Topics

Best of GR

• larkan - May 10, 2013 10:51 p.m.

I would've added Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 somewhere in there, he was a bitch to get rid of. Also, Harbinger from Mass Effect, Abaddon from Darksiders, and honestly, the 3 Prime Evils (Belial, Mephisto, Diablo) should've made the list as well.
  • taokaka - May 10, 2013 9:43 p.m.

When I saw the title I instantly thought hazama, however you missed his best qualities in your summary. You should have used this image for him to convey his personality better. http://tinyurl.com/cqp4eyd Other villains I think are definitely mentionable are -Caius Ballad (FFXIII-2), Don't let the game he appears in decieve you, he really is one of the most memorable villains I have ever gone up against in videogames. Every word he utters carries some sincere sorrow yet is equally menacing. -Sho minamoto (TWEWY), This villain is better than gravity itself or that's what his towers of trash claim. He yells maths related insults at you while still being completely badass. - zero (999), I spent the entire game suspecting the wrong character of being zero, or should I say I spent four playthroughs suspecting clover (number 4) of being zero. But the mastermind behind the game was so decieving he manged to be one of my least suspected characters despite a stack of evidence that pointed towards him. However my possible favourite villain is another from The world ends with you, I don't want to spoil anything for those who still haven't played the game so I won't elaborate on my decision but the composer definitely deserves a spot in my opinion.
  • Ohmama - May 11, 2013 12:16 p.m.

I like your choices: Caius Ballad and Sho Minamoto as runners-up, that's zetta cool!
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 13, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Agreeeeed 110000000%
  • CyrusDragonZero - May 12, 2013 6:43 p.m.

Much agreed. The Composer was not only an amazing reveal but also just a frustratingly powerful villain. I remember feeling for Neku, you could just tell he felt like there was nothing he could do...
  • sandplasma - May 10, 2013 9:27 p.m.

Death Adder, nice!
  • WILDMUSTANGX - May 10, 2013 9:13 p.m.

Oh, turns out Zehanort's already on the list! So is Dr. Wiley...but not Sigma!
  • john-hassink - May 10, 2013 9:06 p.m.

Regarding Konami, some unduly forgotten ones... * Master Snatcher (SD Snatcher) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXh9nrnluoY * Dr. Venom (Gradius 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWdTIHpUORE * Zelos (Salamander) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5txBjSi6wU * Freezaurus (Penguin Adventure) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05kTZArlAtI * Galious (Maze of Galious) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw6D5BwT16s * every boss from (Treasure of) Uşas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNMZtQiteO0
  • GR_LucasSullivan - May 13, 2013 11:02 a.m.

Treasure of Usas looks FRAKKING sweet! Methinks I need to play that.
  • briag45 - May 10, 2013 8:57 p.m.

Megatron!
  • Darree - May 10, 2013 8:48 p.m.

Probably not memorable to many but Dagoth Ur from Morrowind is great. Basically a god, his plan is to build another bigger god/giant robotdeath machine to free Morrowind from Imperial rule. He also spreads a plague that zombifies people and his followers, the stronger ones ascending from itto a demi-god status themselves. He is even slightly sympathetic, in your past life he was Nervar's (yours) loyal companion who attempted to protect the Heart of Lorkhan from your muderers and was driven mad from it.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 13, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Ah, yeah! I remember fighting him. Super baller
  • solange-aravena-almendares - May 10, 2013 8:29 p.m.

no N. Cortex??
  • HellSnap - May 10, 2013 8:25 p.m.

Ok Piramyd Head... what? no Nemesis?! and where's Visari (KillZone2), and if you were gonna pick a Rockman villain, why not Sigma? (you know the cool robot with a Scythe, who's actually a virus!) and by God where's Vergil (DMC3)?!!! I'm will not suggest The Boss because the list would be forced to include almost every villain from MGS series, but at least you could have include Vergil, right? And one more thing, not that I don't like 'em but if this is a Videogame character related list, The Joker and Darth Vader had nothing to do here, since they were not created for a videogame.
  • dns - May 10, 2013 8:24 p.m.

Nice list, but how about adding Shang Tsung?
  • BladedFalcon - May 10, 2013 9:51 p.m.

He's Shao Khan's bitch, really.
  • dns - May 10, 2013 10:42 p.m.

Nah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wewj89x8YKU&NR=1&feature=fvwp
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 11:17 a.m.

So? He still never really amounts to much in any of the storyline, and doesn't have a very distinctive or even menacing personality to differentiate him from other villains. AT least Shao Khan is someone everyone remembers for how cheap he is, and by his ridiculously arrogant lines like "you weak, pathetic fool!" Shang Tsung steals souls, whooptie do.
  • dns - May 11, 2013 12:52 p.m.

I'm not saying Shang Tsung is better than Shao Kahn, just saying he could be added to the list because he is a interesting character, with cool powers like transformation and the skill of stealing souls.
  • DragonLord23 - May 10, 2013 8:01 p.m.

Saren from Mass Effect. One of the best villains. Also can we say THE PLAYER in any game where you can choose to be evil.