Beauty And The Beast getting a live action adaptation, Naomi Watts signs on for Divergent sequels and a look at the Jubilee that never made it to X-Men: Days Of Future Past .
• Disney has announced a live-action adaptation of Beauty And The Beast is in the works, and that Twilight: Breaking Dawn ’s Bill Condon has signed on to direct. The news comes just days after Maleficent made a mint at the box office, and is the latest in a long line of Disney films currently getting the live action treatment, including Cinderella , Alice In Wonderland sequel Through The Looking Glass and The Jungle Book .
• Naomi Watts has signed on for Divergent sequels Insurgent and the two part finale Allegiant . Watts will play Evelyn, leader of the Factionless. Filming is currently underway on Insurgent , due for release March 2015.
• It’s not due to air until 2015, but here’s the first poster for Rob Thomas’ new CW series iZombie . An adaptation of Chris Roberson and Michael Allred’s Vertigo comic, iZombie stars Rose McIver ( Once Upon A Time ’s Tinker Bell) as Gwen, a zomboid who inherits part of people’s memories when she eats their brains.
• Since Edgar Wright’s eleventh hour exit from Ant-Man Marvel has been ice skating uphill trying to find a replacement. Adam McKay ( Anchorman ), Rawson Marshall Thurber ( Dodgeball ) and Ruben Fleischer ( Zombieland ) were all previously linked, but have since pulled out or look unlikely to sign up. The latest names on Marvel’s hit list: Nicholas Stoller ( Bad Neighbours ) and Michael Dowse ( Goon ). Marvel faces an impossible task finding a suitable replacement, but Goon is an underrated gem, so we’d love to see Dowse get his shot at the big leagues.
• In yet more director news, seems the Snow White And The Huntsman sequel is finally picking up steam and three names are currently on Universal’s shortlist: Frank Darabont ( The Mist ), Gavin O’Connor ( Warrior ) and Andy Muschietti ( Mama ). Darabont is a particularly interesting choice, and after the recent run of bad luck he’s been having on TV perhaps a return to the big screen is overdue.
• And finally here’s a look at the future Jubilee we never saw in X-Men: Days Of Future Past courtesy of the film’s costume illustrator Phillip Boutte Jr . She wouldn’t stand a chance against the future Sentinels with those sparkles.