Topics

Top 7

• freeden - June 14, 2014 9:26 a.m.

Knew about Sleeping Dogs. I remember when they began reporting on True Crime: Hong Kong and even the demo they had of it. And it makes sense that Halo was first touted about for Apple. Bungie got it's start on Mac and Marathon was one of the few Mac exclusive series to become well known.
  • Imgema - April 7, 2014 11:22 p.m.

Conker of course. Originally it was a typical, cute, "kiddy" game. There's even a 30 minute gameplay Video.
  • Bullseye91 - April 7, 2014 1:32 p.m.

"Dead Space… was original a System Shock sequel"...... That doesn't make sense. Use proper grammar Gamesradar!
  • LittleGreen - February 26, 2014 6:50 p.m.

I knew about the Star Fox Adventures one and that's about it
  • g1rldraco7 - January 18, 2013 7:46 a.m.

I had no idea about these, very good read I say and I feel better knowing :)
  • GoldenEagle1476 - January 17, 2013 12:24 p.m.

Very interesting, the only one I knew about was Halo.
  • Killingjoke - January 16, 2013 9:20 p.m.

Love these articles. Very informative I already knew about Star Fox and REsident Evil/Devil May Cry but the others I had no idea.
  • archnite - January 15, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Ironic about RE4/DMC considering the turn Resident Evil has made with RE6. Too mad they didn't do the same to make something else. Because everything I find wrong with RE6 is trying to make it an RE game and not just a slippy-slidy shooter.
  • ZenRobot - January 14, 2013 10:45 p.m.

mind=blown about this Dead Space theory.
  • BladedFalcon - January 14, 2013 10:20 p.m.

Interesting article, I was aware of a few of these, but certainly not about Doom, Halo, or Dead Space. Which, like I explained in a reply below, kinda explains why I felt like Dead Space had such a similar structure to Bioshock back when I first played it. Not combat-wise of course, but I kept feeling a "been here, done that" from the progression of the game, specially since you explore big, yet still isolated, specialized areas or "Levels" that you traverse to via a transportation vehicle, and said areas had similar themes or purposes, again, like I mentioned below, a medical area, a garden area... etcetera. Not to mention... the protagonist is a silent character that eventually is revealed to be not quite right in the head, and that at least some of the people he has been interacting to have been manipulating him for their own reasons/purposes... So yeah, I'm very glad I read this article, now I know why I kept seeing and feelings those similarities XD
  • tobbii-karlsson - January 14, 2013 6:35 p.m.

I don't buy DS being System Shock 3, and here's why. System Shock 3 by EA Redwood (Visceral) was announced in August 2006, but we have prototype gameplay of the Xbox 1 release of Dead Space that's dated before that yet still called "Dead Space. So, yeah, that's a rumor I don't buy. If anything going by Ken Levine's comment last year EA still has their potential System Shock 3 in development hell but just don't care about it.
  • BladedFalcon - January 14, 2013 10:03 p.m.

Problem with your theory is that the first Dead Space totally feels like a Bioshock game set in space- so, you know, System Shock. Actually, that's one of the reasons why I kinda didn't like the first Dead Space very much when I played it. The pacing, the level structure, how you interact with people and the world in the almost exact same way, How you proceed area to area via an isolated transportation device. Heck, even some of the stages were eerily similar. A medical bay level? Check, Garden Level? Also check. Way too many coincidences, and they are perfectly explained if you consider Dead Space as originally being planned as a game of the same franchise.
  • BladedFalcon - January 14, 2013 10:11 p.m.

Oh! and also, you are wrong, Dead space was first announced on September of 2007. Not to mention, the supposed "footage" of that Dead Space prototype is completely bogus. It's not backed neither officially, nor by any magazine, website or publication with any kind of validity, not to mention, that while it has a few differences, the game in the video still pretty much looks and feels like a next gen game, and impossible that the footage shown could be done in the first xbox in real time. So yeah... try to get your facts straight next time, okay?
  • Valkenhayn1 - January 15, 2013 4:52 p.m.

Try to be less of a fucking douchebag next time, okay?
  • The_Ouroboros - January 29, 2013 1:12 p.m.

Ha, you must be new. It's what he does.
  • BloodWake - October 30, 2014 5:41 p.m.

Yeah. he's a good dude, but also a effing grump.