Topics

Halloweek Top 7

• FierceVoltage - November 1, 2012 6:47 p.m.

Also what was the island in Goldeneye thing?
  • camerinian - November 24, 2012 9:54 p.m.

It refers to an island that can be seen from the Dam, via a sniper rifle. There were rumors of special weapons, strange enemies, etc. hidden away on there. Unfortunately, none of it's true. Gametrailers did a video where they used a cheat device to turn off clipping, and they walked over the sea to the island. There is literally nothing more than an empty tower over there
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 2, 2012 6:54 p.m.

I was shocked the Ben story wasn't on there... I'm happy the community pulled through for once Lol
  • Kyo - November 2, 2012 10:01 p.m.

That Squall story(mostly the picture) gave me chills LOL creepy.. and I never got to beat the game cuz half way through my ps3 died and I lost the data.. still haven't tried again but damn that's crazy to think about. lol Also the Pokemon legend... I read a VERY VERY long story about it the end was like the end of a book but still a great read wish I remembered what it was called lol If there's a game that makes me feel creeped out even to this day it's pokemon blue. when i watch videos/hear the music from it I feel the same way I felt when I played it when I was a little boy haha
  • hiner - November 3, 2012 6:35 a.m.

Story about Ben is creepy enough but that's all it is, just a story. It was made up by the author. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-mask-creepypasta-ben-drowned
  • Fuzunga - November 3, 2012 2:34 p.m.

Though for sure this list would include the ghosts of Halo.
  • 8bitBaby - November 3, 2012 3:48 p.m.

man, i don't recognize ANY of these gaming urban legends. hell, I played FF8, and never made that kind of connection. I was way too busy being bored out of my mind playing it. what a boring effing game. I beat it tho, and watched it til the end of the credits. boring. i guess ive been living under a rock or something this last decade and a half.
  • blackrealm - November 4, 2012 12:03 a.m.

i already knew almost all of those, but that faceless squall? Daaaaaaaamn you got me there, that sacred the shit out of me
  • killercroc72 - November 4, 2012 10:24 a.m.

Well, I only recognized the Minecraft one, but the other ones still managed to creep me the hell out.
  • newwavebossanova - November 25, 2012 9:05 a.m.

Can I call bullshit about this article month late? Just the Lavender Town one. I don't care about the suicide stories and all, believe that if you want. Just the thing about them changing the music for the US version. They didn't. That's all.
  • justin-kirk - April 2, 2014 7:34 a.m.

Actually yes they did in the Japanese version the tone is a lot higher pitch while the us version is slightly lower in its tone it's very subtle and you actually have to listen really close but you can hear it.
  • alaisha-stodghill - April 5, 2014 2:19 a.m.

Actually this potentially refers to the original Lavender Town music from the Japanese beta version of Pokemon Green. It was MUCH creepier and has MUCH higher tones in it. Look up the video "Pokemon Green Beta Lavender Town Music (REAL VERSION)." HOWEVER, this may not be legitimate, as the ROM of such game would not have been distributed. Still an interesting listen though, very creepy. Do not listen with headphones or at high volumes unless you want a nice headache.
  • ironrafael - November 27, 2012 12:40 p.m.

What about the black Pokémon cartridge one? http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/07/30/the-urban-legend-of-pokemon-black/
  • MrJechgo - December 11, 2012 4 a.m.

The Tails Doll from Sonic R? You know, the story that anyone who obtained it in-game got severely injured or died in car accidents? Ring any bell?
  • g1rldraco7 - February 19, 2014 4:46 p.m.

I remember these on the 2012 Radio Radar podcast. These creeped me out the most O.O
  • shawksta - February 19, 2014 6:40 p.m.

Meh, not really spooked by them anymore.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 20, 2014 4:47 p.m.

Ahhh, those two always send a chill down my spine... I sure do love me some creepypasta (even if the last one is actually IN a game).