Topics

Top 7

• Japanaman - October 23, 2012 4:56 p.m.

If you ask me, The Granstream Saga was a giant guilt trip that made you feel even moreguilty no matter what ending you got. There is no true happiness with that game. You are a reincarnated murderer who doesn't find that out until after you kill dozens of soldiers. Then at the end of the game, you find out your were essentially the Antichrist of the past and now you have to kill the Antichrist of the new period of time. You beat the boss and you still have to kill one of your friends. Kill one and you find out you saved the world, but your past is totally ruined. If you kill the other, you return to the past and hope you don't become the Antichrist again. ONE GIANT GUILT TRIP OF A GAME.
  • FierceDeity - October 23, 2012 5:07 a.m.

Zelda: Link's Awakening - SPOILER Do you destroy the world, your friends and love interest to get back home or Do you save everyone and keep dreaming of paradise, knowing that it's not real? I found this decision way difficult when I was younger, I ended up thinking that actually I'd quite like to stay on Koholint with Marin, then Link would never have to face any harship again. Although I really wanted to see the ending through and I woke the Wind Fish... I really liked how for once Links morality wasn't as clear as black or white, but depicted him in shades of grey. Really made me question what the "right" thing to do was. All that depth in a Gameboy Colour cartridge too!
  • AkimboJoe - October 23, 2012 4:40 a.m.

Correction: On "The Walking Dead" entry it says "weigh the important of individual survival", It should be "weigh the importance of individual survival". Otherwise, pretty good list! Xcom's choices get easier when you take into consideration the simple balancing act of triage --that is to say, responding to the areas most ask risk of leaving the coalition. Although why any goverment would withdraw from any organization that would at least occasionally help them out (for the low low bargain price of just 80 bucks a month!) is a mystery to me. Dishonored is offering up some choices of it's own for consideration on a future list maybe?
  • zombi3grim - October 24, 2012 5:45 a.m.

Correction:"most ask risk of leaving the coalition" It should be "most at risk of leaving the coalition" Seewutididthar?
  • shadow707 - October 22, 2012 6:01 p.m.

All these choices were hard...but battle star galactica tv show had the most toughest decisions. I would like to see those incorporated into mass effect one day
  • BackwaterRifle - October 22, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Fallout New Vegas's choices were more effective on thee story
  • needles - October 22, 2012 3:56 p.m.

Do you smoke meth?
  • GR HollanderCooper - October 22, 2012 10:21 p.m.

omfg lmfao i fixed it lolol
  • Ultima - October 23, 2012 4:12 a.m.

It used to be a good site, I don't know what happened. The articles seem uninspired now and the humor is really poor. I guess the talented people must have left.
  • stuart-archer - October 23, 2012 5:06 a.m.

Then stop coming here...
  • Ultima - October 23, 2012 5:45 a.m.

I am not there, I am at home
  • zombi3grim - October 24, 2012 5:47 a.m.

And yet you still visit the site and feel the urge to comment on it. If thats not starving for attention, I dont know what is.
  • Ultima - October 26, 2012 5:55 a.m.

yes and no
  • Godina92 - October 22, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Both Infamous 1&2 have you deciding on whether to be a hero to everyone, or be a complete jackass and have a city see you as a demon "of Empire City". Fesitval of Blood dosen`t count, cuz` you need blood as a vamp.
  • archnite - October 23, 2012 3:07 p.m.

I would specifically point to the moment in the Evil Campaign of InFamous 2 where you have to kill Zeke, especially after that beer you to have together.
  • ChaosEternal - October 23, 2012 4:25 p.m.

That part killed me a little on the inside. I actually tried to reverse my karma rating so I could play the good version of the mission, but it turned out to be nearly impossible to do that with full negative karma. ;_;
  • t_skwerl - October 22, 2012 2:27 p.m.

Great article. I agree with The Walking Dead being number 1. That series forces you into some really tough decisions even early on. But, my favorite would have to be Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It's not so much a choice as part of the story, but if there's ever anything I never wanted to do in a video game... it was pulling the trigger in that field. At this point, I respected The Boss a lot and didn't consider her a villian so much as she was forced into everything most of her life. What happens later when the whole truth is revealed just makes it sadder.