• Rub3z - April 24, 2012 12:32 a.m.

Enemies I hate... let's see... Those robots with the flamethrowers in Vanquish, depleting your combat abilities to "wuss" by overheating your suit at points when you really needed it. Also, the Crystal Viper boss, with his array of one-hit kill moves combined with the ability to turn GODDAMN INVISIBLE, GODDAMNIT. Similar to the Crystal Viper (at least in appearance) the Tabuu final boss guy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with his auto-killing, screen-filling shockwave move that would pulse FASTER and in MORE INTERVALS on higher difficulties... why oh why? Related to helicopters... the one in Need for Speed: The Run that would destroy your car in just a few hits from its machine-gun fire raining from above. However, I can actually think of a couple enemies that didn't really fill me with hate because of actual gameplay-related stuff, like their difficulty. Case in point: Marcus Blackwell, your rival driver in Need for Speed The Run's story mode. He was a dick, appearing at one point to just ram the backside of your car, and at another point when you catch up to him later in the game, ditching you to succumb to the fury of his mob cronies in the aforementioned helicopter. Dick. A better case in point, however: the main bad guys in The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword. Oh dear Lord; was Ghirahim such a melodramatic, snarky, conceited douche. And the reveal in the endgame of his master, the real villain God-of-Evil-and-Death-to-end-all-evil-gods (can't remember his name)... he was just so remarkably, unquestionably evil and even MORE arrogant than his underling that I couldn't help but be filled with seething loathing at him and all he represented. He was basically the walking, talking, breathing manifestation of evil. I guess, however, that was just how the devs intended... his evil was so pure and vile that it was just such a cathartic release to end him.
  • Fatbot - April 24, 2012 12:23 a.m.

I hate the rape factory known as Igniz from KoF 2001. Fighting him was like playing Russian Roulette while squatting on a bale of razor wire.
  • IceBlueKirby - April 23, 2012 11:43 p.m.

Man, I HATE Phanto. I was usually Luigi, so every time I jumped with Phanto chasing me, he had plenty of time to hit me before I ever touched the ground. I hastily tossed more than a few keys into pits trying to get him to go away. And on the note of Mega Man bosses, the dragon thingy from Mega Man 2 pissed me off. That fight was the reason I never finished the game. I also hate Charade from Soul Calibur II, because depending on whose moveset he had, he'd either be a cinch or wipe the floor with me. There was no way of knowing if he was going to be easy or not, no matter how many times I played.
  • Sy87 - April 23, 2012 8:31 p.m.

Thank you for saying that Shao Kahn was just a cheap boss. I wish they did more game play checking I swear they just make things with out checking if its really fair. Just like veteran in COD. If I could record I show you they never reload and too many infinite grenades. I like a challenge so long as its a challenge not some cheap game breaker. I guess Shao Kahn was more a pain than DOA4 boss. I also say the boss from the first Prototype I still don't know what Im supposed to due eh maybe I got bored of it.
  • forestfire55 - April 23, 2012 7:45 p.m.

That last f*cking boss in shadow of the colossus pissed me off so much, it wasnt enough that it blew you down a dich every 6 seconds, but as soon as i got reasonably jigh on him, id fu*king fall! But i loved the game...
  • nathan-hounsell - April 23, 2012 7:38 p.m.

I think any boss in ff13 that could randomly cast death that pissed me off so much whenever I was doing awesome but then he casts death just to make sure you lose and try again and then the next you play it he doesn't do it so he just did to waste your goddamn time.
  • MetaSyke - April 23, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Bloody Marie in Skullgirls. Take everything you hate about fighting game boss enemies and mix them all into one infuriating (but cute in a twisted way) package.
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 9:41 a.m.

Meh, she's not that bad, at least not with most characters. Cerebella, fillia, double, miss fortune and peacock can deal with her easily even in her last form. It's only with valentine and painwheel that gets tricky because her powerful air attacks are grabs and those don't connect with Marie. Whereas Shao Khan is just an all around asshole no matter which character you use.
  • Corsair89 - April 23, 2012 7:26 p.m.

God, I hated Alma. It took me forever to beat her.
  • taokaka - April 23, 2012 7:07 p.m.

I was replaying god of war: ghost of sparta recently and the wraiths were the cheapest enemy in the series, and when you have to fight two of them plus an armored cyclops in an absolutely tiny space it drove me insane. Also one of the pig noises in pork city from twewy which you had to use a specific pin to beat and you had about ten seconds to do so, this battle annoys me to this day because I've maxed out character levels have awesome clothes and pretty good stats yet I still couldn't beat it before it fled, and due to that have never beaten the ultimate enemy.
  • jdognasty - April 23, 2012 6:26 p.m.

Sephiroth from both Kingdom Hearts games... what a dick
  • manlydany - April 23, 2012 6:20 p.m.

goddamn Seth from SFIV. lord knows how many times i've yelled at my t.v. because of him. Also, spider guardian from Metroid Prime 2
  • kachigop - April 23, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Anything from I Wanna Be the Guy. If you've seen Psystarcraft's IWBTG commentary (as well as I Wanna Be the Boshy) then you know... That entire game deserves a place on this list.
  • SDHoneymonster - April 23, 2012 6:11 p.m.

The Maneaters from Demon's Souls. That is all I'll say, otherwise I'll weep. The horror...
  • J-Fid - April 23, 2012 4:56 p.m.

I think the problem with the Blue Shell is not how over-powered it is, but how ubiquitous it is. In MK64 and MKDD, it's very rare and almost never see it (especially MK64, THAT is rare). Since MKDS, I can expect to see the Blue Shell at least TWICE a race, every race. Not fun. Maybe that's why people still consider MK64 to be the best Mario Kart, even to this day.
  • codystovall - April 23, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Errherm...his name is pronounced Gary Motherfuckin Oak to you knaves. Actually his name is Green(Blue in america). I always hated alpha from doa.....go on...go fight her and tell me you dont hate her.
  • einhazard - April 23, 2012 4:26 p.m.

Shao Khan easy mode in the new game: Teleport behind him, sweep. Repeat for like 20 minutes.
  • sh33phead - April 23, 2012 4:20 p.m.

Gary Motherf*****g Oak...
  • codystovall - April 23, 2012 4:55 p.m.

His biggets dick move is at the beginning. Red: Ill pick Bulbasaur- Green: ILL TAKE THE CHARMANDER! Red:....(ass)
  • FanofSaiyan - April 23, 2012 4:19 p.m.

Ares in God of War (particularly on God difficulty). As for final bosses in fighting games that pissed me off, Eyedol from Killer Instinct takes the cake in my book. Can ANYONE break his combos?