We Recommend

• ChristopherDalley - April 24, 2012 10:19 a.m.

Everyone from Final Fantasy XIII. Not enemies you say? Spend 5 minutes with Vanille in real life and you'd be searching for sharp objects. She should be the poster-girl for condoms. Snow is such a mega-douche I want to punch him repeatedly. In the dick. With a spanner. Nothing he ever does is logical. Heck, nothing *about* him is logical; How in the name of Jeebus do you get to be a leader of a bunch of rebels [read pathetic scene douche-fannies] when you have the I.q. of rabbit shit. I guess they just picked him because he had an awesome fist-pump. Hang on, it's absolutely groan-inducing. And his hat is fucking gay. Hope. Oh Hope. You made me lose it. You make me want to cut under your eyebrows and fill them with bees... slash that: motherfucking hornets. You the are the epitome of 'whiny bitch'. I hope GLaDOS puts in flotation tank and fills it with neurotoxin. And then Malcolm Tucker comes along, starts swearing at you and PUMPS THE TANK FULL OF SEWAGE UNTIL YOU FUCKING DROWN! Et-fucking-cetera.
  • Enigmatic - April 24, 2012 1:52 p.m.

I didn't mind having Hope and Kurt Cobain in Final Fantasy 13. I generally liked the characters.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 25, 2012 4:11 a.m.

[See above statement]
  • iHateFatPeople - April 24, 2012 10:15 a.m.

Alma was easy. Bone Dragon or the Dual Worms were alot worse.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 24, 2012 10:21 a.m.

No way, the Bone Dragon has a super easy pattern to memorize.
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 9:51 a.m.

Pretty spot on list, most of these were indeed dicks and annoyed the shit out of me. Specially the yellow devils in MegaMan 9 (Because you have to fight TWO yellow devils, and both of them are FLOATING) And Shao Khan, seriously, fuck Shao Khan. People Complain about Seth a lot, and yes he's cheap, but Shao Khan is even more ridiculous and infuriating. Only one I kinda disagree is Alma though... I honestly don't remember her being that difficult or giving me trouble. The samurai rider boss at the end of stage 2 kicked my dick far many more times. (since I was still getting used to the gameplay... and the constant mages, those fucking mages...)
  • TurkeyOnRye - April 24, 2012 9:47 a.m.

Noone mentioned Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus? Being turned into a defenseless eggplant having to hop back down half the stage was ulcer inducing. I'm still crapping blood...
  • NotSteve - April 24, 2012 8:43 a.m.

The Final Boss in the GameCube Soul Calibur 2's Sword Master mode made me so angry that it was the first time I ever threw a controller (I was in high school at the time). The wave-bird I spiked bounced off the floor, bounced off the television (this was a pre-flatscreen moment) and back into my lap. While I never beat that boss, I did laugh at that Buster Keaton BS until I had to go to the bathroom.
  • BurntToShreds - April 24, 2012 8:03 a.m.

Huh. Y'know, I can think of one game where helicopters weren't that annoying: Uncharted 2. I haven't played Uncharted 3, but I can say that whenever a helicopter appeared in Uncharted 2, it was definitely a unique experience. The first Helicopter in Uncharted 2 is probably one of the best segments of a game in this generation.
  • FireIceEarth - April 24, 2012 7:40 a.m.

Skyward Sword - Giraheim and The Imprisoned - Skyward sword had about ten boss fights, SIX of them were either Blondie or fluffyteethmonster. Fighting the Imprisoned got old. Fast.
  • MenWithCandy - April 24, 2012 4:28 a.m.

Zubat. Enough said.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 24, 2012 10:22 a.m.

Geodudes always bothered me more in caves, what with their self destruct abilities.
  • JMarsella09 - April 24, 2012 1:28 p.m.

Oddishs. I always picked squirtle so their absorb would kill me.
  • Hobogonigal - April 24, 2012 3:31 a.m.

I have always hated phanto since I was younger, it took me ages to complete the sections where he was and he was so creepy. Blue shell sucks as well but I wasn't aware that it could be avoided on Mario Kart 64.... how? Yes, Gary is a douche. I'll have to think a bit though for my personal most hated videogame boss.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 24, 2012 2:14 a.m.

