play and you've got yourself one helluva game! Battlefront III should definitely be in the 'Please don't be cancelled' wishlist.
  • christian-shaffer - July 30, 2012 2:50 p.m.

That's been cancelled for quite some time now. You can thank LucasArts and their ignorant decision making for that one. I'm not reffering to the development team either.
  • Yukichin - July 30, 2012 3:11 p.m.

What are you talking about? We've definitely seen Versus gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 30, 2012 6:40 p.m.

Whoops! Made the change, sorry! Totally forgot about that clip.
  • FOZ - July 30, 2012 3:12 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts III doesn't even exist yet, and there's a new one coming out like, right now. It belongs in a list of "Games that need to be made instead of 4 additional side stories," where it would probably be #1. There's no way Valve is making Episode 3. Even Portal 2 didn't take this long to make, and that had numerous incredibly creative new ideas. If anything it needs to be "canceled" officially, so we can get Half-Life 3.
  • archnite - July 30, 2012 4:25 p.m.

The assumption is that Half Life 3 will be on a new engine, meaning Portal 2 or CSGO would be the last game on the current Source. Hopefully that explains the time its been taking and with HL3 we will get a deluge of new Valve goodness
  • Darkhawk - July 30, 2012 3:17 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus is, easily, my single all-time favourite video game. I bought a PS3 in anticipation of Last Guardian. Please, Sony, pull it together. Let the delays and creative problems do for Last Guardian what it did for Apocalypse Now (and not, say, what it did for Ishtar).
  • into the sound - July 30, 2012 4:49 p.m.

Oh man, I hope they make a Dynasty Warriors sequel! But that'll probably never happen. Seriously though, how about Chulip 2? Haha
  • TheMaxassin - July 30, 2012 7:53 p.m.

I am still on the edge of my seat for Mirror's Edge 2. I do a search twice a month for news...
  • nickbraam - July 30, 2012 8:08 p.m.

Knights of the old republic 3?
  • Balaska - July 30, 2012 10:59 p.m.

KoTOR 3 is out, it's called The Old Republic.
  • ChiChiRocket - July 30, 2012 8:30 p.m.

Just dropped in to make sure The Last Guardian was on the list.
  • codystovall - July 30, 2012 9:01 p.m.

Prey 2 is the only that interest me(ive lost all faith in KH 3 whether or not it comes out I dont care anymore) as I wanna game with aliens that isnt mass effect I just want more gamecube titles ported/sequeled or remade for 3ds.
  • Pwnz0r3d - July 30, 2012 10:24 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts is in extremely early pre-production. The team even stated they won't focus on the game until Versus XIII is done. HL3 is still in development. Have people forgotten the time between HL1 and 2? Here's a hint; 6 years. And look how RADICALLY different those games are. And I'm pretty sure they admitted that Beyond Good and Evil 2 won't see the current generation of consoles.
  • tichtat - July 31, 2012 6:15 p.m.

Half life 2 came out more than 6 years ago.