• cptnoremac - October 6, 2014 11:04 a.m.

That one boss room from Mega Man 2. If you have full weapon energy, you just barely have enough crash bomb to hit all the targets, but that requires making some very difficult jumps and firing with just the right timing. On top of that, they're shooting at you the whole time from all around the room. To hell with that boss.
  • roboaedin - January 15, 2014 2:59 a.m.

He's not really a 'boss,' nor do you fight him, but Ryan from Beyond Two Souls is everything I made Jodie say when he first(when she was youngest, not when you saw him first) came in.
  • amaroq25 - May 7, 2013 9:56 a.m.

Yaizmat from final fantasy XII. An optional boss that infuriates me. Really Square??? die already stupid hunt
  • junseikei - May 14, 2012 7:29 p.m.

Also, add this to the hate list: Satan from from "Castlevania": Lords of Shadow. He taunts you about your dead wife and what he'll do with her, body lacking or not, and is ultimately killed with a choke- hold. What a little girl.
  • junseikei - May 14, 2012 7:25 p.m.

Hope it's realized, by some at least, that "Super Mario Bros. 2" was some other game that was just released with Mario's name on it. The real Super Mario Bros. 2 was later released as Mario: The Lost Levels.
  • cptnoremac - October 6, 2014 11:02 a.m.

Yes, everybody knows that.
  • TheRealGuitarHero - April 30, 2012 6:17 p.m.

Asians.. nuff said.
  • andy-domonkos - April 29, 2012 4:48 a.m.

Talbot from Uncharted 3. By the third time he had sucker punched me coming around some random corner, or drugging me, I wanted to jump into the screen and bite his face off. Not that Marlowe was any better, she was definitely pimp-slap worthy.
  • BaraChat - April 29, 2012 8:14 p.m.

Great one. He's that rare fictional character every single cell in my body loathed with passion. I think the last time I disliked a fictional char so much was Dolores Umbridge in The Order of the Phoenix (The book, in the movie she was infuriating, but not nearly as much as in the book).
  • NightlordKrusnik - April 28, 2012 5:10 a.m.

Y'know i really, REALLY hated the end blue Kasumi in DOA4..... No matter how i tried, that bitch would own on me usually a few times at least unless i got very very lucky....
  • helix - April 27, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Basilisks in Dark Souls. When you're a melee who has no spell or any protection gear.
  • PopeBenedictXVI - April 27, 2012 5:50 a.m.

Maester Seymour in Final Fantasy X. He tries to marry Yuna, you kill him, and he still keeps showing up. Motherfu....
  • AngelsandDemons1 - April 26, 2012 5:12 p.m.

I'm glad to see that b*tch Alma is on this list...I still have my XBOX hooked up because I still intend to beat her a$$ one day.
  • Sjoeki - April 26, 2012 12:19 p.m.

I hated those little leprachaun guys in golden axe that stole your stash as you were sleeping!
  • mentalityljs - April 25, 2012 4:58 p.m.

ARCHERS in general are by far the most annoying enemies I come across in a game. They're often not the most difficult, but can cripple a game's fun factor if you become surrounded (ie God of War) and lack a projectile or long distance weapon to take them out. Nothing urks me more than getting shot in the ass by 20 arrows while my defenses are rendered useless, weather it be i'm climbing or scaling or balancing my way through some ungodly chasm of doom. Their arrows also tend to strike out of nowhere when least expecting it, paired with faulty camera angles can also contribute to yet an ever more frustrating game experience.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 24, 2012 10:30 p.m.

Never fought that boss from Ninja Gaiden, because I only made it to the 6th level and vowed to never play again.
  • Aarononymous - April 24, 2012 8:48 p.m.

As many people have said before, the Goddamn bats! in so many games. Always common, always annoying. Keese in Zelda, Zubats in Pokemon, Bats in Castlevania, Bats in LOTRO, Bats in Diablo, Morrowind had Cliff Racers, Bats in Final Fantasy, and so many more.
  • robotdickens - April 24, 2012 7:06 p.m.

I never beat MK. After playing with Lui Kang and dying 20 times, I finally found the right combo to finally beat him. "Thank you God now it is finally over!... Oh shit..." I had to fight him again and died so many more times. If I wasn't so cheap, I would've broken my console, controller and the game.
  • maiaihii - April 24, 2012 3:55 p.m.

My most despised enemy is either the scorpion from caterpillar, he's a huge dick and always ruins my game. Or that scorpion looking guy from Gradius that comes by and grabs your options. As far as boss battles go, Dracula from Super Castlevania IV, or pretty much any boss from the latter half of Gradius V, it's pretty much impossible not to get hurt.
  • alexandre-bret - April 24, 2012 2:28 p.m.

The boss at the end of Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Its just some huge ass ball doing cheap move after another. terrible lazy though up boss.