I actually quite liked Phanto. He wasn't so bad to avoid except for one level where you had to dig and dig and dig into the sand while dropping the key, picking it up again and avoiding Phanto on a wraparound screen which meant he never left the screen. Good call on Shao Khan and "Helicopters" - even more so in Call of Duty. But for me three bosses stand out above all others: 1 - SFIV - Seth. Cheap moves, most of which have a tiny blocking window, he looks stupid, overpowered, can break through all your own moves. Has the decency to make you think you can beat him in round one and then completely rape you in round two. Fuck Seth and his blue ass. 2 - SOTC - Pelagia (Colossi 12). I love this game but this Colossi can go and fuck himself. Awkward controls, awkward weak spot and such a small time frame to hit it. This one took me so long and despite feeling sorry for most of the other ones, I was wishing for a "spit on your grave" button when I eventually beat it. 3 - LOZ:SS - The Forbidden. Awkward to hit? Check. Timed fight? Check. Looks stupid? Check. Have to fight him THREE TIMES!? Check. The Forbidden almost ruined Skyward Sword for me. The first fight is annoying, sure but it's not so bad that you can't beat him first time round. Then he grows arms and becomes much quicker. Which wouldn't be so bad except that to hit his weak points to have to catch up with him, avoid the frigging energy beam he emits with each step and then destroy 8 of them (six front, two back). And THEN you have to rush around to the other side of him to hit him in the head which is impossible to just "do" since his arms are too big for the platform so you have to jump off and hope the geyser to get up to the other side is near enough to the seal to hit it before he gets back up again. And even then you've got the tedious task of a flying Forbidden to kill at the end. Fuck you to the nth degree Forbidden. FUCK YOU!!!!
  • mattdark - April 24, 2012 2:01 a.m.

I say forget your rival in pokemon. Most of the pokemon in the game itself pissed me off. Biggest part came from how unbalanced moves that inflict status effects were (and still are) You could confuse a wild pokemon with relative ease, but how often would they actually hurt themselves? Then compare that to how often you would hurt yourself if they confused you. Then there were always the high-damage attacks that had low accuracy. You could usually predict that the lower the accuracy of an attack, the easier it would be for an enemy to hit you with it. And on top of that, even if you could survive the attack time and again, it would never run out. The enemy just didnt have to worry about the amount of times YOU could use the attack, they would just torment you with it till you gave up...
  • AuthorityFigure - April 24, 2012 1:59 a.m.

Not sure an item (Blue Shell) counts as an enemy - after all, it's a benefit to the person watching it fly past.
  • scaler2000 - April 24, 2012 1:04 a.m.

witcher 2, nekkers nuff siad
  • Rub3z - April 24, 2012 12:32 a.m.

Enemies I hate... let's see... Those robots with the flamethrowers in Vanquish, depleting your combat abilities to "wuss" by overheating your suit at points when you really needed it. Also, the Crystal Viper boss, with his array of one-hit kill moves combined with the ability to turn GODDAMN INVISIBLE, GODDAMNIT. Similar to the Crystal Viper (at least in appearance) the Tabuu final boss guy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with his auto-killing, screen-filling shockwave move that would pulse FASTER and in MORE INTERVALS on higher difficulties... why oh why? Related to helicopters... the one in Need for Speed: The Run that would destroy your car in just a few hits from its machine-gun fire raining from above. However, I can actually think of a couple enemies that didn't really fill me with hate because of actual gameplay-related stuff, like their difficulty. Case in point: Marcus Blackwell, your rival driver in Need for Speed The Run's story mode. He was a dick, appearing at one point to just ram the backside of your car, and at another point when you catch up to him later in the game, ditching you to succumb to the fury of his mob cronies in the aforementioned helicopter. Dick. A better case in point, however: the main bad guys in The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword. Oh dear Lord; was Ghirahim such a melodramatic, snarky, conceited douche. And the reveal in the endgame of his master, the real villain God-of-Evil-and-Death-to-end-all-evil-gods (can't remember his name)... he was just so remarkably, unquestionably evil and even MORE arrogant than his underling that I couldn't help but be filled with seething loathing at him and all he represented. He was basically the walking, talking, breathing manifestation of evil. I guess, however, that was just how the devs intended... his evil was so pure and vile that it was just such a cathartic release to end him.
  • Fatbot - April 24, 2012 12:23 a.m.

I hate the rape factory known as Igniz from KoF 2001. Fighting him was like playing Russian Roulette while squatting on a bale of razor wire.