Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back for Independence Day 2, Under The Dome debuts strong and could Vin Diesel be joining the Marvel universe?
• Will Smith may be out, but director Roland Emmerich has confirmed that badass Pres Bill Pullman and computer geek saviour Jeff Goldblum will be back for Independence Day 2 in a cast which will consist of half new, half returning characters. Emmerich also expressed interest in a return to Stargate , which seems more likely than ever now that ID4-2 is actually, maybe, probably happening. [Via Coming Soon ]
• Not content with life as a one-man Riddick PR machine, Vin Diesel has revealed (via a post scrip on Facebook , of course) that Marvel have requested a meeting with him. Could The Fast And Furious star be in line to slip on the Gauntlet of Power as Thanos? Or maybe there’s a certain rocket-wielding racoon in his future. Let the speculation begin!
• Stephen King adaptation Under The Dome debuted on US network CBS earlier this week to a whopping 13.14 million viewers making it the most-watched summer drama premiere since 1992. One to watch when it airs on Channel 5 in the UK later this year. [Via Coming Soon ]
• Alongside Arrow , The CW have announced the Fall air dates for the slate of shows. Beauty And The Beast returns on Monday 7 October, Arrow and The Tomorrow People land on Wednesday the 9th, The Vampire Diaries is up on Thursday 10th, while Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals and Supernatural go back to back from Tuesday 15 October. [Via Coming Soon ]
• Fox has also been airdate-announcing, revealing that the new JJ Abrams/JH Wyman joint Almost Human will debut on Monday 4 November, while Sleep Hollow will air from Monday 16 September. [Via Collider ]
• The saga of Sam Mendes and Bond 24 so far has had more twists and turns than a quintessential Fleming novel. First he wasn’t. Then he was. Now he maybe isn’t again. He told HeyUGuys : “In answer to the question you’re going to ask, I don’t know yet. I’m in discussion over the ‘B’ word and I won’t make any decision until [ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ] is open. It’s taken a long time to get this open and this has been my focus.”
• Trailer for new possession horror comedy Hell Baby . Can’t say we’ve got high hopes.
• Arthur C Clarke will be following Gene Roddenberry and James Doohan into space. A few strands of Clarke's hair are due to travel on Nasa's first ever deep space solar sail mission". In a fitting tribute, the craft will be named the Sunjammer, after Clarke’s 1964 story about a solar sail space race. The late 2014 voyage is being organised by Celestis , which runs "memorial spaceflights" for upwards of £8,000. [Via The Guardian ]