• closer2192 - December 19, 2011 3:30 p.m.

I'm disappointed that the original Battlefront didn't make an appearance, it was good too!
  • AxiamWolfe - December 19, 2011 4:23 p.m.

But wasn't Battlefront 2 an improvement in most aspects of the original?
  • avantguardian - December 19, 2011 11:53 p.m.

it was, in almost every way. BUT, BF1 had the amazing bespin level (why it wasn't in 2 is beyond me), and in BF2 they neutered team damage, so everyone would roll with whatever the launcher class was called, and just shoot rockets at their feet, 'cause it wouldn't kill them. soon, everyone was doing it just in order to keep up (kinda like the MW2 one-man army/noob-tube/danger close nonsense). eventually, it put me off the game entirely. having only the tatooine level available for the awesome infantry-free game mode (you wanted to use han and fett in this mode, but you would just get WORKED) was also a bizarre decision, imo.
  • Turboash - December 19, 2011 3:41 p.m.

I played the balls off of X-wing and TIE Fighter. Sooo good.
  • chriszewski - December 19, 2011 4:46 p.m.

I miss the space sim genre. I'd buy a new stick for another X Wing or Freespace in a heartbeat.
  • RedHarlow - December 19, 2011 3:50 p.m.

I liked Republic Commando. It showed off a grittier side of Star Wars from a soldier's point of view. No Jedi or Sith to worry about, just doing the mission at hand. I'd love to see an Imperial Commando sequel. Bounty Hunter was cool as well, with it's gritty and dark side of the Star Wars universe. Shame it never spawned anything more, playing in the Original Trilogy as the bounty hunters hired by Darth Vader would be cool.
  • babyhenchy1 - December 19, 2011 4:22 p.m.

I had no idea what to expect when I first played KOTOR. It was a blind purchase I made at 12 years old. It became one of my all-time favorites and introduced me to BioWare, my favorite developer.
  • n00b - December 19, 2011 4:56 p.m.

man, im just tired of all these starwars
  • FauxFurry - December 20, 2011 1:11 a.m.

I do believe that was the title line and the titular line of Star Wars, if I'm not mistaken. They should have included that in Star Wars: the Force Unleashed. Maybe it would have at least made the list if it were in there?
  • FantasticMrStarFox - December 19, 2011 5:20 p.m.

KotoR is a great star wars game but is pretty flawed as a game. The AI and battle system are pretty bad. It's still a fantastic star wars game.
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 19, 2011 6:36 p.m.

I love anything Star Wars, but I was never into the flight sims outside of arcades. I'm surprised nobody suggested Star Wars Racer Revenge on the PS2, great podracing game and best prequel trilogy game in my opinion. The arcade version of Racer Revenge is also one of my favourite arcade games with it's pod seat controls.
  • baldycornrow - December 19, 2011 7:40 p.m.

X-Wing Alliance!!!
  • FOZ - December 19, 2011 11:21 p.m.

Republic Commando should at least be mentioned. It was incredibly polished and told a good Star Wars story with almost no reference to any Jedi, "prophecy" bs or anything.
  • pin316 - December 19, 2011 11:52 p.m.

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter was one of my all-time favorite games...and it had everything. Challenging single-player mode with tons of missions on both the rebel and empire sides (each one with goals for various medals ensuring replayability), a great multiplayer mode (this was the mid-90s, with a 56k dial-up modem, and yet you could have up to 16 players in the same game in some modes...dogfighting in A-wings was spectacular). A huge array of different ships to choose from, and then they addressed the only thing it was really lacking, a true story mode, with the release of the Balance of Power add-on pack. I can't understand why no-one at Lucasarts has thought of releasing an HD-update of this game as a downloadable PSN/XBLA title...it would be perfect!
  • AuthorityFigure - December 19, 2011 11:59 p.m.

LEGO Star Wars is a LEGO game, isn't it? You can have a LEGO themed game of any kind, but you can't have a Star Wars themed game of any kind.
  • Japanaman - December 20, 2011 9:06 a.m.

Yes, you can. There was a Star Wars podracing game, kart racing game, and FPS. There's Star Wars Monopoly, Star Wars Risk, and so forth. You can turn any game into a Star Wars game. Soul Calibur with SW characters? Star Wars: Masters of Tera-Kasi.
  • AuthorityFigure - December 21, 2011 12:34 a.m.

You can't have Star Wars Harry Potter, or Star Wars Pirates of the Carribbean. You're mentioning genres, not theme.
  • FemJesse - December 21, 2011 8:21 p.m.

Theme is not = to Brand or License. Of course you can't mix licenses. That's just plain silly. Licenses are only ever mixed when the owners expressly agree on the circumstances and closely oversee product development for quality and continuity standards. Lego is a BRAND. The Lego BRAND frequently LICENSES other properties for its titles. Star Wars is technically a License, it is frequently crossed over into other products. George Lucas treats it like a brand, but it's not. There's no such thing as "Star Wars Toys" There's Hasbro Brand toys that LICENSE Star Wars characters. Sorry to have to clear that up. I thought it was very obvious.
  • jmcgrotty - December 20, 2011 2:12 a.m.

I know that sometimes these lists come down to an opinion, but I also know that sometimes the facts are too obvious that, even an opinion can be wrong. That is the case here. The true #1 answer is the 1983 arcade version of Star Wars. It's just not even something that can be rationally disagreed with. And in the bigger picture, I would have liked to see the 1984 Return Of The Jedi arcade game make an appearance.
  • cubine - December 20, 2011 11:30 a.m.

Oh come on... Better than KOTOR? Not only the best Star Wars game of all time but arguably one of the best RPGs of all time?
  • GhostNappa2k10 - December 20, 2011 12:13 p.m.

Not just arguably one of the best RPGs of all time, but one of the best GAMES of all time?! Sorry, had to add that as I know a lot of people will agree :-)
  • Cwf2008 - December 22, 2011 3:21 p.m.

I disagree with your opinion because you are wrong.