• profile0000 - January 30, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Tactics, Kingdom Hearts, and Dissidia were the shit. Loved those games.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 30, 2012 5:42 p.m.

I hated Kingdom Hearts as a kid and I hate it now. Secret of Mana has the best box art ever and remains one of my all time favorite games.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 30, 2012 7:11 p.m.

I don't know about the game itself, I've never played it, but... god damn, that box art is incredible. Literally breathtaking.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 30, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Think of the combat and mechanics of Zelda: ALttP mixed with the stats and progression of Final Fantasy VI and you have perfect RPG bliss.
  • xarab4lyfex - January 31, 2012 6:21 a.m.

I would say perfect is a stretch. I can agree it is a hybrid of a zelda/final fantasy, but play it today and it's really outdated, unlike said Zelda and FF6. While it was great back then, it's nowhere near as enjoyable today, at least for me. But I never really cared for that game anyway.
  • Scoob - January 31, 2012 3:01 a.m.

My beef with Kingdom Hearts was the control. Way too tight. After six years of Nintendo perfecting the 3rd person controls with games like Mario 64, and Zelda, I couldn't get used to Kingdom Hearts.
  • statutoryreparez - January 31, 2012 10:08 a.m.

I completely agree with SoM box art, in fact its the background for my phone
  • TheInvincibleDragon - January 30, 2012 6:32 p.m.

I loved Dissidia. Played it for a good while during my deployment. I LOVE Crisis Core (Genesis, FTW!!), and Tactics has always been one of my favorites. What threw me for a loop was Secret of Mana. I had absolutely NO clue that it was FF spinoff. And I didn't like Kingdom Hearts, much.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 30, 2012 7:13 p.m.

My beloved Crystal Chronicles FINALLY gets some love. (The original, I never cared much for the sequels)
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 30, 2012 8:28 p.m.

I love Kingdom Hearts, and the other entries too, but I didn't really enjoy Crisis Core as much as I'd hoped. My favorite Final Fantasy spin-off game ever might be "Chocobo Racing" on the PS1. It's not very good, but I grew up with it, and love it to bits.
  • TrAnMu - January 30, 2012 9:30 p.m.

WOOOOOO! CRISIS CORE!
  • TwinHallow - January 30, 2012 9:36 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts is like in my top 5 games so i would pick that .....and yes im a fanboy and im proud haha
  • Oliolioliooo - January 30, 2012 9:37 p.m.

I thought Super Mario RPG would be in this, Square Enix did make it...and a little FF in it, especially at the end. Then again, it isn't a spinoff of FF
  • codystovall - January 31, 2012 1:31 a.m.

Final has lost all meaning.
  • DarthPunk - January 31, 2012 2:14 a.m.

Was about to say I give up reading this website if you put Kingdom Hearts at no. 1. Thankfully you didn't
  • AshLynx - January 31, 2012 4:37 a.m.

Nice article. Are you guys going to do one for Dragon Quest spinoffs? I don't there are quite as many (and even fewer in America) so maybe a top 7 list couldn't be made, but some sort of list should be, eh?
  • sonofskywalker3 - January 31, 2012 6:01 a.m.

I wasn't waiting for a Final Fantasy fighting game, because I played one that came out ten years before this Dissidia crap. It's called "Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring" and it rocks. You just got learned children.
  • xarab4lyfex - January 31, 2012 6:24 a.m.

Love Kingdom Hearts, it's my second favorite series behind the ace attorney series, and am playing through tactics now, but I could care less for Secret of Mana as I never really enjoyed the mix of RPG and Illusion of Gaia like combat. Personally I think that Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma are better games than Mana, but that's my opinion. Also, Crisis core is a great game with a great story, but pretty shallow combat.
  • THEBIGJ3 - January 31, 2012 7:56 a.m.

Secret of Mana :-D (Should be number one really!)
  • thesteve2 - January 31, 2012 8:26 a.m.

The first picture for Final Fantasy Tactics is identical to the Kingdom Hearts cover lmao