• SpeedHighway - February 12, 2014 10:51 a.m.

#10's just not true. My A50 headset's volume control is a free-spinner (meaning it doesn't have a finite spin distance one way or the other) and works flawlessly. :) It does, however, have to be setup very strangely. I have to set it to "Chat Only" (per the mnfr instructions) in order to get All sound to go through the headset. Works great at night when my little one is trying to get to sleep as I can turn the TV volume down and put on the headset.
  • SPAZFM - February 11, 2014 2:04 p.m.

Youtube would be nice
  • udUbdaWgz - November 29, 2013 6:06 p.m.

it's funny that so many of the things listed as needing improvement are multi-media and multi-player issues. you know, the very things people are criticizing msoft for emphasizing. (and, are good at, btw.)
  • Eightboll812 - November 29, 2013 10:26 p.m.

Honestly don't even get your point here. The things that are multi-media related are mostly things the Xbone doesn't even do yet, so saying Sony should improve them isn't a negative comparison against Xbone, which supposedly MS emphasized but just didn't implement. Share directly to Youtube -- Not sure MS offers that? PS3 Game streaming -- MS has said they aren't planning to have game streaming any time soon. Adjustable display size for livestreaming -- MS doesn't have livestreaming on Xbone yet. So at least PS4 has livestreaming to complain about.
  • udUbdaWgz - November 29, 2013 6:03 p.m.

"better graphics, integrated streaming and lots of power" does NOT mean "next-gen." TRUE "next-gen" takes place in the minds of developers. when will people finally get it?
  • treeroy - February 11, 2014 2:11 p.m.

"Next-gen" does not exist, it is not a real thing.
  • gdawg94 - November 28, 2013 11:42 a.m.

I'd like to point out that unless I'm mistaken, remote play works via wireless LAN. This means that the distance from you and the PS4 is irrelevant. It's the distance between you, the router, and the router and the PS4. They recommend that the PS4 be connected to the router via LAN (wired connection) and the router placed in a central location. You also have to realize the draw backs to WiFi. The signal is high-frequency and thus has a smaller range. It is easily impeded by walls as well. There is nothing you can do to over come this except for minimizing obstacles between you and the router as well eliminate anything that emits a signal as well, such as microwaves, wireless phones, etc.
  • Sjoeki - November 28, 2013 10:53 a.m.

You guys mentioned that you need a gold account on the Xbox One if you want to use Netflix. Do you also need Playstation Plus on the PS4 to use Netflix?
  • Eightboll812 - November 28, 2013 11:18 a.m.

I don't believe it does. I haven't tested, but from what it sounds, Sony is being more sensible about what apps and games are behind the paywall and which are not.
  • Sjoeki - November 28, 2013 11:24 a.m.

Thanks, and hope you're right. I was wondering about it cause to my knowledge it hasn't been mentioned.
  • Eightboll812 - November 28, 2013 1:26 p.m.

Looks like it is confirmed. All apps aside from games are outside the paywall. http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-launch-apps-confirmed-with-iplayer-netflix-and-lovefilm-leading-the-way-1202884 "Contrary to the Xbox One's Xbox Live paywall, all of the PS4 apps available on launch day will be accessible without subscribing to PlayStation Plus."
  • j4rgon - November 30, 2013 4:05 p.m.

There are F2P Games that don't require PS+ as well. I believe Warframe is one example.
  • Sjoeki - December 1, 2013 6:34 a.m.

good to know, thanks!
  • shinkeiDEI - February 12, 2014 8:59 a.m.

Nope, you don't need. PS+ is only for Multiplayer and auto updates.
  • death4us - November 27, 2013 11:27 p.m.

What happened to consoles edge over the PC by just putting a game in and being able to play it??? Now you have to do everything a PC does and sometimes more. Consoles now are just underpowered overpriced PCs that are connected to your TV. So if you want your console to do what your PC does why not just use your PC instead lol
  • N7Spartan95 - November 28, 2013 4:31 a.m.

I don't know; cheaper price plus not having to worry about system requirements? That's why I like gaming on consoles, and I'm sure plenty of other people like the convenience.
  • bernard-marlow - November 28, 2013 7:54 a.m.

Cheaper price no longer applies to console, I built a pc that runs battlefield 4 @ 120 fps at greater graphical spec than either console. It cost me £280 to build & I play with a controller in front of my telly. I don't really look at system spec on games & with the steam sales you can get great games like skyrim @ £3.75 bargin & all my online play is free of charge. Console owners really have a very bad deal this gen.
  • abetterplayer - November 28, 2013 10:59 a.m.

and what graphics card did you buy? although i do agree with you the cheaper console arguement died years ago, as for the system spec you dont have to keep looking i built my pc 3 years ago and i havnt had to look at the system requirements and with services like steam you will prob realise that 1 the pc is actually cheaper in the long run 2 they do everything and more and better 3 the pc is probably just as convenient as either of the consoles al get a Ps4 when i can but i still think people should readjust their old and dated arguements as they are simply wrong!
  • Eightboll812 - November 28, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Nvidia has software that can auto-configure graphics settings for games, so often times you don't even need to fiddle anymore with settings and all that. The PC keeps erasing the benefits consoles have.
  • N7Spartan95 - December 4, 2013 4:23 p.m.

I will concede to your argument. I just thought that a high-end PC would cost $1000 or something similar. Though I guess free online play would make it cheaper in the long run.