• VercettisShirt - December 18, 2011 4:21 p.m.

My 1st choice would be GTA: Vice City, which gotme hooked on 80's music (mostly Pop). Also Okami for it's soothing tones and uplifting melodies.
  • egregious - November 12, 2011 6:32 a.m.

Playing the first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on Dreamcast in 2000 is how I came to discover the awesomeness of Dead Kennedys. Also, I thought it was awesome that you guys played Dream Theater during this segment on the show. :)
  • Jdub9064 - November 12, 2011 12:02 a.m.

I absolutely love the Tony Hawk soundtracks!
  • marioman50 - November 11, 2011 11:42 p.m.

Heeeeeyy, good lookin' Whaaaaatcha got cookin'? How's about cookin' somethin' up with meeeeee??
  • Craza - November 8, 2011 10:37 p.m.

Guitar Hero 3 was the biggest one for me. It opened me up to Queens of the Stone Age, which is now in my top 3 favorite bands, as well as getting into more Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rage Against the Machine. Then, after GH kick-started my love for music games, I quickly latched onto Rock Band 1 & 2 and eventually 3, which further showed me more great music and bands that I still listen to and cherish today.
  • raxafrax - November 8, 2011 9:40 p.m.

Mass Effect 1 with it's Total Recall and Bladerunner sounding music!
  • mothbanquet - November 10, 2011 9:12 a.m.

Totally. I'm a rock/metal fan first and foremost but everything in both ME games, from the ambient synths of the Citadel to the pulse-pounding tunes of Afterlife, simply blew me away. Totally broadened my horizons, without a doubt.
  • Yeager1122 - November 8, 2011 8:27 p.m.

Couldnt agree more with Fallout more spent 100 plus hours with the radio blasting in both games.
  • SerpentineZERO - November 8, 2011 6:53 p.m.

God, the THPS soundtracks are so damn good. Lagwagon and Bad Religion are two of my favorite bands.
  • bigredfrew - November 8, 2011 5:58 p.m.

GTAs' soundtrack always provided me with extra reasons to play. I also loved the KH soundtracks, along with Final Fantasy stuff. Never really listened to orchestral music until I started playing them. BTW, saw In Flames live over the summer, and I gotta say, they did not dissapoint :D
  • phoenix_wings - November 8, 2011 3:26 p.m.

I always got some good kicks out of video game music. GTA especially because you could get in a car and turn it to whatever tickles your fancy. Same with Saints Row. Saints Row and GTA Vice City - 80s rock and pop. I've always liked classic rock, but I tended to stay away from big hair and tight pants. Now I see things differently... And I totally have Juice Newton and Eddie Rabbitt in my music collection.
  • ericthesmith - November 8, 2011 2:45 p.m.

Beatles: Rock Band really opened me up to a wide spectrum of artists and genres.
  • lemur - November 8, 2011 2:40 p.m.

I'm am very dissapointed that there was know halo on the list. I had some of the best game musis and it was all orginal. It also exposed people to classical music and made them love it.
  • The_Tingler - November 9, 2011 8:26 a.m.

Halo doesn't have any classical music. It has music. Very good music, a classic soundtrack, but not "Classical". I think you should look up what that word means in terms of music. Also, this is all songs. There aren't any songs in Halo (don't worry though, A LOT OF COMMENTERS SEEM TO BE MISSING THIS POINT TOO.
  • Unoriginal username - November 8, 2011 2:38 p.m.

I remember literally spending my days with Amplitude until I lost it after an unfortunate shmelting accident.
  • Unoriginal username - November 8, 2011 2:39 p.m.

PS: I just got a new email address and got a new account, so some of you might recognize my personality...
  • Tazerbri - November 8, 2011 2:24 p.m.

Cheryll gets a 10 just for mentioning Dream Theater.
  • TheInvincibleDragon - November 8, 2011 2:11 p.m.

Hmm, I would say that some fighting games deserve to be in that category. As far as musical horizons, I would say Tekken and the SF Alpha series would go in that aspect. But, that's my opinion. Not a bad list overall, though.
  • D0CCON - November 8, 2011 1:55 p.m.

Bingo bango bongo I'm so happy in the jungle I refuse to go! Yeah, I can see Fallout doing that.